Out & About

TexasTVNews

The other victim was the boyfriend of a different Ft. Myers reporter. Both victims were wearing helmets per a newspaper article. Unfortunately, the helmet is just a little piece of plastic between you and a sturdy object at high speed.

Edited by TheRob

Ted Perry is back on WITI as of the Packers halftime report tonight, so the corporate-induced suspension is over for him; no return to socials yet (not linking to his Twitter, but Dan O'Donnell is...bitter he didn't win a firing).

Edited by mrschimpf

48 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Big news out of Steel City.....

Thought i would Start this. BUT, I wonder if this was a force out like we have seen with KDKA-TV, Meredith, TEGNA and others. I know Rob Owen of the Tribune Review plans to ask this also but I would bring it up here as well for people here to Discuss. I'm so happy for Peggy and I hope she takes some time off and continues to keep that Pittsburgh Charm she has.

6 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Thought i would Start this. BUT, I wonder if this was a force out like we have seen with KDKA-TV, Meredith, TEGNA and others. I know Rob Owen of the Tribune Review plans to ask this also but I would bring it up here as well for people here to Discuss. I'm so happy for Peggy and I hope she takes some time off and continues to keep that Pittsburgh Charm she has.

According to the Trib, the decision was entirely hers...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Big news out of Steel City.....

Well, she was being quietly pushed out in the evenings with Lisa Sylvester. And demoted to noon so I guess it was a sign but if it was hers that understandable too...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

Well apparently KJRH has let go of weekday morning anchor Travis Guillory and weekend morning meteorologist Carrigan Chovain.

Sad to hear. Travis was a terrific reporter at KATC (both during his initial time there and recently helping out during coverage of Hurricanes Laura and Delta), and I think KJRH was lucky to have him. Huge mistake on KJRH's part in letting him go.......

Edited by J1975am
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, tjt24 said:

I asked Rob Owen, The person who wrote that report, and he was concerned about a push out as well. I'm glad it was Peggy's decision though. It should be noted that Peggy was feeling down in the last few months (You can tell at points watching the Noon news). I feel so bad for her and glad that she will be finally be happy. I hope she takes a long time to rest. She's earned it.

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, J1975am said:

Sad to hear. Travis was a terrific reporter at KATC (both during his initial time there and recently helping out during coverage of Hurricanes Laura and Delta), and I think KJRH was lucky to have him. Huge mistake on KJRH's part in letting him go.......

I agree worst mistake on KJRH's end but that's always how they have been as you can tell by how they kicked out Jeff Lazalier, Dan Threlkeld, and Brett Anthony.

After 8 years anchoring together at DC's #1 station (WRC) for the area's #1 morning newscast (News4 Today), Aaron Gilchrist and Eun Yang will be split up.

Aaron will be heading national full-time as anchor and correspondent for NBC News Now; he's occasionally subbed-in for MSNBC before so this won't be entirely new to him.

Eun will now be joined by Jummy Olabanji, who was originally the "live desk" anchor for the morning news but has since taken on a more significant role as morning co-anchor weeks at a time since the pandemic has caused the station's anchor lineup to rotate in and out of studio. The changes are expected to take place in January 2021.

[Source]

Edited by Roadrunner

7 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

After 8 years anchoring together at DC's #1 station (WRC) for the area's #1 morning newscast (News4 Today), Aaron Gilchrist and Eun Yang will be split up.

Aaron will be heading national full-time as anchor and correspondent for NBC News Now; he's occasionally subbed-in for MSNBC before so this won't be entirely new to him.

Eun will now be joined by Jummy Olabanji, who was originally the "live desk" anchor for the morning news but has since taken on a more significant role as morning co-anchor weeks at a time since the pandemic has caused the station's anchor lineup to rotate in and out of studio. The changes are expected to take place in January 2021.

[Source]

I remember Jummy Olabanji, from WTKR in Norfolk VA many years ago. I believe this change was made because of Allison Seymour going to WUSA 9 and Maureen Umeh on WTTG Fox 5. WRC wanted some continuity with those 2 stations.

2 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I believe this change was made because of Allison Seymour going to WUSA 9 and Maureen Umeh on WTTG Fox 5. WRC wanted some continuity with those 2 stations.

I do think Aaron and Eun were compatible, with Eun being like color commentator and Aaron being the straight man. But Jummy made a great addition to the team and she also works well with Eun. What I actually think this is a response to, is to the addition of Marissa Mitchell and (soon) Jeannette Reyes to Fox 5; they've reduced Maureen's presence a lot already. All three stations we've mentioned (WJLA who?) are pretty much targeting different portions of the audience at this point and I'm wondering if News4 can still tackle the increased competition like it has been as we approach the next few years. (Shawn Yancy make your announcements!)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

[Source]

When was Aaron on MSNBC?

3 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

When was Aaron on MSNBC?

I had to search through his Instagram for this to remember when, but I found instances in 2018 (e.g. August, December). They weren't any major timeslots (seems like it was an occasional weekend morning slot), but he was on-air nonetheless.

• Like 2