Out & About

TexasTVNews

Former WJBK reporter and "Crime Watch Daily" host Andrea Isom is joining WXYZ in Detroit as an Investigative Reporter... this gives them 5 reporters for that beat...

Well yaaaa.

They have 5 reporters on that beat because EVERYTHING in that market /community is always "Under Investigation".

The Local Goverment...

Under Investigation....

The Crime....

Under Investigation....

Water works...

Under Investigation...

Arson Fires.......

Etc.

What would we get if we googled "Detroit+ Investigation(s)"

Holy Body By Fisher!!!

Well yaaaa.

They have 5 reporters on that beat because EVERYTHING in that market /community is always "Under Investigation".

The Local Goverment...

Under Investigation....

The Crime....

Under Investigation....

Water works...

Under Investigation...

Arson Fires.......

Etc.

What would we get if we googled "Detroit+ Investigation(s)"

Holy Body By Fisher!!!

Hey... I like my Body By Fisher... :D

• Like 3

We have a new N.D. at WDAF-TV. We hired the former KTVU news director Dana McDaniel . She visited the station a few weeks ago.

I think Dana may be in for a little culture shock.

Try not to be too hard on her.

• Like 1

OJ Tropicana I mean Omar Jimenez of WBAL has released a music video entitled Ready For It. Features him in and around a live truck at various locations looking to go live. Unsurprisingly it looks like they either hid the logos or used an unmarked WBAL truck.

• Like 1

That's actually not too bad. I wonder how many journalists besides Robin Meade have singing/rapping careers.

What he did for Mother's Day last year.

[MEDIA=instagram]BUE9m26BMF5[/MEDIA]

• Like 3

Also in WJZ news they are loosing an anchor who has been with them for a few years. Said anchor is heading to KNTV for an AM and Mid Day anchoring position.

You can probably figure out who but since this was only posted on a Instagram I'll wait.

Also: Maybe it's just me but Baltimore seems like a market where people are more willing to stay in once they settle down roots (get married, having a family). If your young and single you'll likely move up the ranks.

• Like 1

ftvlive is reporting that KPNX weekend meteorologist Dr Matt Pace and KPNX Chief Investigative Reporter Wendy Halloran have been let go from the station. I thought Dr Matt Price was a solid meteorologist (although recently he had been copying James Quinones' lingo which sounds silly). Oh yes, and KPNX has replaced Dr Matt Pace with former Fox 10 reporter Kristen Keough, starting tomorrow.

• Like 1

Oh yes, and KPNX has replaced Dr Matt Pace with former Fox 10 reporter Kristen Keough, starting tomorrow.

Dr Matt should get off the wx set by sundown...

Kristen has guns and 2 (big) sisters....

...and they call the media liberal...kkguns.thumb.jpg.78b21f7255d9c846806c0da2eaf312b2.jpg

Also in WJZ news they are loosing an anchor who has been with them for a few years. Said anchor is heading to KNTV for an AM and Mid Day anchoring position.

You can probably figure out who but since this was only posted on a Instagram I'll wait.

Also: Maybe it's just me but Baltimore seems like a market where people are more willing to stay in once they settle down roots (get married, having a family). If your young and single you'll likely move up the ranks.

Can you give us a hint as to who's leaving. And I'm wonder the anchor leaving KNTV.

Here is a gem from WNWO in Toledo (courtesy of FTVLive). This is what happens when you let another station (WSBT in South Bend) produce the news segs while the weather segments are in Toledo....

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/6/13/do-you-not-listen

As if this wasn't bad enough, I have two other gems for you which are equally as bad.....

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/5/19/pay-attention

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/5/4/this-is-what-happens-when-you-farm-out-your-news

Here is a gem from WNWO in Toledo (courtesy of FTVLive). This is what happens when you let another station (WSBT in South Bend) produce the news segs while the weather segments are in Toledo....

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/6/13/do-you-not-listen

As if this wasn't bad enough, I have two other gems for you which are equally as bad.....

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/5/19/pay-attention

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/5/4/this-is-what-happens-when-you-farm-out-your-news

It probably wouldn't happen, but I would laugh if Gray were to acquire the NBC affiliation for another WTVG subchannel.

It probably wouldn't happen, but I would laugh if Gray were to acquire the NBC affiliation for another WTVG subchannel.

Anybody else feel terrible for the fairly good on her feet Meteorologist who keeps running into these rather mindless issues?

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic