Out & About

TexasTVNews

2 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

It could be a significant upgrade in the position, like from weekends to weeknights.

Pretty much correct - Walls will be doing weekday mornings in Charlotte. I believe Walls was mostly weekend evenings and a fill-in for other slots where the meteorologist wasn't able to make it. Having 5 meteorologists at the station likely made for slim chances of any promotion.

9 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Pretty much correct - Walls will be doing weekday mornings in Charlotte. I believe Walls was mostly weekend evenings and a fill-in for other slots where the meteorologist wasn't able to make it. Having 5 meteorologists at the station likely made for slim chances of any promotion.

Especially with ATL Legend Glenn Burns still going and Brad Nitz being the heir to the throne over there, her odds were not great at least for several years until glenn burns hangs it up but you'll be waiting a while yet to move to weekdays

On 4/8/2020 at 5:31 AM, CircleSeven said:

So small follow up.

The FCC has greenlighted the KFNB (and satellites) Front Range transaction. But the KGWC (Big Horn) & KTWO (VIsion WY) is still pending.

On 4/16/2020 at 1:25 PM, CircleSeven said:

KGWC & KTWO was also greenlighted.

The deal of the Wyoming trio (KFNB, KTWO, KGWC) was completed 6/1, but the closing papers was posted yesterday (6/8).

WNCN and Raleigh’s CBS and Nexstar’s Owned Station, Is losing another anchor Felicia Bolton is bolting Raleigh for Nexstar’s News Nation on WGN America as there social media anchor based out of Chicago. She’ll Debut when they debut September 1st !!!Bye Felicia!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBE34alFgq8/?igshid=ts5d24262wp7

Edited by Gavin

On 6/10/2020 at 3:50 AM, Gavin said:

WNCN and Raleigh’s CBS and Nexstar’s Owned Station, Is losing another anchor Felicia Bolton is bolting Raleigh for Nexstar’s News Nation on WGN America as there social media anchor based out of Chicago. She’ll Debut when they debut September 1st !!!Bye Felicia!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBE34alFgq8/?igshid=ts5d24262wp7

In other words, she's getting a promotion within Nexstar.

1 hour ago, Mastaclocksetta said:

Dave Lopez is retiring

CC: Los Angeles News/DEVELOPING: CBS Layoffs

An LA legend: a 43-year veteran of the station and 48 years in the market -- Dave's had a hell of a career and I'm happy he gets to take his break. I would hate to believe it, but wouldn't be terribly surprised if he maybe might have been bought out (a la possibly Brenda Waters) in these troubling times at CBS, but regardless. His announcement video is a must-watch and I'm happy to hear he's likely to get a pretty nice on-air send-off on June 30th.

KCTV5 has pulled the plug on BetterKC (KC no longer has a Pay-for-play Lifestyle show) and debuted a 9am hour of KCTV5 News today. I’ve been watching this and it is a nice alternative to not having to listen to Mark Alford on Fox4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, plzstandby said:

KCTV5 has pulled the plug on BetterKC (KC no longer has a Pay-for-play Lifestyle show) and debuted a 9am hour of KCTV5 News today. I’ve been watching this and it is a nice alternative to not having to listen to Mark Alford on Fox4.

Some people swear by Mark, but I swear he's getting more...eccentric...as he ages. Maybe he's better to work with, but on air it seems like you'd need a lot of patience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, plzstandby said:

This, for now, is curtains for Meredith's "Better" concept as Connecticut has been on hiatus since COVID hit.

Also, Better KC was pay for play? From what I've seen of Connecticut they seem to strain to hide anything of the sort. 

6 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

This, for now, is curtains for Meredith's "Better" concept as Connecticut has been on hiatus since COVID hit.

Also, Better KC was pay for play? From what I've seen of Connecticut they seem to strain to hide anything of the sort. 

WALA's Studio 10 went on hiatus for about a month then returned at 9:30 for a half hour of repeat/encore content, but has since returned full-force, only with the necessary social distancing changes.

They also have added a lot of Meredith content to the show (People, Recipes.com, etc...) but have never been associated with the "Better" brand...the show itself was launched in the LIN era and has only had a time shift to 9am and several co-host changes.

Edited by tyrannical bastard

Monica Matthews at WSB Radio tweets got her in trouble over WSB-TV anchor Jovita Moore.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/wsb-radio-lets-weekend-host-monica-matthews-citing-her-twitter-feud-with-jovita-moore/VgQxaJ3FiFQmg05p3CjTwJ/

Leaving WTNH 8 Jocelyn Maminta signed off NEWS8 after 20 plus years.

Edited by Breaking News

14 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

WALA's Studio 10 went on hiatus for about a month then returned at 9:30 for a half hour of repeat/encore content, but has since returned full-force, only with the necessary social distancing changes.

They also have added a lot of Meredith content to the show (People, Recipes.com, etc...) but have never been associated with the "Better" brand...the show itself was launched in the LIN era and has only had a time shift to 9am and several co-host changes.

Isn't KMOV in the same boat with Great Day St. Louis? 

If Better KC is truly dead and Better Connecticut doesn't come back, it may add fuel to the fire of Meredith tapping out of broadcast. Especially if they'd kill the cash cow of the latter as that was winning its slot back in the 3:00 days and all signs pointed to a return to that time/60 minute length was a "when, not if" deal pre-COVID.

• Like 3