Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

7 hours ago, Ramona said:

The "KRON ON" brand is dumb...

They're missing a great chance to tap into California's legal growing pot culture...
...eh, growing pot, that's too much of a pun. Let's call it budding weed culture, yeah...
...anyway, now's their opportunity to rebrand themselves something like KRON-IK instead.  They could even retire that tired, out-dated Golden Gate Bridge-inspired "4" in favor of four joints in the shape of a "4."

"Tired of the fluff on the other stations?  KRON 4 News is BLUNT!"  I'm giving you a license to print money here, Nexstar.  You can thank me later.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Brother said:

They're missing a great chance to tap into California's legal growing pot culture...
...eh, growing pot, that's too much of a pun. Let's call it budding weed culture, yeah...
...anyway, now's their opportunity to rebrand themselves something like KRON-IK instead.  They could even retire that tired, out-dated Golden Gate Bridge-inspired "4" in favor of four joints in the shape of a "4."

"Tired of the fluff on the other stations?  KRON 4 News is BLUNT!"  I'm giving you a license to print money here, Nexstar.  You can thank me later.

Can we steal Scott Budman from NBC-BA and have him host? I bet that would create quite a buzz .

Nextstar my want to dabble in this...but expect the whole idea to go up in smoke..

That's my 2 cents...or is it a dime bag?... do they still call'em "lids"???    

Or is "lids" considered some kind of slur now?.

image.png.0760e6eb34cd2f9ac4b1a73e85b6963f.png

Scott Budman wonders "why"?

Edited by Eat News
Unable to use the words bong and roach as puns
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheRolyPoly said:

From a group that no longer cares about news to a group that's has a very heavy-Republican view, welcome to D.C. Cheryl.

And yet, she came from a TEGNA station that was competing against a Sinclair-owned station in Seattle before getting hired by the Smith Empire to compete against her now-former employer in DC. This should be fun.

3 hours ago, TennTV1983 said:

And yet, she came from a TEGNA station that was competing against a Sinclair-owned station in Seattle before getting hired by the Smith Empire to compete against her now-former employer in DC. This should be fun.

I'm guessing KING was generally beating KOMO in the ratings...

On 1/23/2019 at 10:15 PM, JacobC said:

I don’t think it’s a good logo for me I feel like we’re back in the 80s

WXIA's 1980s logo was much better than what they just unveiled here.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, Ramona said:

The "KRON ON" brand is dumb...

Agreed.  “KRON 24/7” or something a lot less corny would suffice.

WJZ weekend news got a new co anchor - Max McGee to go with Ava-joye Burnett.

On 10/25/2011 at 12:39 AM, PelicanGuy said:

WVUE's noon anchor/reporter Liz Reyes will now co-anchor the New Orleans Fox affiliate's 6-9 am weekday show with morning anchor Rob Masson in addition to doing the noon show. Reyes replaces Jennifer Hale, who is now doing sports for the station.

Didn't they move John Snell & Nancy Parker to the morning news? Are they being ditched since the sale to Gray?

I thought about where I should be posting this, but with James Ingram's recent passing, I finally put 2 and 2 together in his involvement with the "Give Me 5" promo

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/legendary-r-b-singer-james-ingram-sang-in-promotional-video-for-news-5-in-1995

WEWS claims Carly Simon did vocals...but it is definitely NOT her.  I believe it's Andrea McArdle, the then-wife of Edd Kalehoff who was the original Annie in the Broadway musical, and sang lead vocals on Edd's "4 New York" campaign released several years earlier.

This was a great promo that had a limited shelf life due to the Browns' being yanked out of the city that year.  Not to mention, it was probably expensive. 

(WJLA had a campaign with Jeffrey Osborne back in the 80s that wasn't renewed due to $$$)

• Like 1

KDKA has sacked one of their producers for airing an L3 that read 

Tom Brady

Known Cheater

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/01/30/super-bowl-2019-tom-brady-graphic-pittsburgh-tv-station/2720352002/

Here’s Deadspin’s interview with the producer:

https://deadspin.com/an-interview-with-the-local-tv-producer-fired-for-a-gra-1832202041

Edited by Georgie56

4 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Tom Brady

Known Cheater

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/01/30/super-bowl-2019-tom-brady-graphic-pittsburgh-tv-station/2720352002/

https://deadspin.com/an-interview-with-the-local-tv-producer-fired-for-a-gra-1832202041

Obviously, KDKA does NOT like the Patriots

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Tom Brady

Known Cheater

I just saw this story on TVSpy, it's pretty hilarious and irresponsible... and the first thing I thought was "I hope there a full clip of this available for NewsBeFunny's January compilation". Some people say that humans' attention spans are short, but the fact that people are still mad at Tom Brady for "Deflategate" three years after the AFC Championship game in which the incident happened - and this employee was willing to do express his opinion in a way that got him/her fired - more or less proves otherwise. When you do something even potentially shady, people have an elephant's memory of that.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

5 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Obviously, KDKA does NOT like the Patriots

Should the Patriots win on Sunday, KDKA should just put up a "Technical Difficulties" slide during the trophy presentation to spare Western Pennsylvania from seeing the Patriots collect their 6th trophy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Tom Brady

Known Cheater

He put his employer in a poor light and deserved to be fired.

I've probably done worse things on the air, but all of it happened before Twitter existed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRob said:

I've probably done worse things on the air, but all of it happened before Twitter existed.

Oh you said it!

This stuff always happened...just now it's so much easier to get caught and busted because there is instant proof of said "mis-deeds".

You just can't have ANY fun anymore.

Edited by Eat News
Lucky-7 Pirate Tv-7 https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1356&dat=19780420&id=5ZxPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vgUEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6995,6276207
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

(WJLA had a campaign with Jeffrey Osborne back in the 80s that wasn't renewed due to $$$)

I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Osborne also did the "Show Me 5" promo song for KSDK in the mid-80s.

6 hours ago, Eat News said:

Oh you said it!

This stuff always happened...just now it's so much easier to get caught and busted because there is instant proof of said "mis-deeds".

You just can't have ANY fun anymore.

That's the thing. Social Media is Social Justice Warrior for everything. Had that gaffe happened as deflate-gate just developed, at best he would've been suspended, not fired. Put the employer at a poor light? What standards? How extreme. The employer had to cover their asses when it flamed on social media, get real. The peeps in freakin' Steeler Country are laughing their asses off, not embarrassed. Let's face it, It ISN'T that far off from the truth. I was gonna say it reminded me of KTVU "Ho lee fuk" gaffe, but...i digress. *jets fan here*-editor's note

Edited by justin2kx
  • Like 2

I suspect that if KDKA wasn't a CBS O&O the producer might have gotten off with a suspension.

KVII director Malcolm Montgomery passed away suddenly early Tuesday morning at the age of 27, while he was making preparations for that morning's edition of ABC 7 News Daybreak. Steve Kersh, the station's chief meteorologist, disclosed on his Facebook FastCast feature on KVII's Facebook page that the station canceled that day's edition of its morning and 11:00 a.m. newscasts as a result of Montgomery’s death. We at TVNT send condolences to Malcolm's family and the KVII staff.

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, T.L. Hughes said:

KVII director Malcolm Montgomery passed away suddenly early Tuesday morning at the age of 27, while he making preparations for that morning's edition of ABC 7 News Daybreak. Steve Kersh, the station's chief meteorologist, disclosed on his Facebook FastCast feature on KVII's Facebook page that the station canceled that day's edition of its morning and 11:00 a.m. newscasts as a result of Montgomery’s death. We at TVNT send condolences to Malcolm's family and the KVII staff.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone at KVII and the Montgomery family. I would also like to make very clear that now is not the time to make any comments about Sinclair regarding this situation. This could have happened anywhere.

• Sad 2

57 minutes ago, NewsMaster said:

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone at KVII and the Montgomery family. I would also like to make very clear that now is not the time to make any comments about Sinclair regarding this situation. This could have happened anywhere.

It was also the right thing to cancel the newscast. They were probably in no mood to do them at that time, and in the morning they may have not even had information and they likely had the shock still fresh on them.