Message added by Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I worked with a news anchor who battled an alcohol addiction. It's not just about someone having too much fun and getting carried away, there sometimes are much deeper issues we don't know about. My c

"...To Another Channel!"

Posted Images

Do you think Scott Chapin or John B.Wells has raspy voice as well?

Wells I haven’t heard in a loooonnnggg time, Chapin yes. His voice has degraded (not bad as Van Dyke) and to find out how he sounds now, go watch something WHDH-related on YouTube.

• Like 2
If WGCL can keep their momentum up because they beat WXIA for third place in November . They've tied with WSB at noon.Their morning EP put a message out saying their 4:30am tied with WSB for #1.

With it being a revolving door hoping the new management will keep things right and build off of that. It was time for Ben to go he can do his conspiracy theories rants on other platforms, but he had to know how the outcome was going be.

As for who sits next to Sharon Reed somebody should school management who John Bachman is and he worked at WSB TV. CBS46 has the momentum keep it going they're passing WAGA & WXIA different days on it newscast..It their time to make those money moves & stop making stupid moves.

I dunno; from what I've been seeing, viewers have been warming up to Sharon Reed and Tracye Hutchins (who survived many comings and goings herself at CBS 46, from Scott Light (now on WBNS) to Stephany Fisher (who, despite all the talk of her coming to Fox 5, became a freelancer at the Washington Post and now does PR for MARTA) to now Swann).

Oh, and didn't I read something that CBS 46 even beat WSB (and probably Fox 5) at noon? Good luck on Channel 2 trying to spin that!

As of this past Monday (Feb. 5), KARK in Little Rock, AR, has started an hour-long 4p newscast. This newscast replaced an hour of "Judge Judy."

And BTW, it turns out KARK was running TWO hours of "Judge Judy" from 3 to 5p. Now one hour of the show every day is fine with me, but not two!! I wonder what gave them the idea to run two hours of the show on weekdays!! Weird!!

• Like 5

Cristi Jessee has been canned from Meredith's KVVU in Las Vegas after attempting to hire conservative whackjob Laura Loomer....resulting in Meredith spiking the hire and forcing her suspension and departure from the station.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/2/9/not-your-typical-news-director-fired

Read the comments....one is from a guy named "Scott Livingston" who would love to add her to his staff..

We all know who he is and where he works...

And hope this is some random dude making a joke instead of the real person trying to reach out....

• Like 1
hope this is some random dude making a joke instead of the real person trying to reach out....

Some random dude. If Livingston was genuinely interested, he would reach out to her personally rather than through FTVLive's commenting function.

• Like 3

WMC's former anchor/reporter Ben Watson has died of a heart attack he was 63.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/37478533/award-winning-journalist-ben-watson-dies-at-63

Also

Newsblues.com

Helmke_J.jpg

Jane Helmke announced late Friday that she was stepping down as news director of Tegna’s KARE in Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Jane’s been ND there for about 6 1/2 years and has held a wide variety of jobs during her 35 years there.

Combined into one document here for your convenience are the note to the staff from longtime KARE general manager John Remes, which included a message from Jane, and a copy of a post from Jane’s Facebook page.

Jane’s partner, Teresa, is batting cancer. We wish them both well.

• Like 5

Nalina Shapiro is leaving Buffalo's WIVB after the end of February sweeps. Her boyfriend, WGRZ sports anchor/reporter Jonah Javad will join WFAA after WGRZ's Winter Olympics coverage is over. Shapiro is pursuing a job outside of TV in Dallas.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/08/ch-4-anchor-shapiro-telling-colleagues-she-is-leaving/

http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/11/source-jonah-javad-verbally-agrees-to-join-dallas-station/

As of this past Monday (Feb. 5), KARK in Little Rock, AR, has started an hour-long 4p newscast. This newscast replaced an hour of "Judge Judy."

And BTW, it turns out KARK was running TWO hours of "Judge Judy" from 3 to 5p. Now one hour of the show every day is fine with me, but not two!! I wonder what gave them the idea to run two hours of the show on weekdays!! Weird!!

KTAL used to do that here (3-5 p.m.) until they began splitting it with KSHV. Now they only run it from 4-5. I guess KTAL will move it to 3 p.m. next year so that they can get into the 4pm game.

KTAL used to do that here (3-5 p.m.) until they began splitting it with KSHV. Now they only run it from 4-5. I guess KTAL will move it to 3 p.m. next year so that they can get into the 4pm game.

WVNY is another (nominally) Nexstar station that does the same. Given their apprehension of programming a 5:00 hour, I wonder if they shed an hour and enter the 4:00 game too.

• Like 2
Remember last year, when I stated that WWL was airing the 7-9am local Mardi Gras coverage om WUPL? Well this year, they've corrected this wrong and as I speak, they're airing the local coverage on channel 4, moving CBS This Morning to 54.

They lied to you. Watched a WWL livestream after 7am this morning and I saw the A-block of CTM, with a local weather update.

They lied to you. Watched a WWL livestream after 7am this morning and I saw the A-block of CTM, with a local weather update.

No lie, but I did see that though. There's another link that streamed the local Mardi Gras coverage.

The stream normally switches over from 4 to 54 after 7am, when local news shifts. But today, 54 is airing CTM, and that's probably why you saw that.

The Channel 4 gang dresses up today.

Kevin Belton as Mario, April Dupre as Princess Daisy, Eric Paulsen as Luigi, Sally-Ann Roberts as Princess Peach and Dave Nussbaum as Toad.

[MEDIA=twitter]963438088067452928[/MEDIA]

Sheba Turk, Chris Franklin and Leslie Spoon as the Power Rangers.

[MEDIA=twitter]963431212059713536[/MEDIA]

Katie Steiner as Snow White and Kristin Pierce as the Evil Queen.

[MEDIA=twitter]963421989493977088[/MEDIA]

Carl Arredondo as Ronald McDonald, Karen Swensen as the Chick-Fil-A Cow, Thahn Truong as The Colonel and Natalie Shepherd as Wendy.

[MEDIA=twitter]963416521883168768[/MEDIA]

• Like 4
  • rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic