Out & About

TexasTVNews

If you think starting news at 4:00 p.m. is early, then try starting at 3:00 p.m. WBBH is the next station to do it. (I would use my Twitter but the account is locked out at the moment).

Well, all those retirees have to have something to watch...

If you think starting news at 4:00 p.m. is early, then try starting at 3:00 p.m. WBBH is the next station to do it. (I would use my Twitter but the account is locked out at the moment).

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1152328311576072

Can't wait to see how big the hashmark ratings will be.

I think it’s a first in the Eastern Time Zone; the only other one I know of is WTMJ.

Now we need to see how long it’s kept after the election.

• Like 1

I think it’s a first in the Eastern Time Zone; the only other one I know of is WTMJ.

They used to, but not anymore. WTMJ runs "Pickler and Ben" in that slot (according to TitanTV). They dropped the 3p newscast in 2015; this decision was in the works before Scripps bought WTMJ and the Journal stations.....

So many FOX O&Os are expanding newscasts on their stations, and you can add KDFW to the list. After recently expanding Good Day DFW to a 4AM start, KDFW now

is elongating back to the end of the show as well. Starting in September, KDFW FOX4 will extend the locally produced, #1 rated program to 10AM while pushing Live with

Kelly and Ryan out of the 9AM time slot it has long held since Regis and Kathy Lee. The show will move to 10AM under current plans.

http://unclebarky.com/dfw_files/14dc89079efbff9cc26289ea8a82b3c1-4207.html

The 4am start is one thing, but the additional hour to 10am is probably a bit much. Since Kelly & Ryan will move to 10am, it will be interesting to see what KDFW does at 11am. Wendy? The Real? I guess Uncle Barky didn't know that one yet.

• Like 1

The 6 hour blocks of news on most Fox O&Os is insane. Not sure why KDFW would fix something that wasn’t broken. And how does Good Day Dallas work? Do Tim and Lauren anchor all 5 hours currently?

Sorry for the double post but, KDFW just calls it Good Day.

The 6 hour blocks of news on most Fox O&Os is insane. Not sure why KDFW would fix something that wasn’t broken. And how does Good Day Dallas work? Do Tim and Lauren anchor all 5 hours currently?

Apparently, yes. However, Fox O&Os have tended to use two sets of anchors on their weekday morning newscasts in some markets (some ex-O&Os like WDAF-TV still do that as well); so it's possible that Ryan and Pryzybyl will be shifted off at least part of the 4:00 to 7:00 a.m. portion of the newscast, to make way for additional anchors. The reports did say that KDFW was planning on adding staff for the expanded broadcast.

The only existing newscasts I would foresee KDFW expanding in the near future would be the noon news (to an hour) and the 10:00 p.m. news (to weekend evenings).

Sorry for the double post but, KDFW just calls it Good Day.

Yep. Though the newscast was titled Good Day Dallas from c. 1997-2004.

• Like 1

Apparently, yes. However, Fox O&Os have tended to use two sets of anchors on their weekday morning newscasts in some markets (some ex-O&Os like WDAF-TV still do that as well); so it's possible that Ryan and Pryzybyl will be shifted off at least part of the 4:00 to 7:00 a.m. portion of the newscast, to make way for additional anchors. The reports did say that KDFW was planning on adding staff for the expanded broadcast.

The only existing newscasts I would foresee KDFW expanding in the near future would be the noon news (to an hour) and the 10:00 p.m. news (to weekend evenings).

Yep. Though the newscast was titled Good Day Dallas from c. 1997-2004.

One problem. On Sundays, FOX 4 airs Sports Sunday with Mike Doocy at 10:00PM. Speaking of Mike Doocy, he hosting a new locally produced half-hour program called "Free 4 All" weeknights at 10:30PM this fall. The station will be dropping 10:30PM repeats of Modern Family to accommodate the new show.

http://unclebarky.com/dfw_files/10ddb1d1dcb355ec1a35dc61176c95de-4208.html

• Like 1

One problem. On Sundays, FOX 4 airs Sports Sunday with Mike Doocy at 10:00PM.

If they ever did expand the 10:00 p.m. news to weekends, they could move Sports Sunday to 9:30 or 10:30. A few of Fox's O&O's (such as KTVU and KSAZ) already air their Sunday sports wrap-up shows after local newscasts aired in the traditional 10:00 (Central/Mountain)/11:00 p.m. (Eastern/Pacific) timeslot.

My apologies if this is in the wrong thread (and move it if its in the wrong thread) but...

It looks like MTV-U is about to be redundant. Cheddar has bought the transponder system that broadcasts MTV-U and will replace it with CheddarU.

For the record, MTV-U isn't dead but its more redundant now as CheddarU has already started broadcasting.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/viacom-is-selling-mtv-campus-networks-to-cheddar/

• Like 1

Lisa Benson, who has an ongoing racial lawsuit against KSHB, has left after 14 years (and 3 months). http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/6/14/reporter-that-sued-kc-station-is-now-gone-from-the-station

Dee Jackson, a sports anchor/reporter, also has a racial discrimination lawsuit pending. It'll be interesting to see if he leaves next.

Lisa Benson, who has an ongoing racial lawsuit against KSHB, has left after 14 years (and 3 months). http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/6/14/reporter-that-sued-kc-station-is-now-gone-from-the-station

Dee Jackson, a sports anchor/reporter, also has a racial discrimination lawsuit pending. It'll be interesting to see if he leaves next.

If I was his lawyer I would advise him to resign yesterday.

You have a difficult time convincing judges and jury you have suffered damages if you stay .

It's like domestic violence cases...you get the heck out of the situation first. You don't stick around any longer hoping things will get better.

Leaving sends a very clear message that you are serious

#MeanwhileInOrlando, WKMG (News6GettingResults) expands to the 9:00am hour next month. All three of their anchors - Bridgett Ellison, Julie Broughton, and Candace Campos - share different experiences and specialities, but also are working mothers, which, according to GM Jeff Hoffman, “allow them to use the breadth of their knowledge to ask questions and get answers that will ultimately get results for all of our viewers.” The new newscast will debut July 2, with solely Broughton and Campos (Ellison is currently on maternity leave after welcoming her second child).

• Like 1

#MeanwhileInOrlando, WKMG (News6GettingResults) expands to the 9:00am hour next month. All three of their anchors - Bridgett Ellison, Julie Broughton, and Candace Campos - share different experiences and specialities, but also are working mothers, which, according to GM Jeff Hoffman, “allow them to use the breadth of their knowledge to ask questions and get answers that will ultimately get results for all of our viewers.” The new newscast will debut July 2, with solely Broughton and Campos (Ellison is currently on maternity leave after welcoming her second child).

Almost all stations in that market have extended morning newscasts. Guess WKMG wanted to join the party.

• Like 3

Didn't years ago WTVC do a newscast that was very similar to this, blatantly calling it "NewsChannel 9 For Women"?

• Like 2

Dfu2Z-iUcAEzzNL.jpg

Pittsburgh Television weather and the City of Pittsburgh will never be the same without the Dean of Pittsburgh Weather... Joe DeNardo... you're

irreplaceable... you're a quintessential weatherman... and when we look to skies tonight and when on sunny days and stormy nights; we see what's

happening in the weather... Joe Said It Would.

RIP Joe DeNardo and Godspeed.

Thoughts and prayers to Joe's family and the entire team of WTAE Action News 4.

http://www.wtae.com/article/legendary-wtae-chief-meteorologist-joe-denardo-dies-at-87/21550800

And before 'TAE he worked across town at KDKA w/ Bill Burns...

• Like 2

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic