Out & About

TexasTVNews

Bob Grip is anchoring the weekend 9pm newscast on WALA Fox 10. 

He retired back in January 2019 after a 30+ year tenure as primary anchor.

I wonder if this is a temporary fill-in position, or if he's looking to come out of retirement? 

Soon after Mel Showers retired from WKRG last year, he filled in a few more times over the summer and hasn't been seen since.

EDIT:. It's a temporary gig, and he may be on election night too.

Screenshot_20201102-091109_Facebook.jpg

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Facebook post

Former WCHS/WVAH Chief Meteorologist (And Democrat) Jim Barach has been elected to the West Virginia House of Delegates on three days ago on Election Day. He'll represent District 36 in the State Legislature. 

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/11/5/from-sinclair-to-the-state-legislature

Edited by TexasTVNews
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Glad he apologize. Joking about People's deaths is not funny at all.

I know Mitch Mcconnell is still alive, but I need to point this out.

Edited by Jakob

12 minutes ago, TheWatcherAtl said:

Not sure if it's permanent. But Tracye Hutchins will be anchoring the CBS46 (Wake Up Atlanta) 

morning show starting 11/12/2020.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=220325096116919&set=p.220325096116919

She stated it’s just for tomorrow. Honestly she must really be committed to that station with as many times they bounce her around I’d left long ago. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoseRM303 said:

She stated it’s just for tomorrow. Honestly she must really be committed to that station with as many times they bounce her around I’d left long ago. 

I think it has to do with her daughters education they reasons why she's stayed for so long.

I agree CBS46 (WGCL) has played hot potato with Tracye over the years. 

Amber Roberts and Jonathan Monté were reporting in Taylorsville today when a bridge they were standing on collapsed on the air. Thank goodness they are OK! How scary! Sometimes the news becomes the news! https://www.fox46.com/severe-weather/hiddenite-bridge-in-alexander-county-collapses-live-on-air/

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, ThatSowislander said:

When you think things couldn't get worse for Ted, well.. (from WISN radio host Dan O'Donnell)

If he loses his job, there's a pipeline to WDJT from WITI via their new GM... put money on it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LoadStar said:

I have thoughts about what Dan O'Donnell and the rest of the WISN lineup can do... I'll let you use your imagination as to what. IMO, they're all repugnant.

Considering those folks at WISN killed any effort by my county to reduce COVID-19 through inane 'but muh freedoms' protests against the county government (a county that isn't even covered in their news unless their 'outrage of the week' occurs here), it's no wonder WISN-TV long ago burned all bridges with them.

On 11/13/2020 at 12:13 AM, SFTV said:

Interesting read about the toxic workplace at KUSI.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/17007101173/permalink/10157329699556174/

From reading the comments and post, not only is john soderman gone after over 20 years there but Steve Bosh and Sasha Foo are also out after many years there. Only old timers left at KUSI seem to be Weatherman Dave Scott, Longtime Sports Anchor and Current Morning Co-Anchor Paul Rudy, Reporter Ed Lenderman and Anchor/Reporter Dan Plante. Gotta Wonder how much longer for them at KUSI

2 hours ago, ATLNEWS46 said:

From reading the comments and post, not only is john soderman gone after over 20 years there but Steve Bosh and Sasha Foo are also out after many years there. Only old timers left at KUSI seem to be Weatherman Dave Scott, Longtime Sports Anchor and Current Morning Co-Anchor Paul Rudy, Reporter Ed Lenderman and Anchor/Reporter Dan Plante. Gotta Wonder how much longer for them at KUSI

Sandra leaving was the ice breaker and John speaking out opened a lot of eyes along with multiple shots fired.

it’s been a while since I checked on my hometown market. It’s sad in the direction KUSI is going. A few weeks ago they had Mark Mathis clowning about the governors restrictions calling him King Newsom. 

I understand most of the staff at KUSI is old and trying to be the “cool parent” in the mornings but that was beyond out of bounds. 

20 hours ago, SFTV said:

Sandra leaving was the ice breaker and John speaking out opened a lot of eyes along with multiple shots fired.

it’s been a while since I checked on my hometown market. It’s sad in the direction KUSI is going. A few weeks ago they had Mark Mathis clowning about the governors restrictions calling him King Newsom. 

I understand most of the staff at KUSI is old and trying to be the “cool parent” in the mornings but that was beyond out of bounds. 

KUSI is like a mom-and-pop local version of Fox News to a degree. It's more Fox News than Fox 5. Remember, this is the station that let John Coleman go off about global warming. They clearly have a slant. Then again, that is their audience.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, timanny said:

KUSI is like a mom-and-pop local version of Fox News to a degree. It's more Fox News than Fox 5. Remember, this is the station that let John Coleman go off about global warming. They clearly have a slant. Then again, that is their audience.

Yep. Their owner is a conservative so that makes sense...

Jim Kambrich is retiring after 41 years in broadcasting, the last 26 years at WNYT; December 4 will be his last day at the station. His wife started a new job in NYC in July and has been going back and forth between there and the Albany area since, so they will be moving to NYC full-time.

Here's the video of his announcement via WNYT's Facebook page.

11 hours ago, ScottJ said:

Jim Kambrich is retiring after 41 years in broadcasting, the last 26 years at WNYT; December 4 will be his last day at the station. His wife started a new job in NYC in July and has been going back and forth between there and the Albany area since, so they will be moving to NYC full-time.

Here's the video of his announcement via WNYT's Facebook page.

Here's a promo for when he was the 11pm anchor at WAKC, which was then Akron's ABC affiliate alongside WEWS in Cleveland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olhxv2bbpXY

A lot of people either worked early or started their careers there.  Paxson shut down the news department in 1996 and dropped ABC the following year.

Edited by tyrannical bastard