Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

Message added by Weeters

Maury will finally move to WUPL.....if he even comes back. Maybe next, WJZ will drop it.

Nah, WNOL will pick him up. They already have Wilkos and Springer.

But Tribune says they're phasing those shows out.

I say WGNO, could be a decent lead-in to News With A Twist. LOL. :D

I say WGNO, could be a decent lead-in to News With A Twist. LOL. :D

Only if WGNO had the option not to air World News Tonight maybe they'd be able to replace that and the 5pm newscast with Maury

Only if WGNO had the option not to air World News Tonight maybe they'd be able to replace that and the 5pm newscast with Maury

Air World News Tonight on a tape delay until 6:30? Lol

Air World News Tonight on a tape delay until 6:30? Lol

Unless WGNO wants to expand the News With A Twist format to 5pm, yes

Nah, WNOL will pick him up. They already have Wilkos and Springer.

Praise the lord there is no "Cap" for junk tv.

I'm old enough to remember when they didn't glue down the food and dishes during the Springer "Holiday" shows..

What kind of punk-ass throws Jello anyway?

• Like 1

They already a NWAT format at 5:00pm.

Then that's where Maury should go (which is 4pm serving as a lead-in to the News With A Twist @ 5:00)

So KGO is bringing back the Circle 7 pins?

3gzhVzx.png

Or the guy found one and decided it was classy...

• Like 6

You stay classy, San Francisco.

Can we clear something up that has been bugging me for all these years?

No "Anchorman" in San Diego ever ended the show with "Stay Classy"...

This is what Harold Green ended the show with in 1976 at KGTV.

5pm Version:

"That's it from San Diego, the NBC Nightly News is Next...

Take care of one another...from all of us at KGTV...to all of you."

Or the 11pm

" That's it from San Diego, The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson is next...

Take care of one another...from all of us at KGTV...to all of you...Good Night".

I may have one or two words switched up, but that's how it went.

Finally!

A huge burden has been lifted from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So KGO is bringing back the Circle 7 pins?

3gzhVzx.png

If they are coming back, they are on the wrong side. KABC talent wears them on the right side (talent's left).

• Like 3

If they are coming back, they are on the wrong side. KABC talent wears them on the right side (talent's left).

Is there a correct side?

• Like 2

WHBQ has hired Elisabeth D'Amore as their newest meteorologist at the station (replacing Lindsey Monroe, who is now a meteorologist at WTHR in Indianapolis). She previously worked at WTVM/WXTX in Columbus, GA. Her first day on the job was yesterday.

• Like 1

A small M&A. Ramar wants to take advantage on the updated duopoly rules in Lubbock.

They're buying Wolfforth, TX's CW station KLCW, from Woods (owner of Fox station KJTV-TV) for $100K.

The deal was greenlighted on a SUNDAY?!!! (4/22). It is now completed.

The deal was greenlighted on a SUNDAY?!!! (4/22).

Might be a mistake since the FCC website says there was an amendment to the application submitted on the 26th, after it was supposedly granted. They might have approved it sometime this week but put the wrong date somehow.

I just realized that WMAR 2’s rebranding may be related to WBAL and WJZ now using their call signs prominently. WJZ always used their calls during the Eyewitness News era when tagging out but now it’s just WJZ News. Similarly WBAL tags out “WBAL-TV 11”. Additionally they all now brand their weather as “Callsign Weather”.

• Like 1

I just realized that WMAR 2’s rebranding may be related to WBAL and WJZ now using their call signs prominently. WJZ always used their calls during the Eyewitness News era when tagging out but now it’s just WJZ News. Similarly WBAL tags out “WBAL-TV 11”. Additionally they all now brand their weather as “Callsign Weather”.

Now that's cool,

Going back to the roots... and keeping things simple.

• Like 4

I am just stunned. WJXT's Tom Wills, Mary Baer, John Gaughan and Sam Kouvaris is the longest-running news team in Jacksonville right now, at least until today.

Sam Kouvaris has left WJXT after 37 years. I'm stunned because I won't see him anymore here in Gainesville via Cox Cable. He is the best sports director the market's ever had and for him and WJXT to leave like this is just sad and I love watching WJXT (thus, my default pic).

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180502/sam-kouvaris-longtime-jacksonville-sportscaster-officially-done-at-channel-4

I am just stunned. WJXT's Tom Wills, Mary Baer, John Gaughan and Sam Kouvaris is the longest-running news team in Jacksonville right now, at least until today.

Sam Kouvaris has left WJXT after 37 years. I'm stunned because I won't see him anymore here in Gainesville via Cox Cable. He is the best sports director the market's ever had and for him and WJXT to leave like this is just sad and I love watching WJXT (thus, my default pic).

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180502/sam-kouvaris-longtime-jacksonville-sportscaster-officially-done-at-channel-4

Prediction: Sam Kouvaris joins First Coast News either as sports director or as weeknight anchor.

• Like 2

Prediction: Sam Kouvaris joins First Coast News either as sports director or as weeknight anchor.

I’d say Action News JAX.

• Like 2

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/5/3/crossing-the-street-in-nashville

FTVLIVE.com is hearing iconic anchor Demetria Kalodimos is in talks with WZTV/FOX 17. I was thinking she would be in talks with WTVF as 5 &10pm anchor or WKRN her and Mueller together giving Nashville a strong. As Holt & Mueller been together for a long time.

Sinclair has gotten talent from competiting stations in markets. WSYX was able to get WBNS castaways to come on down the road. As well many folks at WKEF in Dayton were able to get folks from WHIO.

• Like 1