Out & About

TexasTVNews

Jodi Kodesh out at KNSD NBC-7 San Diego. This was posted on her Facebook page:

"Hey friends! So many of you have been asking where I've been. It took a little bit of time for me to write this. I recently learned that NBC was not going to be renewing my contract. It was my last day on air. 1f622.png It did come as a shock to me, and no, nothing happened. They just decided to go in a different direction. You all know how much I loved my job, but I really do believe that everything happens for a reason. I have nothing but love for them, and the opportunities they gave me.

If I've learned anything, it's that I have an amazing husband, and two little boys who love having me home. And, being able to sleep in is incredible. 14 years of waking up at 2 a.m. is a long time. 1f636.png

The good news is, I will always be a meteorologist, and one of my favorite parts of my job, was interacting on Facebook. I love forecasting for San Diego, I love making videos about the weather, and I plan to do even more of that now, because I'm more rested 1f60a.png

So I hope you will continue to follow along. I'll have exciting things to talk about in the future 1f61c.png1f618.png2764.png"

https://www.facebook.com/pg/jodikodesh/posts/?ref=page_internal

So at KNSD, Llarisa Abreu was doing weather on this mornings broadcast with Whitney there doing traffic. Not sure if this is permanent as her bio indicates she does weekend weather and her bio has been updated since Jodi was let go.

Unless it's WUAB getting the 7:30 show (in which case, say goodbye to the 10pm show, AGAIN!), then Jeopardy! Is going to either 3:30pm, 4:30pm, overnights, or WUAB.

It is WUAB...saw it on Roly's Changing Newscasts blog...

Still an oddball time to add news though, especially without a 7pm counterpart....

• Like 1

Lasting, Michigan has a new 5:30 newscast thanks to WILX News 10, starting Monday, October 1st. (set your calendars) But they can’t do live newscasts for WSYM FOX 47 at the same timeslot. It can match WLNS’ 5:30 newscasts which debuted last year

Lasting, Michigan has a new 5:30 newscast thanks to WILX News 10, starting Monday, October 1st. (set your calendars) But they can’t do live newscasts for WSYM FOX 47 at the same timeslot. It can match WLNS’ 5:30 newscasts which debuted last year

According to Wikipedia, the WSYM newscast will move to 6:30.

• Like 3

So at KNSD, Llarisa Abreu was doing weather on this mornings broadcast with Whitney there doing traffic. Not sure if this is permanent as her bio indicates she does weekend weather and her bio has been updated since Jodi was let go.

KNSD announced that Sheena Parveen will join the station as weekday AM/Midday meteorologist starting in October.
  • Like 4

Goodbye Morning Dose and NewsFix, its been canceled. Now KDAF and KIAH can start rebuilding and revive their own newscasts.

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2018/09/newsfix-and-morning-dose-cancelled-by.html

Poor Jenny Anchondo wasn't at KDAF very long after bailing from KDFW, wonder what she'll do now. Meanwhile, >yay!< the unwatchable newscasts have finally been put out of their misery. It would be nice if this actually led to a return to a set of traditional newsgathering and presentation, but I guess I won't be holding any breath over it.

• Like 1

Poor Jenny Anchondo wasn't at KDAF very long after bailing from KDFW, wonder what she'll do now. Meanwhile, >yay!< the unwatchable newscasts have finally been put out of their misery. It would be nice if this actually led to a return to a set of traditional newsgathering and presentation, but I guess I won't be holding any breath over it.

KIAH is launching a 3-hour morning newscast this fall.

• Like 2

Goodbye Morning Dose and NewsFix, its been canceled. Now KDAF and KIAH can start rebuilding and revive their own newscasts.

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2018/09/newsfix-and-morning-dose-cancelled-by.html

Well darn. Sinclair said that if they got the Tribune stations, they would've expanded Morning Dose and possibly NewsFix to some of it's stations not carrying local news or Kids Click.

To add to that, WDCW's 10pm newscast (produced by WTVR) is getting axed too. Always was going to be an uphill battle against FOX 5 in that slot...

And it's even worse off because it's not even locally produced in Washington. They'd have been better off going to WRC or someone local for a newscast.

They did that in 1991 (it aired at 7:30 though) and it didn't last a year. While it might be more expensive, a WRC product might just do better, too.

• Like 1

It's a double whammy for KTVT. Weekend Anchor/Reporter Dan Haggerty and his wife Consumer Justice/Reporter Cristin Severance are both leaving the CBS O&O station at the end of this month to be key players at Portland, OR's KGW 8 (NBC). Haggerty will become the stations new main anchor after long-time KGW anchor Joe Donlon left for Tribune's WGN 9 Chicago, and Severance will join the stations investigative unit.

http://unclebarky.com/dfw_files/bfb2e48b36ffd3efc11ee57b269e1dda-4268.html

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic