Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

On 4/5/2019 at 8:31 PM, JacobC said:

Guys I hate to tell you this, but I received a notification from WNYT NewsChannel 13 on Facebook saying that their 10pm news on WNYA My4 Albany will be moving to 9pm. With this result, it will be the ONLY news at 9pm in the Capital Region. It starts 4/9 which is Tuesday!!! Looks like the 10pm newscasts will belong to WCWN (produced by WRGB) and WXXA (produced by WTEN).; aka two newscasts duopolies in primetime. 

I saw this too and I have to assume it’s because ratings must’ve been so bad for their 10pm on My4 that they decided to put a newscast on when there’s no other competition? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MikeBucc said:

I saw this too and I have to assume it’s because ratings must’ve been so bad for their 10pm on My4 that they decided to put a newscast on when there’s no other competition? 

Probably a bit of that, and a bit of maneuvering for more political ad bucks. We are getting close to another election cycle. 🙄

I mentioned this in the TEGNA thread, so I'll post this right here: A new show is coming to WGRZ this Wednesday, April 10th at 4pm. It's called Most Buffalo hosted by Kate Welshofer and weathercaster Maria Genero. The Ellen DeGeneres Show will move to 3pm and Dr. Phil will move to 2pm replacing Dateline.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/02/ellen-being-moved-on-wgrz-in-favor-of-4-p-m-local-production/

48 minutes ago, Weeters said:

Probably a bit of that, and a bit of maneuvering for more political ad bucks. We are getting close to another election cycle. 🙄

It seems to me that none of the newscasts added for the last election cycle were dropped as I was expecting a few to do.  

10 hours ago, USNewsie said:

Some changes coming to WTVJ starting tomorrow. Johnny Archer moves to mornings from weekend evenings. No word yet on who he will replace. Angie Lassman goes back to 11 am and 4 pm.

He’s not replacing nobody. He’s an anchor from the alert desk so breaking news, information just coming in type of stories. Roxanne and Sheli are still the Main morning anchors.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Weeters said:

This is Albany. The bigger political bump comes while the State Senate and Assembly are in session and ads targeted towards pushing policy hit the air in the event it reaches both voters and the elected. While a lot of the New York counties in the DMA swung from Obama to Trump, it is still a solid Democratic state thanks to Downstate. If John Faso takes on Antonio Delgado for his old seat or if the Democrats find a viable person to take Elise Stefanik on, this may be a different story though Stefanik's money probably would go more to WPTZ than the Albany stations. Only one of the six Senate seats in the DMA (Markey, MA) is up and Albany stations never run MA/VT political ads.

I think this is one half "we're getting killed at 10:00" and the other half setting up things for the future. If WNYT soon releases some report of an anchor swap between 5:30 and 11:00, then the other half would be "Jim Kambrich wants to get home two hours earlier".

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

Well that was sudden and unexpected.  Given WGCL's history it's hard to say whether this is just the typical WGCL revolving door or if he did something bad.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, atlnews2 said:

Well that was sudden and unexpected.  Given WGCL's history it's hard to say whether this is just the typical WGCL revolving door or if he did something bad.

Theory: Ossmann found out about the secret notes shared between Reed and Roberts and informed management.

Edited by Georgie56

WPLG's Laurie Jennings is stepping off the anchor desk to spend more time with her family.

I always love Laurie Jennings on WPLG Local 10 and of course WSVN 7. It was fun watching her over the years

16 hours ago, atlnews2 said:

Paul has literally worked for every news station in Atlanta. It must just be him. 

15 hours ago, JacobC said:

I always love Laurie Jennings on WPLG Local 10 and of course WSVN 7. It was fun watching her over the years

The Kathy Brock of South Florida.

On 3/21/2018 at 7:48 AM, CircleSeven said:

A small M&A. Ramar wants to take advantage on the updated duopoly rules in Lubbock.

They're buying Wolfforth, TX's CW station KLCW, from Woods (owner of Fox station KJTV-TV) for $100K.

I know this is somewhat a long time ago but I have been impressed with what they have done with FOX34 in Lubbock considering it is locally owned.

There stream right now has TECH Talk which is part of FOX34 NEWS NOW

6 hours ago, bhratbrat said:

I know this is somewhat a long time ago but I have been impressed with what they have done with FOX34 in Lubbock considering it is locally owned.

There stream right now has TECH Talk which is part of FOX34 NEWS NOW

So wait, KJTV is not owned by Ramar? I thought they were. Ramar has owned KJTV since day one.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, TheWatcherAtl said:

Paul has literally worked for every news station in Atlanta. It must just be him. 

Could Karen Minton come out or early retirement and join WGCL, or are we ready for new chief meteorologist Ella Dorsey?

Edited by johnnya2k6

1 hour ago, johnnya2k6 said:

Could Karen Minton come out or early retirement and join WGCL, or are we ready for new chief meteorologist Ella Dorsey?

I'm not much of a fan of Ella Dorsey but it's all but said she'll get that position.

Not as the chief meteorologist but personally me, I would love to see WGCL give a few meteorologist spots to Bobeth Yates she's multi-talented. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

So wait, KJTV is not owned by Ramar? I thought they were. Ramar has owned KJTV since day one.

They are. Also worth noting is that the thread was a bump. Woods Communications — which also owns WCOV Montgomery, AL — filed with the FCC last year (March 20, 2018) to sell KLCW outright to Ramar for the $100,000 purchase price; the FCC approved on April 22. Ramar was already running KLCW under agreement.

21 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Ramar still owns them, but (and maybe because I am way out of loop at times) but I like what they have done with the station