Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

Hey, guys. Haven't posted in a while!

Anyway, here's another gem from WNWO in Toledo. All I can say is, this is what happens when you let people in one market (South Bend) produce the news segments for a station in another market (happens at the very beginning of clip, with the mention of Fox 6 in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA)....

Again, this is the late news on the NBC affiliate in Toledo, OH.

Thoughts????

I wouldn't be surprised if Sinclair bundled WNWO with a large chunk of their NBC affiliates in a group-wide affiliation pact. Otherwise NBC would be talking with Gray about moving (back) to a WTVG sub.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sinclair bundled WNWO with a large chunk of their NBC affiliates in a group-wide affiliation pact. Otherwise NBC would be talking with Gray and Raycom about moving (back) to a WTVG or a WTOL sub.

Fixed!

• Like 1

New M&A. Our lovely Eureka station is about to get a new owner.

KIEM 3 owners Pollack/Belz is selling the station to Bryan Brady (Redwood Television Partners) for $3.5M.

But wait a minute. Don't they currently own CBS station KVIQ?

But I find this interesting at the bottom of the paperwork.

The Assignee also owns television station KVIQ, Eureka, CA. Assignee is contemporaneously filing an application to assign that station.

So could this mean, they're going to "refile" a KVIQ app and apply for a failed station waiver? This would be a first if this happens.

• Like 1

New M&A. Our lovely Eureka station is about to get a new owner.

KIEM 3 owners Pollack/Belz is selling the station to Bryan Brady (Redwood Television Partners) for $3.5M.

But I find this interesting at the bottom of the paperwork.

So could this mean, they're going to "refile" a KVIQ app and apply for a failed station waiver? This would be a first if this happens.

That one is interesting. I thought it should've gone to a different company. Heartland perhaps so that it can have KIEM and KHSL/KNVN. Sinclair will soon have KRCR and KAEF as well as KCVU and KBVU.

• Like 2

That one is interesting. I thought it should've gone to a different company. Heartland perhaps so that it can have KIEM and KHSL/KNVN. Sinclair will soon have KRCR and KAEF as well as KCVU and KBVU.

Wow,

KRCR under Sinclair...

That should be real interesting for all those of the KRCR fandom. You can't just watch KRCR to get the feel of the market / community...

You have to go there and experience the area.

It's a different place far from the California most know of.

• Like 1

That's not going to work! Unless KVIQ goes off the air and is moved to 3.2 (which I believe is empty right now).

Another possibility is that KVIQ is sold to Heartland; tied to KHSL/KNVN and becomes a satellite of KHSL.

• Like 2

So follow-up. The assignee of the KVIQ app is not Redwood. It's a name we have not seen since the Hoak deal nearly four years ago.

Brady is selling KVIQ to Prime Cities Broadcasting (former owner of KNDX/KXND) for a measly $10K.

It also says on the purchase agreement that they have to apply for a new callsign by the deal's closing.

1.9 Call Sign. At or prior to closing, upon written notice from seller, Buyer and Seller will apply for a new call sign for the station and the current call sign (KVIQ) will be assigned to a station specified by seller.

This makes me think that CBS programming could be moving to either KIEM's sub or on an LP.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Sinclair bundled WNWO with a large chunk of their NBC affiliates in a group-wide affiliation pact. Otherwise NBC would be talking with Gray about moving (back) to a WTVG sub.

That's pretty much the same reason ABC has put up with KDNL this long.

• Like 2

That's pretty much the same reason ABC has put up with KDNL this long.

Are the legacy Fisher and Allbritton ABC affiliates now tied together with KDNL and the other Sinclair ABC affiliates? I'd be surprised if they weren't.

• Like 1

WKYC in Cleveland is going to start their morning news at 4am on September 5th. They will join WJW as one of only two stations in the market with an earlier start time.

[url=

][/url]

Are the legacy Fisher and Allbritton ABC affiliates now tied together with KDNL and the other Sinclair ABC affiliates? I'd be surprised if they weren't.

It looks like the last Sinclair ABC affiliation agreement did include the legacy Fishers stations but was done prior to them closing on the Allbritton stations.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/79636/sinclair-renews-multiple-abc-affiliations

Per the article, the remaining affiliation agreements still have some time left. I'm guessing that's including the Allbritton stations in that.

WTVG wouldn't be the only one called on at Gray. WCTV may be another possible target.

WKYC in Cleveland is going to start their morning news at 4am on September 5th. They will join WJW as one of only two stations in the market with an earlier start time.

Of course made possible by NBC moving up Early Today to start at 3:30am EST.

• Like 1

Taylor Grenda from WPBF is WBALs new meteorologist.

[MEDIA=instagram]BYNtEJdjyUR[/MEDIA]

• Like 2

Gray is suing a pair of internet comedians who duped WEAU's morning show (and others) with their fake strongman act Chop and Steele

I hope it goes to trial because I would love to hear why Gray thinks they were somehow damaged because of these very naughty boys.

I hope Gray realizes this was a "teachable moment" for it's show producers. They should all be required to watch these guys over and over again...until they learn.

Chop and Steele pulled this on many other stations, with most falling for the ruse. These Bozo's never really expected to get on TV, they expected to be shut down from the get-go.

But I must say...

It's some of the dumbest, yet funniest stuff I have ever seen.

Bravo Chop and Steele...bravo.

• Like 2

There appears to be some sort of broadcast that is simulcast across ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC. It's called EIF Presents: XQ Super School Live which airs Friday September 8 at 8PM.

Here's the description from their website:

FOR THE PAST 100 YEARS, AMERICA'S HIGH SCHOOLS

HAVE REMAINED VIRTUALLY UNCHANGED.

YET THE WORLD AROUND US HAS TRANSFORMED DRAMATICALLY.

IT'S TIME TO TURN THE AMERICAN SPIRIT OF INGENUITY TOWARDS OUR HIGH SCHOOLS AND COME TOGETHER AS A NATION TO GIVE OUR STUDENTS THE EDUCATION THEY DESERVE. WHICH IS WHY, ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, SOME OF THE BIGGEST NAMES IN ENTERTAINMENT WILL JOIN STUDENTS, PARENTS, EDUCATORS AND MORE FOR A MUST-SEE, LIVE TELEVISION EVENT.

EIF PRESENTS: XQ SUPER SCHOOL LIVE ON SEPT 8, 8/7 CENTRAL ON ABC, CBS, FOX AND NBC.

Sorry about the caps. I wasn't going to retype it so it was a copy paste job.

Gray is suing a pair of internet comedians who duped WEAU's morning show (and others) with their fake strongman act Chop and Steele

Gray is alleging fraud and conspiracy against these two, but it's obvious to anyone with a pulse that WEAU (or any of the other duped stations) didn't do any vetting whatsoever.

This lawsuit should be DOA.

• Like 2

BREAKING: KMSP is delivering a newscast at 7pm ct on sister station WFTC entitled Fox 9+ News at 7, set to debut on Sept. 18. The first newscasts since 2006. Although, it will air an encore presentation of Fox at 10.

• Like 1

Regarding Hurricane Harvey relief, I know a few media companies have already stepped up:

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/29/take-that-tegna-hearst-to-donate-up-to-2-million-bucks-for-relief

* Hearst is definitely the most generous by far, with a $1 million guaranteed corporate donation and matching individual donations up to an additional $1 million.

* Both Nexstar and Tegna are holding individual relief drives but are not quite as generous yet - Tegna will match up to $100,000 and Nexstar has not publicly announced any matching donations.

* No word from anyone else yet. While the article does single out Sinclair, to be fair none of the other companies have done anything that I am aware yet.