Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 7:18 AM, rkolsen said:

Okay is this normal for so many people to retire at once? WJZ named 10 people by the anchors and ran a full credits roll with Ocean City, MD scenes.  CBS This Morning had 18 people leaving/retiring and at the Evening News had 30.  I’d assume the two network shows were results of the shows are relaunching and the stations were the buy outs that were occurring. I guess the buyouts had people end on a certain date.  

Nearly all of those folks mentioned by KDKA took buyouts.

Edited by H4UL4U

Posted (edited)

WPLG weekend morning anchor Todd Tongen has died at age 56.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Sad 7

Posted (edited)

KQCA Unveiled a new logo Couple days ago. 

Edited by Darius22

1 hour ago, Darius22 said:

Nice way of distancing them selves from MyZombieTV while still maintainging the MyXX name. I'd expected them to bring back the old Q58 name they had during their UPN and early WB days.

1 hour ago, Darius22 said:

Oh my god what did KCRA 3 do to their sister station’s logo?

3 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

This is so shocked to hear that sad news I watched Todd every weekend mornings on Channel 10 and most recently his 10 Taxi got him famous. So sad for everyone at my ABC station in Miami, saying all our prayers🙏

9 minutes ago, JacobC said:

This is so shocked to hear that sad news I watched Todd every weekend mornings on Channel 10 and most recently his 10 Taxi got him famous. So sad for everyone at my ABC station in Miami, saying all our prayers🙏

There are no words. RIP. 

4 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

So saddened by his sudden passing. I was just watching him anchor the news this weekend.

6 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

On the same day of discovery of Todd's death WPLG got new graphics. At least he's riding the "10 Taxi" up above. 

KUSI evening anchor Anna Laurel returned back from maternity leave about a week ago along with the debut today of KUSI NEWS at 4PM with Laurel and Sandra Maas bringing it to 3 straight hours with the duo anchoring 4-7PM. (Apologies if I put this in the wrong thread) 🤷🏻

6 hours ago, EssDee_media said:

KUSI evening anchor Anna Laurel returned back from maternity leave about a week ago along with the debut today of KUSI NEWS at 4PM with Laurel and Sandra Maas bringing it to 3 straight hours with the duo anchoring 4-7PM. (Apologies if I put this in the wrong thread) 🤷🏻

Wow a 4pm newscast? They might as well bring back the Noon or 7pm news unless they don’t want to mess with KGTV since they are the only 7pm newscast.

On 5/27/2019 at 7:21 PM, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

I do. And i don't. 

Why not?  She is very entertaining, young, and relatable to most Millenials in the market.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jero23 said:

Why not?  She is very entertaining, young, and relatable to most Millenials in the market.

As a millennial in the market, I don’t find her, or any of the selfie stars Tegna is running through there, relatable. I prefer news to be about the story, not about the person telling it. 

Edited by MarkBRollins88_v2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

Paywall alert: apparently there is strife at WTVT, according to FTVLive.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/6/5/exclusive-documents-show-problems-at-a-fox-oampo

It doesn't say if its WTVT or not. It could be another station. How do you know its WTVT? Besides, WTVT is probably FOX's strongest O&O they got.

1 minute ago, TheRolyPoly said:

It doesn't say if its WTVT or not. It could be another station. How do you know its WTVT? Besides, WTVT is probably FOX's strongest O&O they got.

It is WTVT,

2 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

It is WTVT,

WOW. 😮

Well, what does it say? I don't have the paywall access so I wouldn't know.

Changing the subject and in a sad way...

Say hello to Paul James for me, Bob Welti. Dick Nourse is all we got left.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46567000/longtime-ksl-weatherman-bob-welti-dead-at-94

According to some confidential documents obtained by FTVLive, there are some big problems at the Fox O&O in Tampa. 

It also appears that everyone seems to be passing the buck as to who is responsible. 

Jonathan Pagliari Production Manager at WTVT and it appears that corporate HR at Fox is trying to put the blame on him for the “toxic and hostile” work environment during the morning newscast. 

FTVLive obtained an internal document that apparently was sent to Pagliari from Regional Director of HR Iris Sierra:

1.png?token-time=1560902400&token-hash=aKstCbUZbK2iQsxMStVp9PD09sfX1rhB6OvjYqj7peI%3D

1.png?token-time=1560902400&token-hash=13e5JiSCqGHCEaYF78B9K7Hm5TKPx63U2L4QZGa2lFM%3D

In another document, obtained by FTVLive,  Production Manager Pagliari responded to the memo from HR and says that some of the incidents happened while he was out on family medical leave. He also pointed out that  the “sexual tone” nature on the morning show is “directly connected to and between news department’s Anchors and talent. 

He also brought up the “alleged affair” between the Executive Producer and an Anchor on the morning show. FTVLive reported on that story last August when the two parted ways with the station.   

Here is the memo that Pagliari sent back to HR in response: 

1.png?token-time=1560902400&token-hash=ewpz5kOvjC1uTK4jfrvT879qCDHR_tVS-AMlO5E1030%3D

1.png?token-time=1560902400&token-hash=eOUxyvhvWs5eU4hWQoZ5EGTFX_w9U4HHEipmw57hjpM%3D

Obviously, there are some ongoing problems in and around the studio during the morning newscasts at WTVT. From looking at the documents, it appears that Fox wants to peg this “toxic” environment on the Production Manager. But, according to the PM, he was not even at the station and was on leave during some of the alleged incidents.  

Is the station looking for a scapegoat? Certainly you can not blame a Production Manager for all the ongoing problems at the station's morning show. But, that appears to be what Fox is doing.  

Is Fox trying to "protect" some news staffers? 

Also, it is never a good thing when all the employees are called in to HR and asked questions. 

FTVLive is digging for more documents and talking to sources. 

You can expect a follow up on this story.

Either Fox is gonna go scorched Earth on the station or do nothing. No way in hell they're gonna sell a station in an NFC market, not even a dysfunctional one.

The New York Post (I know, I know) reported today that Tongen thought he had Lewy body dementia. Only his doctor would know for sure.

17 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

This, I believe, would be the second health-related suicide of a news anchor or personality in the past year (coming a few months after Jessica Starr of WJBK in Detroit took her own life re: complications from laser eye surgery some time before)....

I know this was already brought up in the WUSA thread, but Tegna has re-upped with CBS for all of their stations....including WWL.

Considering the damage has already been done, this could cement WVUE's dominance in the market, especially in the AM.

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I know this was already brought up in the WUSA thread, but Tegna has re-upped with CBS for all of their stations....including WWL.

Considering the damage has already been done, this could cement WVUE's dominance in the market, especially in the AM.

I think so, too....

WUSA shifts meteorologists effective today.

Howard Bernstein will return to the weekday morning shows, shifting Miri Marshall to weekend mornings and Melissa Nord to weekend evenings.  Nord and Marshall will split duties during the noon show during the week.  Topper Shutt will retain his longtime chief meteorologist position.