Out & About

TexasTVNews

Jay Barbree is retiring from NBC news - just short of 60 years covering space for the network. He started with the network in July 1568. He has covered every manned US space mission from Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center.

To be honest I thought he retired a long time ago based on the lack of space flight done in the US. In the past few years he's popped up a few times a year usually doing live hits from WESH. I honesty thought he was someone who was on retainer. Maybe this just means he's finally done with TV. However when SpaceX or Virgin Galactic take off in a few years time and he's still around I can't picture him not contributing to their coverage.

As an aside note I wonder if the permanent broadcast booths all the networks had and some Orlando affiliates at the Launch Complex 39 Press Site are still standing, leased or owned by the networks or operational.

• Like 2

I agree - I see more Northern Virginia suburban news on WDVM than I do on the other stations... Granted a lot of the stories are short SOT, but still better than what we get from 4/5/7/8/9/14/25/50...

J

Interesting - I now have 2 channel 811s:

The first 811 is HSNHD, and the second is WDVMHD - and both have the correct programs as listed in the guide...

Curious if this is happening in other parts of the market?

Also need to officially update the local DC-based stations news list: 4/5/7/8/9/14/20/25/50...

(If I throw in what I get over the air, it becomes: 2/4/5/7/8/9/11/11.2/13/14/20/25/45/50 - just not including the other 25 in the market - WDVM...)

Jim

Folks, I'm going to ask all of you who follow TVNT to send prayers and well wishes to WTHR's main anchor John Stehr. Stehr is taking a leave of absence

from the Indianapolis NBC affiliate and 13 Eyewitness News to recover from open heart surgery. Stehr made the announcement on Facebook that about his

diagnosis and departure.

All of us at TVNT send our prayers and get well wishes to John Stehr and to his family.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/indianapolis-anchor-takes-leave-of-absence/192273

• Like 3