Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Staying in Houston, KTRK's Melanie Lawson was a victim of a car break-in while eating out.

• Sad 2

Everybody, I won't be active on TVNT for the next three weeks due to this year's State Fair of Texas starting tomorrow, but I will be active when I get a day off. And CBS 11 (KTVT) will be at the fair every Friday at 4:00, 4:30, 5:00 & 6:00pm. I'll be posting pictures of the team and BTS while I'm at work.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

For anyone who thought that Ansin was going to lose Fox in Miami (including me), think again. The network just renewed it.

Super Bowl LIV at the Hard Rock will air on 7.

Then what's the point of Fox attempting to buy WSFL?

Edited by Georgie56

1 minute ago, Georgie56 said:

Then what's the point of Fox attempting to buying WSFL at this point?

Remember that was during the Sinclair-Tribune deal, when Fox attempted to buy those handful of Tribune stations.

During the Nexstar deal, WSFL was Spun-off to Scripps. Fox backed out of buying any spin-off, leaving the door open for Scripps & Tegna. Even them both outbidded Apollo.

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Remember that was during the Sinclair-Tribune deal, when Fox attempted to buy those handful of Tribune stations.

During the Nexstar deal, WSFL was Spun-off to Scripps. Fox backed out of buying any spin-off, leaving the door open for Scripps & Tegna. Even them both outbidded Apollo.

Understood. There was no way Fox was leaving SVN in the first place, seeing that it is one of their most-watched affiliates in the country. 

13 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Understood. There was no way Fox was leaving SVN in the first place, seeing that it is one of their most-watched affiliates in the country. 

If not, THE most-watched FOX affiliate in the country. I think WSVN regularly pulls in 300,000+ viewers for their news at 10pm (I saw that number years ago but not sure of 2019 numbers tho).

I’ve mentioned Paul Deanno is leaving KPIX. 

it’s now confirmed he’s joining WMAQ for the 11am and 4pm shows starting Oct 21

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/9/27/from-sfo-to-chicago

More are dropping like flies at KPIX

Political and weekend morning Anchor Melissa Caen to write a book and will contribute here and there.

Christin Ayers leaving CA to report out of state.

https://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2019/09/415-media-exclusive-more-bodies.html?m=1

Edited by SFTV

8 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

If not, THE most-watched FOX affiliate in the country. I think WSVN regularly pulls in 300,000+ viewers for their news at 10pm (I saw that number years ago but not sure of 2019 numbers tho).

I believe WSVN has been more successful as a FOX station then it was with NBC way back when. Furthermore, I've always wondered whether FOX will attempt to purchase Sunbeam Television when Mr. Ansin passes on.

11 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

KTVU may want to have a word re: the ratings, but that aside, SVN definitely ranks up there and absolutely is the model almost everything we know about FOX today is based off of - from FOX News Channel, to sports, to a lot of the older O&Os even. You could even say that about HDH to an extent--and they're still pulling in great numbers in Boston without a network affiliation.

I suspect the Ansin family will sell when Ed dies and it will be to FOX - both in Miami and Boston. Would be really interesting to see if they're handled with kid gloves as an O&O.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

FOX News Channel, to sports

Time for a new formula, in my opinion. I think the tabloid approach has gotten a little stale.

22 hours ago, JCB4TV said:

I believe WSVN has been more successful as a FOX station then it was with NBC way back when. Furthermore, I've always wondered whether FOX will attempt to purchase Sunbeam Television when Mr. Ansin passes on.

OMG are you kidding me? They certaintely will!

21 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

I suspect the Ansin family will sell when Ed dies and it will be to FOX - both in Miami and Boston. Would be really interesting to see if they're handled with kid gloves as an O&O.

I sincerely Doubt Sunbeam will sell their stations after Ansin. I’m sure that the estate will own them. Sunbeam Will Live On.

• Like 1

WSYX meteorologist Rachael Penton is leaving the station, as she announced tonight. She said she and her husband are "going back home" to central Louisiana. She's been with WSYX since 2017.

She was a standout. Good luck to her.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 8Viewer said:

WSYX meteorologist Rachael Penton is leaving the station, as she announced tonight. She said she and her husband are "going back home" to central Louisiana. She's been with WSYX since 2017.

She was a standout. Good luck to her.

Meh. She didn't have a good presence on air. Fort Wayne material.

Cunningham Broadcasting-owned Portland, ME FOX affiliate WPFO expands "Good Day Maine" to the 8AM hour starting today, extending the morning franchise to 4-1/2 hours a day overall (4:30A-9:00A), the first 2-1/2 hours being on Sinclair-owned CBS affiliate WGME, which produces GDM. Of course Cunningham is a Sinclair shell company to get around duopoly rules.

Edited by newsbot

Chalk up another loss at WPMI.....

Bobby Totsch, the GM is leaving for the same job at WHO-TV in Des Moines....

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/239532/robert-bobby-totsch-named-who-gm/

This comes after the departures of Chief Meteorologist Chris Dunn, and Jake Dunne, who is now at KWCH.  And the prolonged blackout on AT&T since the end of May.....

I hope WHO knows what they are in for....

Edited by tyrannical bastard

2 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

The diginet DECADES is back in DFW, now of KDFW 4.2. DECADES was dropped on KTVT 11.2 in favor for StartTV.

Has it started yet?  Guess I'll need to re-scan now or soon.

Small follow-up regarding the merger between Gatehouse Media & Gannett.

The DOJ has cleared the deal. It still needs the greenlight from the European Commission since Gannett also owns several papers in the UK.

It also needs approval from the shareholders of both companies. But it's pretty much a done deal, as it expects to close by the end of the year.

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Small follow-up regarding the merger between Gatehouse Media & Gannett.

The DOJ has cleared the deal. It still needs the greenlight from the European Commission since Gannett also owns several papers in the UK.

It also needs approval from the shareholders of both companies. But it's pretty much a done deal, as it expects to close by the end of the year.

I was in the next county yesterday. On the convenience store news rack was the local Gannett paper for Licking County, which was just a few pages. on the second shelf was The Columbus Dispatch, a Gatehouse property.

I wondered to myself if it would make sense to have the Newark Advocate as a wraparound or whatever they call it for The Columbus Dispatch. Let The Advocate do its thing, however little it is these days, include The Dispatch along with it just so the paper doesn't look so pathetic and there is something to sell to subscribers.