Out & About

TexasTVNews

WECT quietly changed the branding of its newscasts on WSFX as of Monday, June 25. They’re now known as “WECT News on Fox Wilmington”

They’re using WECT’s version of the Raycom graphics and the WECT peacock duratran. Aerial remains as the music package.

Take a good hard look at this logo...

[ATTACH=full]6201[/ATTACH]

Because Nexstar unveiled a brand new logo for WWTI.

[ATTACH=full]6202[/ATTACH]

What do you think?

Not the worst I’ve seen from Nexstar, I mean look at KXMB at least they didn’t superimpose the abc into the state of NY

• Like 2

What do you think?

Better but a rip off of the Scripps logos.

Matt Baylow, Chief Meteorologist KFBM CBS-8 San Diego to retire at end of the month. (From his Facebook page):

"After 38+ years of weather forecasting, the time has come for me to do something else (and by "something else" I mean NOTHING) - so although it's been an awesome ride, this train comes into the station Wednesday, June 27th at 5pm.

I'd say it's the stress of live television or an uncooperative management team, but neither is the case - (the good people at KFMB Stations wanted to keep me around for another year) - rather it's simply time for more naps, more bridge, more cooking, etc. More information is forthcoming, but I've been really fortunate throughout my career, especially the past 20 years here in San Diego - my last chance to get it wrong will be at the end of the month."

• Like 1

What do you think?

Much improved. Now part of me wonders if this new logo is corresponding to a rebuilt news department at some point. Surely, Nexstar wouldn't go through the effort of giving this also-ran a new logo if they didn't have plans in place... I mean, fourth time is the charm right?

• Like 5

Much improved. Now part of me wonders if this new logo is corresponding to a rebuilt news department at some point. Surely, Nexstar wouldn't go through the effort of giving this also-ran a new logo if they didn't have plans in place... I mean, fourth time is the charm right?

If they do rebuild the news department, it would be produced by WSYR since WWTI is a semi-satellite of WSYR-TV.

Matt Baylow, Chief Meteorologist KFBM CBS-8 San Diego to retire at end of the month. (From his Facebook page):

"After 38+ years of weather forecasting, the time has come for me to do something else (and by "something else" I mean NOTHING) - so although it's been an awesome ride, this train comes into the station Wednesday, June 27th at 5pm.

I'd say it's the stress of live television or an uncooperative management team, but neither is the case - (the good people at KFMB Stations wanted to keep me around for another year) - rather it's simply time for more naps, more bridge, more cooking, etc. More information is forthcoming, but I've been really fortunate throughout my career, especially the past 20 years here in San Diego - my last chance to get it wrong will be at the end of the month."

Now we know what the meteorologist job post is for..

Do you think this is related to contract negotiations post Tegna takeover? Or is he really just retiring?

We'll miss you, Matt.

• Like 1

CBS has named current KMAX and KOVR general manager Jay Howell as the new vice president and general manager at Pittsburgh's KDKA-TV. Jay is succeeding general manager Chris Pike, who retired in May ... Wonder what the changes will be down the road?

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2018/06/29/Tuned-In-CBS-names-new-KDKA-TV-GM-Jay-Howell/stories/201806290122

[ATTACH]6196[/ATTACH]

They have used variations of those logos and graphics in the past. Its definitely the sign of something new ahead but this has been the slowest implementation of this new logo and graphics I've ever seen. Almost all their promos now involve graphics like those.

And based on the promos I've seen, they do seem to be going with "KMOV 4".

It's time for a refresh, those Belo graphics have been in use for over 4 years now and they haven't aged that well.

And like the nice little lamb that Matt was...

He put on a brave little face...and managed to crack a brave little final parting smile...to his fellow workers...

...As they led him off to slaughter.

• Like 1

Not really a new logo. It’s the same 4 logofont. They just dropped the very dated tv screen surround.

The funny thing is, KMOV rolled out that same exact design for their mobile app... what... two years ago?

I'm fine with a logo evolution, and that's what this is, but the glaciers retreated from the Midwest at a much faster pace than this.

So what will KMOV call themselves? CBS4 or KMOV4?

The new logo features the KMOV calls prominently, so why not the KMOV4 brand?

• Like 1

KRQE's late newscasts were thrown out the window tonight when the building was evacuated for a police situation.

[MEDIA=twitter]1013649827459035137[/MEDIA]

KOB, which is across the street, went on lockdown as well. KRQE viewers saw a black screen or color bars:

[MEDIA=twitter]1013647892723130368[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1013638906556764161[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

It's time for a refresh, those Belo graphics have been in use for over 4 years now and they haven't aged that well.

The same could be said for the website.

(Not that Meredith's other stations' sites are much better. Most of them still have the same design they had a decade ago.)

• Like 3

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic