Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...
Message added by Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I worked with a news anchor who battled an alcohol addiction. It's not just about someone having too much fun and getting carried away, there sometimes are much deeper issues we don't know about. My c

"...To Another Channel!"

Posted Images

On 3/1/2019 at 4:56 PM, Breaking News said:

Yes, there was an article in some publication where BNS management wanted Yolanda, but she was under contract with WSYX at the time.   Kristyn was a horrible choice as Andrea's replacement. In some cases it always hard to find the right candidate when replacing someone who been there a long time.  BNS whole contemporary branding/image is not them.  It's the station with the old guard, but what they're not good at is the young demo where WSYX does well in.  I read Mitch wasn't well liked in Phoenix, but did a good job at WTOL, but I guess that because of WTOL's #1 status during his time there.

 

Wasn't Yolanda supposed to have been paired with Jeff Hogan once Jerry Ravish retired if that was to happen?  I think Jeff got impatient and bolted for WRAL.

 

Speaking of WSYX, weren't they #2 when WCMH had Duane Pohlman co-anchoring the 5pm news?  Just curious, because he was there when Cabot Rea retired from the station around the same time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

 

Wasn't Yolanda supposed to have been paired with Jeff Hogan once Jerry Ravish retired if that was to happen?  I think Jeff got impatient and bolted for WRAL.

 

Both stations fight between each other for #2 and #3. Duane Pohlman is at WKRC now. 

 

IMO, WSYX is unwatchable, and it has nothing to do with Sinclair's must runs, etc. They just do a lot of low-brow/lowest common denominator type stuff that is straight out of 1994. ("What's in your fridge that could kill you and your family...on Fox 28 News at 10...")

Edited by H4UL4U
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anchor changes are happening at LA's FOX 11 (KTTV). Elex Michaelson is being moved off The FOX 11 Morning News (4:30-6am) and bumped up to the evenings pairing with Christine Devine

on FOX 11 News at 5 & 10PM. Dan Cohen has been pushed to the mornings anchoring with Rita Garcia.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H4UL4U said:

Both stations fight between each other for #2 and #3. Duane Pohlman is at WKRC now. 

 

IMO, WSYX is unwatchable, and it has nothing to do with Sinclair's must runs, etc. They just do a lot of low-brow/lowest common denominator type stuff that is straight out of 1994. ("What's in your fridge that could kill you and your family...on Fox 28 News at 10...")

Their must runs only add insult to injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mardek1995 said:

Their must runs only add insult to injury.

That’s every stations C block... 2 or 3 stupid stories after a break from weather and before a break for sports...

 

If somebody wants to be different they’ll run their last 15 minutes a night as an expanded two segment sportscast... but hey... what do I know... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here'e your yearly Mardi Gras costumes from the WWL-TV crew.

 

Caresse Jackman as "Storm".

https://twitter.com/CaresseJ/status/1103031050161262593?s=20

 

Paul Dudley and Kristen Pierce (Men In Black)

https://twitter.com/DCMonteverde/status/1102986132411858946?s=20

 

Duke Carter channeling his inner Beyonce?

https://twitter.com/dcarterII/status/1103016158503014402?s=20

 

Sheba Turk (Queen of Hearts), Eric Paulsen (Alice), Dave Nussbaum, April Dupree (Rabbit), Doug Mouton and Than Troung (chickens).

https://twitter.com/AprilDupre_/status/1103006858447650816?s=20

 

Chef Kevin Belton (The Mad Hatter)

https://twitter.com/ChefKevinBelton/status/1103001743011528704?s=20

 

Jade Cunningham, now-retired Carl Arredondo and Richard Lecompte (Black Panther)

https://twitter.com/carl_arredondo/status/1102983823346810880?s=20

 

 

Edited by PelicanGuy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PelicanGuy said:

Here'e your yearly Mardi Gras costumes from the WWL-TV crew.

 

You forgot a couple:

 

Meteorologist Chris Franklin as "Where's Waldo" & AM Anchor Leslie Spoon as "Carmen Sandiego".

 

And Reporter Meghan Kee as "Little Red Riding Hood".

 

The Times-Picayune have the rest, including the ones from WVUE.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mardi Gras is like New Orleans' yearly early Halloween party. If you like Halloween, you get a second chance at Mardi Gras since you get to dress up.

 

(Didn't mean to go off-topic)

Edited by TheRolyPoly
Link to post
Share on other sites

Over in Mobile (where Mardi Gras actually started), they do their fair share of parade coverage as well.  WKRG has always blown out their schedule from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with live coverage, while WALA and WPMI do 4 hours of coverage from 10 to 2.   WEAR doesn't do anything on Fat Tuesday but they do air a parade the Saturday before from Pensacola.

 

WJTC takes things a step further and actually airs many of the parades in the days leading up to Mardi Gras.... I don't think even any stations in New Orleans do that.

 

As for costumes, WPMI plays it up the most, but instead of characters it's the traditional Mardi Gras garb with lots of green, purple and gold.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Over in Mobile (where Mardi Gras actually started), they do their fair share of parade coverage as well.  WKRG has always blown out their schedule from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with live coverage, while WALA and WPMI do 4 hours of coverage from 10 to 2.   WEAR doesn't do anything on Fat Tuesday but they do air a parade the Saturday before from Pensacola.

 

WJTC takes things a step further and actually airs many of the parades in the days leading up to Mardi Gras.... I don't think even any stations in New Orleans do that.

 

As for costumes, WPMI plays it up the most, but instead of characters it's the traditional Mardi Gras garb with lots of green, purple and gold.

 

Wow really? They still air coverage? That's interesting and fascinating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

And we have another expansion from Fox.

 

WAGA is expanding Good Day Atlanta to the 10am hour, beginning April 15.

 

Are there any big-market (O/O, or otherwise) Fox stations left that aren't 6 hours for their morning show, or knocking on it?

Edited by east-tx-tv
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, east-tx-tv said:

 

Are there any big-market (O/O, or otherwise) Fox stations left that aren't 6 hours for their morning show, or knocking on it?

 

WSVN is still 5 hours. 5-10am.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

I don't know if anybody know this, but ABC might considering bring two legendary soaps back from the dead.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/all-my-children-one-life-to-live-return-abc-news/

I’ve been reading on ABC’s Facebook page that a lot of people want The Chew back. I’m not sure why.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.