Out & About

TexasTVNews

http://www.wafb.com/story/38362607/donna-britt-to-retire-from-wafb

38 years at the station and she's battling ALS. She currently anchors the 6pm newscast and is retiring on June 13th (A week from today). I wish her luck with her battle and hope that she can enjoy her time with her family. Elizabeth Vowell took over for her whenever Britt stepped down from the 10pm newscast so I'm thinking she'll add that to her duties as well.

• Like 7

38 years at the station and she's battling ALS. She currently anchors the 6pm newscast and is retiring on June 13th (A week from today). I wish her luck with her battle and hope that she can enjoy her time with her family. Elizabeth Vowell took over for her whenever Britt stepped down from the 10pm newscast so I'm thinking she'll add that to her duties as well.

Its just too tough for her to do that job anymore with that ALS disease now.

• Like 3

Its just too tough for her to do that job anymore with that ALS disease now.

Exactly. She's currently in a wheelchair and had to step down from the 10pm because it got too tough for her to go home between the 6 and the 10pm broadcasts. That's a sad thing to watch someone you love go through.

• Like 4

That is sad, thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family in this very difficult time

• Like 1

With NBC buying out ZGS, its lone full-power station, KTDO El Paso, is getting an overhaul.

On Monday, the station debuts expanded newscasts, as well as a new website and mobile app. The changes are very clearly timed to the start of the World Cup, which kicks off on Thursday.

The new newscasts fill the 4pm hour and bring the station in line with the other Telemundo O&Os. Ivette Sánchez, who had been reporting for six years, becomes the new female anchor at 4, 5 and 10, while existing male anchor Claudio Herrera will also be on at 4:30. Karla Mariscal will anchor both halves of the 4pm hour.

• Like 4

With NBC buying out ZGS, its lone full-power station, KTDO El Paso, is getting an overhaul.

On Monday, the station debuts expanded newscasts, as well as a new website and mobile app. The changes are very clearly timed to the start of the World Cup, which kicks off on Thursday.

The new newscasts fill the 4pm hour and bring the station in line with the other Telemundo O&Os. Ivette Sánchez, who had been reporting for six years, becomes the new female anchor at 4, 5 and 10, while existing male anchor Claudio Herrera will also be on at 4:30. Karla Mariscal will anchor both halves of the 4pm hour.

They have a proprietary network of radars in addition to the national weather service. I’m assuming they mean KXAS’ Big S Radar and TX Thunder Truck when deployed. I know the data’s shared with the sister stations across the country.

• Like 1

Corpus Christi's ABC station KIII has hired a new co-anchor. Former KXXV anchor Makenzi Henderson joins Rudy Treviño and Joe Gazin this coming

Monday on KIII's 3 News at 5, 6 & 10pm.

https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2018/06/07/after-katie-uriarte-leaves-krist-6-kiii-has-new-anchor-makenzi-henderson/681246002/

WRMD is getting a similar overhaul to KTDO come Monday — very obviously NBCU bringing the ex-ZGS stations up to spec.

Giselle López joins the station from WSCV and will anchor both of its 5pm-hour newscasts.

Last month, the station changed its name from Telemundo Tampa to Telemundo 49 and debuted the NBCU platform mobile app and website. As this piece also mentions, WRMD airs the 6am and noon editions of WKAQ's newscasts.

A small fire caused by an ice machine evacuated WWAY for over an hour Thursday night after their 7:30pm newscast ended.

Must be nice to have a station ice maker...

At KBEX-TV we fired our station Ice maker due to budget cuts.

Now we have to drink straight outta the bottle...

We even told "Dan Dan, The Transmitter Man"...that he could drink and drive in the KBEX live unit...

But only if he used the cup holder.

(rimshot)

• Like 2

Good news...

Hanna was found!

Alive !

Unharmed!

She is still at KGTV and still the military reporter.

She was never missing....I just didn't look hard enough and somebody else ( I can't say who ) found her...and emailed me.

Dopey Me!

I'm sorry for the mistake and hope her family is not mad at me.

She was not abducted by navy seals...or bears.

I have learned a very valuable lesson about "being first".

A small fire caused by an ice machine evacuated WWAY for over an hour Thursday night after their 7:30pm newscast ended.

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2018/06/07/video-small-fire-leads-to-evacuation-at-wway-new-studio/

They’ve been in their new building for about two months.

Isn't their new building an old bowling alley?

They probably kept it from there!

• Like 3

Isn't their new building an old bowling alley?

They probably kept it from there!

The ice machine is located in a public event space in the new building. The local chamber of commerce is hosting an event there later this month, and the station is supposed to be hosting a public open house at an unannounced date.

So many FOX O&Os are expanding newscasts on their stations, and you can add KDFW to the list. After recently expanding Good Day DFW to a 4AM start, KDFW now

is elongating back to the end of the show as well. Starting in September, KDFW FOX4 will extend the locally produced, #1 rated program to 10AM while pushing Live with

Kelly and Ryan out of the 9AM time slot it has long held since Regis and Kathy Lee. The show will move to 10AM under current plans.

http://unclebarky.com/dfw_files/14dc89079efbff9cc26289ea8a82b3c1-4207.html

• Like 1

So many FOX O&Os are expanding newscasts on their stations, and you can add KDFW to the list. After recently expanding Good Day DFW to a 4AM start, KDFW now

is elongating back to the end of the show as well. Starting in September, KDFW FOX4 will extend the locally produced, #1 rated program to 10AM while pushing Live with

Kelly and Ryan out of the 9AM time slot it has long held since Regis and Kathy Lee. The show will move to 10AM under current plans.

Wonder if Live w Kelly & Ryan eventually moves to WFAA.

• Like 2

All I can say is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=FyAsM9XovFk;m=3;s=18

It took KDFW ten years for them to expand Good Day to 9:00 a.m., and it was one of the last Fox O&Os to do so. Welcome to the club.

Wonder if Live w Kelly & Ryan eventually moves to WFAA.

That said, with KXAS running Megyn Kelly Today, KTVT running Let's Make a Deal and WFAA running Good Morning Texas at 9:00 a.m., once the expansion takes place, Live is probably going to be stuck airing on tape delay in DFW for the foreseeable future, unless it Disney-ABC chooses to move the show to KDAF, KDFI or KTXA (none of which are likely or tenable scenarios).

The latter two already channel-share with those two stations, so it's yet another 'main channel partner buys the other' deal among the many TBN and Ion have done. Meanwhile, WKOI finally will get Ion into Dayton/Cincinnati. You have to begin to wonder how much more pulling back TBN will do on their OTA stations at this point outside the Top 25 and Nashville, as they seem to be struggling.

At least with WDLI, this means that they're going away for good. Ion is getting the license and the ability to take back WVPX to themselves, essentially.....unless they want to air even MORE Ion subchannels on zombie station WDLI!?!?!?!?

Had the auction not happened, I bet WDLI and other TBN's would have sold out, eventually. The only beneficiary of the proceeds is the bankrupt owners of TBN probably throwing the money at their debtors.....

• Like 5

At least with WDLI, this means that they're going away for good. Ion is getting the license and the ability to take back WVPX to themselves, essentially.....unless they want to air even MORE Ion subchannels on zombie station WDLI!?!?!?!?

Had the auction not happened, I bet WDLI and other TBN's would have sold out, eventually. The only beneficiary of the proceeds is the bankrupt owners of TBN probably throwing the money at their debtors.....

They'll probably just use WDLI for Ion Life, just like WLWC.

• Like 2

Well... actually... ION was on WBDT 26.3 from 2015 until just recently moved into WDTN 2.3 in February.

Plus, WBDT carried ION's previous incarnation as PAX from 1998-2004.

But they never officially had a Cincinnati station that could make a claim for must-carry; WKOI is one of those two-market oddballs that equally covers Cincinnati and Dayton now. The most that happens really is Spectrum can't sell ads any longer if Ion forces WKOI's channel on via must-carry over the national cable feed (like most markets, I don't expect qubo, Life or the infomercial pipe subchannels to be picked up).

They'll probably just use WDLI for Ion Life, just like WLWC.

And barely a soul will notice in reality.

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2018/06/07/video-small-fire-leads-to-evacuation-at-wway-new-studio/

They’ve been in their new building for about two months.

And now, and now, and now, and now for the big, big, big, big, big, big F!

• Like 4

If you think starting news at 4:00 p.m. is early, then try starting at 3:00 p.m. WBBH is the next station to do it. (I would use my Twitter but the account is locked out at the moment).

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1152328311576072

I think it’s a first in the Eastern Time Zone; the only other one I know of is WTMJ.

• Like 2

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic