Out & About

TexasTVNews

Aloha Taylor posted on Facebook that she is retiring from KSWB. Her last day will be Thursday. You can catch her on 1, 4 and 6pm on KSWB.

She started at KGMB, worked her way to the mainland to KFMB, moved to WCCO for a year, back to San Diego at XETV and KSWB.

8 hours ago, SFTV said:

Aloha Taylor posted on Facebook that she is retiring from KSWB. Her last day will be Thursday. You can catch her on 1, 4 and 6pm on KSWB.

She started at KGMB, worked her way to the mainland to KFMB, moved to WCCO for a year, back to San Diego at XETV and KSWB.

Cool first name.

WPMI NBC 15 was back in the studio this morning doing normal newscasts.

It must have been a widespread quarantine for them to be having WEAR handle it for an entire week.

For any exclusive times or for any "bumped" newscasts on WPMI they did produce separate ones, otherwise they were simulcast on WEAR during the times when both stations are doing news.

I hate to say it, but watching these could be a glimpse of the future IF Sinclair ever decides to shut down the Mobile operation and do everything out of Pensacola.   It sort of had that WSAZ vibe to it.

Edited by tyrannical bastard

15 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

WPMI NBC 15 was back in the studio this morning doing normal newscasts.

It must have been a widespread quarantine for them to be having WEAR handle it for an entire week.

For any exclusive times or for any "bumped" newscasts on WPMI they did produce separate ones, otherwise they were simulcast on WEAR during the times when both stations are doing news.

I hate to say it, but watching these could be a glimpse of the future IF Sinclair ever decides to shut down the Mobile operation and do everything out of Pensacola.   It sort of had that WSAZ vibe to it.

That’s the one aspect I loved about that market when I lived near there 6-10 years ago and should not change is the separation of focus between the two stations. WEAR is completely a Florida based TV station where WPMI focused mostly on Alabama. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jerseyfla said:

That’s the one aspect I loved about that market when I lived near there 6-10 years ago and should not change is the separation of focus between the two stations. WEAR is completely a Florida based TV station where WPMI focused mostly on Alabama. 

Sadly, it seems Sinclair has been slowly chipping that away.  Last year when they were short in the weather department, they would either let the weekend anchor read it or have WEAR pre tape their forecasts.

Maybe a potential benefit could be having either Dan Shugart or Steve Nissim do a daily sports segment.  WPMI hasn't had a full-time sportscaster since Lance Crawford left earlier this year.

WKRG under Nexstar has really ramped up their presence in Northwest Florida, hiring several "digital journalists" to cover the area exclusively.  Plus, they are the only other station in the market to do sports, and have two anchors.  Longtime anchor Randy Patrick and weekend sports anchor/sports Overtime host Robby Baker.  Could be another insurance policy if/when Randy Patrick decides to retire. 

Edited by tyrannical bastard

WBTW has hired Annette Peagler , to co-anchor the 5:30 and 11 p.m. newscasts and sole anchor the 10 p.m. newscast on WFXB. She replaces Nicole Boone who has retire from the anchor desk and now the Special Events Anchor. This is one hire that I am exited to see! The last African American woman to anchor the weeknight evening news at WBTW (Vanessa Hill) left in 1994. Annette starts in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 4

Numerous Hearst and Tegna stations are named in a lawsuit, filed December 10, for using video and photos from wildlife photographers without permission. The video is from 2017.

This blog post has a link to the document.

https://thedesk.matthewkeys.net/2020/12/kcra-sued-copyright-infringement-federal-court-instagram-polar-bear/

1 hour ago, TheRob said:

Numerous Hearst and Tegna stations are named in a lawsuit, filed December 10, for using video and photos from wildlife photographers without permission. The video is from 2017.

This blog post has a link to the document.

https://thedesk.matthewkeys.net/2020/12/kcra-sued-copyright-infringement-federal-court-instagram-polar-bear/

Ooooohh, that's interesting 

I imagine this will be settled out of court...

The year from hell at WFSB continues. Noon anchor/Better Connecticut co-host/de facto health reporter Kara Sundlun has COVID and at minimum her Better Connecticut co-host, morning meteorologist Scot Haney, is quarantining as well, doing the weather from home as had been standard practice at the outset of COVID.

The rest of their morning team is in the studio as of this morning, I'm surprised they haven't had to self-quarantine as well as a precaution.

For a clearer version of that image, click here.

Edited by scrabbleship
  • Sad 2

On 12/14/2020 at 2:56 PM, Newsjunkie24 said:

Cool first name.

She must been from Hawaii, as I'm seeing in comments she's young retiring in her 50s, she must have a lot of money in the 🏦. To last her the rest of her life!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gavin said:

She must been from Hawaii, as I'm seeing in comments she's young retiring in her 50s, she must have a lot of money in the 🏦. To last her the rest of her life!!!

I also believe that whatever caused her to have extended time off multiple times in the last year may also have something to do with it.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:28 PM, scrabbleship said:

The year from hell at WFSB continues. Noon anchor/Better Connecticut co-host/de facto health reporter Kara Sundlun has COVID.

A update: Her husband, the controversially-parted-from-WFSB Dennis House, has also tested positive for COVID. On the day before his birthday no less.

Maureen Wurtz from KTUL and Jackie DelPelar from KOKI have left their stations here in Tulsa Oklahoma.  Jackie is heading to Nashville joining FOX17 as for Maureen she hasn't announced just yet where she will go.  Maureen said in her post on Facebook that she made the decision on New Years that 2020 would be her last year in Oklahoma.

On 12/19/2020 at 9:53 PM, ScottSchell said:

Maureen Wurtz from KTUL and Jackie DelPelar from KOKI have left their stations here in Tulsa Oklahoma.  Jackie is heading to Nashville joining FOX17 as for Maureen she hasn't announced just yet where she will go.  Maureen said in her post on Facebook that she made the decision on New Years that 2020 would be her last year in Oklahoma.

I guess Maureen have been transferred to another division in the company (Sinclair)...

Edited by Yankees4life