Out & About

TexasTVNews

So apparently WMAR Chief Meteorologist Wyatt Everhart isn't on air anymore. His Twitter bio lists him as a show host / media consultant at WMAR while their website still lists him as Chief Meteorologist. This leaves WMAR with three meteorologists Mike Taylor at night and Lynette Charles in AM (also listed online as Chief Meteorologist) and Adrienne Green. I noticed this when I saw a weather promo featuring only Mike and Lynette.

So we now have details on what Wyatt Everharts new role will be at WMAR. He will be hosting a lifestyle show during WMAR's dayside lineup this fall and no other details on this new show was given. Wyatt will also be working behind the scenes in sales and production departments.

WMAR airs the following syndicated programs during the dayside: The Doctors, Rachel Ray, Right The Minute, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, T.D. Jakes and Harry.

I'm assuming it will take TD Jakes' slot as his show was cancelled. TD currently airs at 3PM.

Is it possible that The Now will be coming to Baltimore? Would The Now be considered a news show and isn't The Now scheduled adjacent to regular newscasts? If so WBAL would be the only station without a 4PM.

Where do you work/live bud? As of this posting, 811 is still HSN here in Ashburn (Loudoun County) .

I received additional word from WDVM on coverage and Comcast gave them the most bullshit excuse for not carrying them in Loudoun County. It’s mind boggling..WDVM actually provides a valuable service to loudoun..UNLIKE WMDE which they must carry..

Date: July 7, 2017 at 8:27:21 AM EDT

To: Eric Walker

Cc: Diane Biser <DBiser@localdvm.com>

Subject: RE: WHAG Programming Changes

Mr. Walker,

I do not have good news here. We are told by Comcast that they do not have the bandwith necessary to carry WDVM-TV in Loudoun County at this time. We will continue in our efforts.

WDVM-TV is available on Verizon FIOS and DISH Network in Loudoun County.

Hugh J Breslin, III

VP/General Manager

hbreslin@localdvm.com

• Like 2

Apparently WPLG aired blurred footage of an alligator eating the body of a missing student pilot in the Everglades. The studen took off on an unaccompanied flight on Sunday and the wreckage was found Wednesday. That was when the WPLG bird got the footage.

Seems to be in extremely poor taste.

Do the stations in Miami still share helicopters (save for WSVN)?

Apparently WPLG aired blurred footage of an alligator eating the body of a missing student pilot in the Everglades.

Seems to be in extremely poor taste...

The alligator would be the one to have the final say on taste...

(Oh please...it's a bad carnivore joke...you set me up.)

• Like 5

Former ABC affiliate in Macon, GA, WPGA, has filed for Chapter 11.

Who could have possibly predicted that a 4th rate station in market 125 dropping a major network affiliation over "moral grounds" could lead to bankruptcy

• Like 5

Apparently WPLG aired blurred footage of an alligator eating the body of a missing student pilot in the Everglades. The studen took off on an unaccompanied flight on Sunday and the wreckage was found Wednesday. That was when the WPLG bird got the footage.

Miami news in general is poor taste. WSVN is one of (if not) the highest rated English-language stations in Miami so all the other stations try to be like them with the sensationalism and the "if it bleeds, it leads" approach.

Wish I knew some Spanish because I'd rather watch WLTV or WSCV for news if I could.

I received additional word from WDVM on coverage and Comcast gave them the most bullshit excuse for not carrying them in Loudoun County. It’s mind boggling..WDVM actually provides a valuable service to loudoun..UNLIKE WMDE which they must carry..

Date: July 7, 2017 at 8:27:21 AM EDT

To: Eric Walker

Cc: Diane Biser <DBiser@localdvm.com>

Subject: RE: WHAG Programming Changes

Mr. Walker,

I do not have good news here. We are told by Comcast that they do not have the bandwith necessary to carry WDVM-TV in Loudoun County at this time. We will continue in our efforts.

WDVM-TV is available on Verizon FIOS and DISH Network in Loudoun County.

Hugh J Breslin, III

VP/General Manager

hbreslin@localdvm.com

What a load of crap, on Comcast's response. They don't want to upset the viewers of Sewing Channel 6 in HD...

Last go round of "Must Carry", I'm sure WHAG opted out, so as not to compete directly with WRC in DC itself. I wonder when they can force the issue?

I agree - I see more Northern Virginia suburban news on WDVM than I do on the other stations... Granted a lot of the stories are short SOT, but still better than what we get from 4/5/7/8/9/14/25/50...

J

What a load of crap, on Comcast's response. They don't want to upset the viewers of Sewing Channel 6 in HD...

Last go round of "Must Carry", I'm sure WHAG opted out, so as not to compete directly with WRC in DC itself. I wonder when they can force the issue?

I agree - I see more Northern Virginia suburban news on WDVM than I do on the other stations... Granted a lot of the stories are short SOT, but still better than what we get from 4/5/7/8/9/14/25/50...

J

Plus they can't use the market excuse either, since Hagerstown is part of the DC market...

Haven't you seen the original Jurassic Park?

• Like 1

Yes. Except for WSVN which has 7 Skyforce, WFOR, WTVJ and I believe even WLTV and WSCV share WPLG's Sky 10.

Miami news in general is poor taste. WSVN is one of (if not) the highest rated English-language stations in Miami so all the other stations try to be like them with the sensationalism and the "if it bleeds, it leads" approach.

Wish I knew some Spanish because I'd rather watch WLTV or WSCV for news if I could.

I know how you feel. I watch WSVN all the time and it is the highest rated of the English in Miami but overall is #2 behind WSCV. I hate WPLG for this reason that they're trying to copy everything that WSVN does. It bothers me. The only good thing that WPLG has is that they have DC and Havana bureaus that not even WSVN has. The rest is just copied from WSVN except for the set.

Meanwhile at WEWS long time anchor and former "Morning Exchange co host" Lee Jordan is retiring on July 28th. Was announced on her Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1360943330622169

http://www.news5cleveland.com/about-us/tv-legends-leon-bibb-and-lee-jordan-announce-plans-to-retire-from-news-5

To be fair, the Sewing Channel does have some captivating story telling. Mrs. Edna's show has reduced me to tears at how much she has uncovered in the raw & gritty world of competitive sewing.

• Like 2

To be fair, the Sewing Channel does have some captivating story telling. Mrs. Edna's show has reduced me to tears at how much she has uncovered in the raw & gritty world of competitive sewing.

No freaking way!

There's not really a sewing channel...

Is there?

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic