Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, C Block said:

If KPIX loses any more viewers, they'll start pulling negative ratings.

 

Looks like it’s only affecting the CBS and CW  O&O’s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

Folks, I have a announcement to tell you folks what watch WFAA (8) Weather. Meteorologist Colleen Coyle is leaving the station after nine years.

 https://on.wfaa.com/30L5Glt

Always liked Colleen. WFAA just lost another of their few remaining good ones. She probably saw the way things were headed and jumped ship. 

 

—————-CHANGE OF TOPIC——————

 

Sad news out of Colorado Springs. 36 Year old KKTV reporter Dustin Cuzick has passed away. https://www.kktv.com/content/news/Memorial-services-for-KKTVs-Dustin-Cuzick--512784901.html

Edited by MarkBRollins88_v2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SFTV said:

 

Looks like it’s only affecting the CBS and CW  O&O’s 

Hopefully it's only that and not the other networks they own (CBS Sports, Showtime, Pop, Flix, etc...)

 

I think we're beginning to see these disputes taken up to a whole new level.  AT&T still will not allow HBO on Dish.  Cinemax is being phased out on Xfinity for their in-house Hitz channel.

 

The networks had better start making their content a-la-carte when they start demanding too much money for it.  It's the only way in this vertically integrated disaster we're seeing with these mega-mergers.  No one should have to sacrifice a whole service because another channel is ONLY available on a competing bundle.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Hopefully it's only that and not the other networks they own (CBS Sports, Showtime, Pop, Flix, etc...)

 

I think we're beginning to see these disputes taken up to a whole new level.  AT&T still will not allow HBO on Dish.  Cinemax is being phased out on Xfinity for their in-house Hitz channel.

 

The networks had better start making their content a-la-carte when they start demanding too much money for it.  It's the only way in this vertically integrated disaster we're seeing with these mega-mergers.  No one should have to sacrifice a whole service because another channel is ONLY available on a competing bundle.

I think the cable bundle is starting to burst and what's fueling the fire is the fact that AT&T (the same company that's started the whole carriage fiasco) wants to shift current DirecTV satelitte customers to streaming. So clearly that may be part of the reason why we've seen so many carraige disputes involving AT&T.

 

Looking back, I can clearly see why the Justice Department didn't want to allow the AT&T-Time Warner merger to go through in the first place, it has nothing to do with CNN's politics but rather the kind of stuff that it's playing out now, and it shows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

I think the cable bundle is starting to burst and what's fueling the fire is the fact that AT&T (the same company that's started the whole carriage fiasco) wants to shift current DirecTV satelitte customers to streaming. So clearly that may be part of the reason why we've seen so many carraige disputes involving AT&T.

 

Looking back, I can clearly see why the Justice Department didn't want to allow the AT&T-Time Warner merger to go through in the first place, it has nothing to do with CNN's politics but rather the kind of stuff that it's playing out now, and it shows.

And before them Dish was the outlier for playing hardball with broadcasters and other content suppliers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why vertical integration back in TV's infancy was illegal.  When the providers sell their own and acquired content (and in AT&T's case bundle the hell out of it and give it away like candy) it stifles competition since the "negotiations" are souring between the mega-companies that own all of the content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2019 at 11:40 PM, atlnews2 said:

former WGCL meteorologist Paul Ossmann is suing the station for “racially and ethnically discriminatory termination"

 

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/meteorologist-paul-ossmann-sues-cbs46-for-racially-and-ethnically-discriminatory-termination/r7Hz7bSKoafKhoysC5SZLP/

On that note, I've caught wind that WGCL has been doing significantly better across the board since Ossmann's departure. Their noon newscast was #1 on Tuesday afternoon and mornings are a rival second with WAGA, especially during the 6 AM hour, and only a couple of ticks behind WSB. As meaningless as the July sweeps are, they will certainly be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

3 minutes ago, Breaking News said:

Fred was the longtime host of The Morning Exchange, which ABC used their format to launch Good Morning America.

 

After the show was downsized to an hour and cancelled outright in 1999, Fred spent another 12 years at WKYC, having a 15 minute show during the noon hour, and later his own show, eventually becoming a part of their pay-for-play show Good Company until retiring in 2012.

 

In recent years, Fred has fallen on hard times after some health issues, even necessitating a GoFundMe effort to pay for nursing home care, after the government denied benefits he should have received from a stint he served in the military before going into TV.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
changing post to reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KOFY just ended their 9pm LIVE produced newscast from KGO with a short farewell. They announced that they will continue to air their rebroadcasts of ABC 7 News at 7pm and 11:30pm 

 

Looks like KRON will now dominate the 9pm slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFTV said:

KOFY just ended their 9pm LIVE produced newscast from KGO with a short farewell. They announced that they will continue to air their rebroadcasts of ABC 7 News at 7pm and 11:30pm 

 

Looks like KRON will now dominate the 9pm slot.

 

It was bound to happen when they lost their full-power signal and was sold to Stryker (CNZ). I have a feeling they'll go back to their '70s low-budget roots (the "C" in "CNZ" is for Terry Crosby, the son of former owner Leon Crosby).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, SFTV said:

KOFY just ended their 9pm LIVE produced newscast from KGO with a short farewell. They announced that they will continue to air their rebroadcasts of ABC 7 News at 7pm and 11:30pm 

 

Looks like KRON will now dominate the 9pm slot.

 

How many of you remember when KOFY had it's very own news department?

 

We reach into the great "Vault 'O Newz".....

 

This is probably the only remaining artifact of that short lived news operation...which is housed at the KBEX-TV Museum of News and other Crap.

 

 

 

575475424_KOFY1990.jpg.ce04cacb444814143b66ab414e04e641.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by Eat News
(WJSN) - Boogie Up (Stage Mix).. https://youtu.be/2mdq3Oes9K8 [Making Film] (WJSN) - 'Boogie Up' .. https://youtu.be/4tLjzQSEaa0
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Nguyen out at weekend mornings at KGO. Bio is still up.

 

Kumasi Aaron in according to Lisa Argen’s Facebook page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SFTV said:

Chris Nguyen out at weekend mornings at KGO. Bio is still up.

 

Kumasi Aaron in according to Lisa Argen’s Facebook page.

 

Did anyone say he's gone, or just demoted? Also, posting a link is always cool.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 24994J said:

 

Did anyone say he's gone, or just demoted? Also, posting a link is always cool.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 10:10 PM, ATLNewsHawk said:

On that note, I've caught wind that WGCL has been doing significantly better across the board since Ossmann's departure. Their noon newscast was #1 on Tuesday afternoon and mornings are a rival second with WAGA, especially during the 6 AM hour, and only a couple of ticks behind WSB. As meaningless as the July sweeps are, they will certainly be interesting.

And Jennifer Valdez (who succeeded Ossmann) has proved herself to be a break from Burns, Chandley , and Holcomb. My hunch is come November sweeps, WGCL will be battling with WAGA for #2, thanks to a strong CBS primetime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheRob said:

Scott reports that former Headline News anchor Bob Losure has died. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

 

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/7/23/headline-news-anchor-has-died

Found on a Tulsa funeral home page...RIP.

 

https://www.floralhaven.com/obits/robert-curtis-losure/

 

From his days over at KOTV: https://www.newson6.com/clip/6849273/from-the-kotv-vault-remembering-bob-losure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 12:48 PM, johnnya2k6 said:

And Jennifer Valdez (who succeeded Ossmann) has proved herself to be a break from Burns, Chandley , and Holcomb. My hunch is come November sweeps, WGCL will be battling with WAGA for #2, thanks to a strong CBS primetime.

No way, CBS's prime time does not do as well in Atlanta as it used to. If there is any movement in the fall, it would be WAGA taking a more commanding lead in late news with FOX taking over Thursday Night Football. Best 46 could do is solidify a solid third place (as long as they don't fire anyone in the meantime).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATLNewsHawk said:

No way, CBS's prime time does not do as well in Atlanta as it used to. If there is any movement in the fall, it would be WAGA taking a more commanding lead in late news with FOX taking over Thursday Night Football. Best 46 could do is solidify a solid third place (as long as they don't fire anyone in the meantime).

Simply because ABC primetime on WSB is getting stale, as next season’s will be Modern Family’s last and Grey’s Anatomy is way past it’s used-by date. But as the host station, Super Bowl LIII definitely helped WGCL, so they could settle for #3 among households with WAGA dominating the 18-49s over WSB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.