Out & About

TexasTVNews

Agreed. That’s when they decided to go for the Ohio City/hipster/club crowd with promos like this:

And going way back...I still think they made a HUGE mistake ditching Kimberly Gill. Cleveland (and Pittsburgh’s) loss is definitely Detroit’s gain. WEWS should’ve sent to Danita back to mornings in 2009 and put Kimberly in the main slot.

I saw on another forum back in '09 that there were rumors that WEWS was thinking of pairing Kimberly Gill with Duane Pohlman for evenings. How would that have worked for a team, and wasn't he up for Ted Henry's spot after his retirement?

I saw on another forum back in '09 that there were rumors that WEWS was thinking of pairing Kimberly Gill with Duane Pohlman for evenings. How would that have worked for a team, and wasn't he up for Ted Henry's spot after his retirement?

I think it could’ve worked. Not sure if it would’ve been enough to turn the ratings, but I’ve always thought Gill should’ve had a better chance there...especially compared to Danita Harris, who I think was best-suited for Good Morning Cleveland.

‘09 was a volatile time for channel 5...it seemed like they were trying all kinds of different pairings around that time. (Even Joy Benedict had some anchor time during that period if I’m remembering correctly.). This was when they started calling themselves “channel 5” outside of newscasts and had a very inconsistent look and feel.

• Like 1

Dave LewAllen has been named lead anchor for WXYZ in Detroit replacing Stephen Clark. At 31 years he is their longest tenured anchor/reporter.

So this is their new team going forward:

upload_2018-10-12_12-38-54.thumb.jpeg.99d7a6a40b22fbf61b407f99d6034d32.jpeg

Dave LewAllen

Carolyn Clifford

Dave Rexroth

Brad Galli

• Like 1

Dave LewAllen has been named lead anchor for WXYZ in Detroit replacing Stephen Clark. At 31 years he is their longest tenured anchor/reporter.

So this is their new team going forward:

[ATTACH=full]6611[/ATTACH]

Dave LewAllen

Carolyn Clifford

Dave Rexroth

Brad Galli

Nice reversal of trend! But the sports guy needs socks.

Two KXTV notes...Morning anchor Megan Telles, which moved off the Morning Blend this June to work on a new "show" on the station has exited the station via her instagram/facebook. Cristina Mendonsa..another KXTV exile has resurfaced on KFBK radio replacing vet Amy Lewis on the morning news program as of this week, she had been doing special reports. Indeed also shows a slew of openings at the station, including weekend AM anchor.

Did that 4pm show ever came to fruition? Or those plans were scrapped?

Meteorologist Beth McLeod is now back in Detroit... at WXYZ... No bio on the website yet, but her Facebook is now Beth McLeod WXYZ Weather Team

Freelancing as far as anyone knows... Fred May be headed for the Tigers too but we’ll see... they do have a meteorologist opening at the moment. Beth has been doing weekend mornings for 3 weeks...

Announced today by Meredith: Todd Brown, GM of KVVU in Las Vegas, has been promoted into the newly created corporate role of Senior VP and Chief Revenue Officer for the entire local media group, "effective immediately."

And Kevin James (no, not that Kevin James) also earns a promotion to GM of KPHO/KTVK, Meredith's duopoly in Phoenix.

And almost eleven months after it was announced, the KOFY deal is finally done. It was closed earlier today (10/15).

Granite is only left with Syracuse's WTVH.

Granite should've been gone already. They ruined WKBW Buffalo to the ground and deserve to be (this is a new term I've made up) in "broadcasting hell."

• Like 1

Granite should've been gone already. They ruined WKBW Buffalo to the ground and deserve to be (this is a new term I've made up) in "broadcasting hell."

Since Scripps bought them, have the ratings or audience for WKBW improved?

Meteorologists Andrew Kozak (formerly at WMC-TV in Memphis) and Robyn King (formerly at KWTV in Oklahoma City) are both joining Spectrum News in Columbus Ohio as Spectrum is starting a new news station for the entire state of Ohio.

The answer to ONN.

• Like 1

KUSI San Diego's Meteorologist Mark Mathis suspended for making threats over Twitter.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/10/10/suspended-in-san-diego

Mark Mathis has been un-suspended from KUSI.

He is once again free to wander the building.

He also bought a nice new tie.

https://www.kusi.com/marks-weather-10-19-18-2/

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Mark Mathis has been un-suspended from KUSI.

He is once again free to wander the building.

He also bought a nice new tie.

https://www.kusi.com/marks-weather-10-19-18-2/

So in other words we have seen reporters losing their jobs over posts made on Social Media yet this Mark Mathis guy only gets a "slap on the wrist" and is STILL employed at KUSI? I see a double standard to this issue here

• Like 1

So in other words we have seen reporters losing their jobs over posts made on Social Media yet this Mark Mathis guy only gets a "slap on the wrist" and is STILL employed at KUSI? I see a double standard to this issue here

Or an employer who cares less than others do about what they post...

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic