Message added by Weeters

This thread will soon become "Comings and Goings", a thread targeted at talent and staff arrivals and departures. Please consider starting new threads for anything that does not fit this criteria. 
Click here for more information regarding the sunsetting of "general" threads.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/12/8/raleigh-station-names-new-anchor

WRAL taps WBNS weekend anchor Jeff Hogan to take over for the retiring Bill Leslie in the summer, although he'll start in January. I'm honestly surprised WRAL didn't promote from within, Ken Smith was my choice to get the spot, as he had worked with Renee Chou in the past when she was his weekend evening co-anchor.

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I worked with a news anchor who battled an alcohol addiction. It's not just about someone having too much fun and getting carried away, there sometimes are much deeper issues we don't know about. My c

"...To Another Channel!"

Posted Images

Is WPXT going with it? Or is WPME going alone?

More importantly, if its the latter then what happens? Does My Network simply go to a WPXT subchannel?

The purchase agreement says that the sale does not include WPME's existing programming contracts and that Ion will have to change WPME's call sign, so it seems that MyNetworkTV will be moving to a WPXT subchannel. Interestingly, there's also an SSA in which Ironwood will continue to provide Technical services to WPME after the sale.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, WPME is already carrying Ion on 35.2, so that will probably just move to 35.1 after the sale.

• Like 1
The purchase agreement says that the sale does not include WPME's existing programming contracts and that Ion will have to change WPME's call sign, so it seems that MyNetworkTV will be moving to a WPXT subchannel. Interestingly, there's also an SSA in which Ironwood will continue to provide Technical services to WPME after the sale.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, WPME is already carrying Ion on 35.2, so that will probably just move to 35.1 after the sale.

I wonder what this means for WPXT long-term. With the Top 8 rule poised to go away, you would think that Tegna and Hearst would be chomping at the bit for WPXT at minimum if not Gray using it as a trojan horse to enter the Portland market if no other avenues open up.

• Like 2

It appears that Ion is returning to Maine as they started what is now WPFO as WMPX, thus I would not be surprised should WPME become WMPX. Personally, I would like to see someone take over the current WPFO and allow FOX to move to WGME’s stick and allow FOX to be on par with the other networks in western Maine.

I wonder what this means for WPXT long-term. With the Top 8 rule poised to go away, you would think that Tegna and Hearst would be chomping at the bit for WPXT at minimum if not Gray using it as a trojan horse to enter the Portland market if no other avenues open up.

As per WPXT’s Wikipedia page, Ironwood is in the process of selling WPXT to Sincair, which would pair it up with WGME & WPFO, but there was no citation or other sources.

As per WPXT’s Wikipedia page, Ironwood is in the process of selling WPXT to Sinclair, which would pair it up with WGME & WPFO, but there was no citation or other sources.

Trip from RabbitEars just confirmed it was a mistake on their part.

Yep, that's a mistake. WPME got sold to ION, and WPFO (not WPXT) filed something on the same day that was apparently an internal reorganization at Sinclair. I misread it as WPXT being sold separately to Sinclair. (Which could have made sense as well.)

Sorry about that.

- Trip

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-local-hdtv-info-reception/123548-portland-me-hdtv-170.html#post55323924

Not bad, but why does it look like the "3" is trying to eat the CBS eye?

It's hungry.

I’m thinking they were going to put the CBS Eye in the negative space (is that the right term) of the bottom half of the 3. But someone realized that it could possibly go against the CBS Eyedentity standards.

Just by eyeballing it (pun intended) it looks like the CBS Eye fits perfectly in the bottom half.

Today is a bittersweet day in Oklahoma as KFOR dedicates studio to longtime anchor Linda Cavanaugh - http://kfor.com/2017/12/15/kfor-dedicates-studio-to-longtime-anchor-linda-cavanaugh/

Linda Cavanaugh is retiring today after 40 years at KFOR, which was known as KTVY when she started.

I put it here in Out an About as I was not sure whether this should be a new thread or. Also, she is leaving with KFOR's ownership, and possibly NBC affailiation, uncertain going into 2018, it's currently a Tribune station.

Today is a bittersweet day in Oklahoma as KFOR dedicates studio to longtime anchor Linda Cavanaugh - http://kfor.com/2017/12/15/kfor-dedicates-studio-to-longtime-anchor-linda-cavanaugh/

Linda Cavanaugh is retiring today after 40 years at KFOR, which was known as KTVY when she started.

I put it here in Out an About as I was not sure whether this should be a new thread or. Also, she is leaving with KFOR's ownership, and possibly NBC affailiation, uncertain going into 2018, it's currently a Tribune station.

Out and About is the perfect thread to put it in. We don't need threads for every anchor retirement.

And we don't need to type like this either.

Out and About is the perfect thread to put it in. We don't need threads for every anchor retirement.

And we don't need to type like this either.

Sorry about the font, I copied and pasted from their website, I've fixed it.

• Like 2

http://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/tv/warm-tv-blog/article189736909.html

Good lord, yet another departure at WRAL, this time weekend morning co-anchor Gina Benitez is leaving in March. So that makes Lynda Loveland, David Crabtree, Nate Johnson, Bill Leslie, Julia Sims (née Lewis), and now Gina who are all leaving or retiring within the next year or so.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic