Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...
Message added by Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I worked with a news anchor who battled an alcohol addiction. It's not just about someone having too much fun and getting carried away, there sometimes are much deeper issues we don't know about. My c

"...To Another Channel!"

Posted Images

19 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

So it looks like Grit is here to stay, even though it's now devolved in to a wast of space.

Hopefully CourtTV will either replace Grit on WJTC or WFNA (or LaffTV on WKRG) in the Mobile/Pensacola area.   Why Nexstar added these affiliates when WJTC already had Grit and WALA already had Laff is beyond me....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DENDude said:

TexasTVNews, what is KWGN going to drop to carry Court TV?

  • THIS TV
  • Comet
  • Charge!  

 or will they launch channel 2.5.  My guess would be they would drop charge!. 

 

To tell you the truth, I don't have the answer for that. However, I can be wrong, but I can predict that KWGN will launch channel 2.5 for Court TV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

 

To tell you the truth, I don't have the answer for that. However, I can be wrong, but I can predict that KWGN will launch channel 2.5 for Court TV.


I think it'll definitely be one of the Sinclair networks that get's dropped. You can easily stream those via STIRR so why the need for the channel space?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rkolsen said:

WBOC is installing a solar farm with 2,088 panels in the back lot of their property. It is designed to power their entire facility with 908 kw. Construction should start later this month and end in June. 

 

http://www.wboc.com/story/40173344/wboc-breaks-ground-on-solar-farm

 

Interesting.  I wonder how many other stations (radio, TV, etc) would consider a solar array.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rkolsen said:

WBOC is installing a solar farm with 2,088 panels in the back lot of their property. It is designed to power their entire facility with 908 kw. Construction should start later this month and end in June. 

 

http://www.wboc.com/story/40173344/wboc-breaks-ground-on-solar-farm

 

WBOC is such an interesting station. THE most interesting station out there IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, east-tx-tv said:

 

Interesting.  I wonder how many other stations (radio, TV, etc) would consider a solar array.

If they have the space, the driver here seemed to be the last chance to get a 30% federal tax credit - 2019 is the last year you can get the credit.  Stations may set up their own farms if they can get tax breaks locally and perhaps have the ability to sell it back to the grid.

 

The KNTV / KSTS building has been powered by renewable sources since they moved to their current facility.  They don’t have a plant but you buy your energy from renewable suppliers that are hooked to the regular grid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ScottSchell said:

Mandy Bailey formerly from KSWO that was fired for that brain binder has landed a job at KTEN as the Chief Meteorologist after David Siple left. She will be on air next week at 4,5,6,9,and 10

Is Lockwood nothing more then an Island of Misfit Toys for things Gray does not want?

Edited by JCB4TV
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ScottSchell said:

Mandy Bailey formerly from KSWO that was fired for that brain binder has landed a job at KTEN as the Chief Meteorologist after David Siple left. She will be on air next week at 4,5,6,9,and 10

Mandy NEEDS TO BE NICE and post appropriate pics

Edited by JacobC
Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen we must watch out for what people are posting on social media. I am 21 and now I have to be careful and that picture was totally unacceptable she drew what was Mandy did. Always remember to be cautious for what people said and how they react

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JacobC said:

Listen we must watch out for what people are posting on social media. I am 21 and now I have to be careful and that picture was totally unacceptable she drew what was Mandy did. Always remember to be cautious for what people said and how they react

I'm now more dumber for having read this. You clearly don't know the woman JacobC, so put your pitch fork and torch away, sit down and shut up. Show some respect and be glad she found another job. Also, you show clear inability to splice together a coherent thought. Work on it.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JacobC said:

Listen we must watch out for what people are posting on social media. I am 21 and now I have to be careful and that picture was totally unacceptable she drew what was Mandy did. Always remember to be cautious for what people said and how they react

 

I say this with as much respect as I can possibly give you: I think this is a really dumb comment.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Scripps announces Pickler and Ben are dunzo. They'll continue on in best-of until the Fall season starts

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/2019/03/28/kellie-pickler-nashville-based-show-pickler-ben-dropped-scripps/3298414002/?fbclid=IwAR2sko6COrLhKQtdyCau-00Pdnu3MViqxIz95ESYVt9LCbOvDXngq471GUI

Edited by TriangleTriadMediaNews
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KentBrockman said:

I'm now more dumber for having read this. You clearly don't know the woman JacobC, so put your pitch fork and torch away, sit down and shut up. Show some respect and be glad she found another job. Also, you show clear inability to splice together a coherent thought. Work on it.

 

Amen, brother!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.