Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

Message added by Weeters

2 hours ago, cna247 said:

need I remind you you were never voted spokesman or press secretary on behalf of TVNT. We are all capable of speaking on our own to congratulate her. Just worry about yourself.

It was a nice gesture full of good intention.

You get offended too easy...

Go sniff some pretty flowers and turn-off the cable tv politics....try a nice hot bath...or a drive thru the country on this nice fall day.

Or try some K-Pop for about 20mins a day...it's fun, and free of politics...and you don't even have to understand Korean to enjoy it.

Or you might want to connect with " a higher power".

Chillax!

Edited by Eat News
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, Eat News said:

It was a nice gesture full of good intention.

You get offended too easy...

Go sniff some pretty flowers and turn-off the cable tv politics....try a nice hot bath...or a drive thru the country on this nice fall day.

Or try some K-Pop for about 20mins a day...it's fun, and free of politics...and you don't even have to understand Korean to enjoy it.

Or you might want to connect with " a higher power".

Chillax!

Eaty, I’m not offended, just pointing out that we can speak for ourselves. And when did you unblock me, or did that happen by accident with the transfer?

cna247 said...

Eaty, I’m not offended, just pointing out that we can speak for ourselves.

===================

You are right...

He should have included a disclaimer that said you are easily offended, and  because of YOUR grumpiness you had "opted-out" of the nice thoughts department.

Try the higher power first.

Edited by Eat News
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cna247 said:

I’m happy for her, but need I remind you you were never voted spokesman or press secretary on behalf of TVNT. We are all capable of speaking on our own to congratulate her. Just worry about yourself.

Just. Stop.

We don't need this type of junk on TVNT.

We don't need you to say that we're capable for speaking on our own, he was just doing a nice gesture on behalf of all of us that we're grateful for because he does a lot of work for this forum in an unofficial fashion.

Stop your shick or leave. You don't have to do either but you're becoming really annoying now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, cna247 said:

I’m happy for her, but need I remind you you were never voted spokesman or press secretary on behalf of TVNT. We are all capable of speaking on our own to congratulate her. Just worry about yourself.

Seriously, don’t be a jerk. The guy was simply offering a nice gesture. 40 years at the same television station is nothing to scoff at. 

Just relax, say your congratulations, and move on. Or if you don’t like someone’s postings; you’re always free to scroll on or hit “ignore.” It doesn’t always require a response.

Like him or not, he does a lot of great work for the site in an unofficial capacity. As does Roly with his changingnewscasts blog that you’ve criticized many times. Point is, if you don’t like someone’s posts, just don’t read them.

Aren’t you the same guy who shielded Mardek from (well-deserved) criticism, telling everyone just not to read his posts if we didn’t like them? 🤔🤔

Edited by ColDayNews
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, qunewsguy said:

Thanks for the reminder to re-up my "ignore" list.

I had cna ignored on the old TVNT site before the latest upgrade, now it looks like I'm going to have to hit it again. Besides that cna is just a troll and nothing else

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JacobC said:

This was something that my Miami station WPLG just did so quickly. Remember when Firstcast added another hour of news at 3pm, well their earliest newscast was no. 1 (by fast)

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/more-news/226251/wplg-scores-new-afternoon-newscasts/

This is how successful it was... it was a half-hour at 3:00 p.m. in August. By November, just 3 months after launch, its now a full hour by adding an extra half-hour at 3:30 p.m.

In other words, 3:00-6:30 p.m., just like WBBH.

TEGNA has reached an carriage agreement with DISH. All TEGNA stations are now back in the DISH lineups. 

2 hours ago, AaronQ said:

TEGNA has reached an carriage agreement with DISH. All TEGNA stations are now back in the DISH lineups. 

It was all those emails from folks saying "I don't care anymore about your problems"...

Plus...

I have an antenna....so "eff-em".

• Like 3

17 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

This is how successful it was... it was a half-hour at 3:00 p.m. in August. By November, just 3 months after launch, its now a full hour by adding an extra half-hour at 3:30 p.m.

In other words, 3:00-6:30 p.m., just like WBBH.

Well, based on its success, it looks like the days of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! on Local 10 appear to be numbered, as it wouldn’t surprise me if they were to introduce news at 7 and 7:30 on that station. If both shows Do have to move, I sure hope that they end up on a station Other than WSVN. I’m a big fan of both shows.

1 hour ago, nbc4ne said:

Well, based on its success, it looks like the days of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! on Local 10 appear to be numbered, as it wouldn’t surprise me if they were to introduce news at 7 and 7:30 on that station. If both shows Do have to move, I sure hope that they end up on a station Other than WSVN. I’m a big fan of both shows.

I've seen no indication that WPLG is about to dump the Sony game shows.

If it happens, WFOR would be likely to pick them up. WSVN is not cancelling Deco Drive for Wheel or J!.

Edited by Georgie56

2 minutes ago, ColDayNews said:

I’m not a big game show guy but why don’t the CBS O&Os have Wheel or J?

WBZ airs Wheel and Jeopardy! since 2009.

2 minutes ago, ColDayNews said:

I’m not a big game show guy but why don’t the CBS O&Os have Wheel or J?

ABC just offered a ransom to keep it on their O&O's to the 40th year and keep it from moving to Fox O&O's. All about money, in every market. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, onthesea said:

WBZ airs Wheel and Jeopardy! since 2009.

KTVT airs Wheel at 6:30PM and KTXA airs J! at 5:30 & 6:00PM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

KTVT airs Wheel at 6:30PM and KTXA airs J! at 5:30 & 6:00PM

After WFAA dumped them in 2005 for “skewing too old”. Still upset at them for doing that. Wheel is beating Entertainment Tonight in Dallas amongst 18-49 year olds, as well.

1 hour ago, NYPhillynews said:

Wheel of fortune and Jeopardy are cash cows and ratings gold in many markets.

Yet Scripps yanked them a few years back in favor of their own inbred syndication efforts.  Stations like WEWS have never recovered...and helped stations like WBFF rise out of the ratings basement.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
more info
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

After WFAA dumped them in 2005 for “skewing too old”.

No wonder why WFAA hired Demtria Obilor. They knew it would boost young viewership.