Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Weeters

Please keep all COVID-19 contingency speculation in the speculation board thread on the matter.

Message added by Weeters

Milwaukee PBS got rid of their Traffic Channel on 36.6 in January after the spectrum reshuffle.

Since early February, they've re-added the traffic portion but now on Channel 36.3, rotating with weather on the new "Milwaukee PBS Weather and Traffic" channel.

• Like 5

The Entravision axe falls again!

This time, it's KINC in Las Vegas, which soon will get its local newscasts from...KINT El Paso:

[MEDIA=twitter]982400431866372096[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]982406285730594817[/MEDIA]

"The result of bad decisions by the company yet the employees face the consequences. Chin up!"

• Like 1

Milwaukee PBS got rid of their Traffic Channel on 36.6 in January after the spectrum reshuffle.

Since early February, they've re-added the traffic portion but now on Channel 36.3, rotating with weather on the new "Milwaukee PBS Weather and Traffic" channel.

It made complete sense to do it (and they had lots of requests for it once the spectrum merge happened). I always wondered why they didn't make it part of the loop in the first place when they switched to the Local AccuWeather software with non-com tweaks.

• Like 1

The latest entry into the NMSA is that of WLJC, a religious independent in the Lexington DMA, randomly picking up This is the Place. Somehow earlier this week, WTVQ began producing a 9:00 newscast for WLJC and that WLJC took the Antenna TV affiliation for Lexington off of WTVQ's overwhelmed hands.

This is the first news sharing arrangement I can think of which a secular station has produced news for a religious station though WLJC's other subs include GetTV and This TV. I wonder if Morris is gearing up to buy them or to set up a situation where Morris cashes out and a new owner of WTVQ then buys WLJC and probably moves MyNet programming there. The owners of WLJC also owns two FM stations which are among the few KLove and Air1 stations that EMF hasn't gotten their paws on yet.

• Like 1

Sad news this evening, former WBZ anchor Tony Pepper passed away on Tuesday, April 3rd, at the age of 79 after complications due to diabetes and heart disease. When he came to Boston he initially worked with Tom Ellis but soon after and most memorably was partnered with Jack Williams, helping WBZ-TV be number one in Boston for many years. Tony was known for his great patriotism, wry sense of humor, huge laugh, and his beautifully modulated voice. He was passionately engaged in all manner of social and civic issues, especially equality and fairness.

Thoughts and condolences goes out to the family of Tony Pepper and to his WBZ-TV family.

• Like 4

The latest entry into the NMSA is that of WLJC, a religious independent in the Lexington DMA, randomly picking up This is the Place. Somehow earlier this week, WTVQ began producing a 9:00 newscast for WLJC and that WLJC took the Antenna TV affiliation for Lexington off of WTVQ's overwhelmed hands.

This is the first news sharing arrangement I can think of which a secular station has produced news for a religious station though WLJC's other subs include GetTV and This TV. I wonder if Morris is gearing up to buy them or to set up a situation where Morris cashes out and a new owner of WTVQ then buys WLJC and probably moves MyNet programming there. The owners of WLJC also owns two FM stations which are among the few KLove and Air1 stations that EMF hasn't gotten their paws on yet.

It is the first instance that I can recall that a major station is producing a local newscast for a religious station.

This does make WLJC recognizable now, even though its a religious station.

KFOR just announced a new partnership with Air Comfort Solutions (which has former KWTV Chief Meteorologist Gary England in the promos), it's now branded as "Air Comfort Solutions Chopper 4"

http://kfor.com/2018/04/09/chopper-4-is-vital-to-covering-oklahoma-storms-new-partnership-between-kfor-air-comfort-solutions-announced/

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like "Bob Moore Chopper 4"

• Like 4

It is the first instance that I can recall that a major station is producing a local newscast for a religious station.

This does make WLJC recognizable now, even though its a religious station.

Do ya think Jesus has "Must-Runs"?

• Like 3

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like "Bob Moore Chopper 4"

The question should be whether Air Comfort Solutions Chopper 4 survives the station's ownership change whether it be Sinclair or someone else.

• Like 2

The question should be whether Air Comfort Solutions Chopper 4 survives the station's ownership change whether it be Sinclair or someone else.

Along with KTVI's "Bommarito SkyFOX Helicopter". Why they didn't pull that graphic during their Ferguson coverage remains painful.

• Like 2

KXAS is entering a partnership with KRLD 1080, ending the latter’s partnership with KTVT.

I'd been hearing lately on KRLD several of the weather reports coming from KXAS' meteorologists instead of from KTVT, as well as a recent news report that came from a KXAS reporter. Too bad, but I guess it was somebody's business decision. The KTVT tie-in didn't seem like one that needed to go, but I guess having KXAS as a next choice will work out also.

• Like 1

This isn’t the first - WCMH, as an NBC O&O, reaired their newscasts on WSFJ, a religious and ION (then Pax TV) station, as part of an arrangement between NBC and Pax. Many of NBC’s affiliates reaired their newscasts on or produced news for Pax stations. There is one arrangement still in place - in Louisville. WAVE produces news for Louisville’s former ION station, a religious station.

• Like 2

This isn’t the first - WCMH, as an NBC O&O, reaired their newscasts on WSFJ, a religious and ION (then Pax TV) station, as part of an arrangement between NBC and Pax. Many of NBC’s affiliates reaired their newscasts on or produced news for Pax stations. There is one arrangement still in place - in Louisville. WAVE produces news for Louisville’s former ION station, a religious station.

I thought that the WAVE newscasts were discontinued. Looking at WBNA's schedule all I see is the delayed replay of WLEX's 6:00.

Also, if memory serves me right, WSFJ was a lot more secular at that time than WLJC is now.

• Like 1

Nope... not anymore. Now, WBNA repeats the previous day's edition of Hey Kentucky from WLEX at 12:30 p.m., the same day edition at 10:00 p.m. and a repeat of their 6:00 p.m. news at 6:30 p.m.

I just looked up the listings.

• Like 1

I'd been hearing lately on KRLD several of the weather reports coming from KXAS' meteorologists instead of from KTVT, as well as a recent news report that came from a KXAS reporter. Too bad, but I guess it was somebody's business decision. The KTVT tie-in didn't seem like one that needed to go, but I guess having KXAS as a next choice will work out also.

I think it was the simple fact that since KRLD is now owned by Entercom and not CBS, besides the fact of CBS News Radio, they wanted to distance themselves from their former CBS brethren.

That is a very well-done post in the style of so many high school athlete commitments. Put a smile on my face.

• Like 3