Out & About

TexasTVNews

Former WTSP anchor Dion Lim talking to KGO:

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/4/4/former-tampa-anchor-spotted-talking-to-san-francisco-station

If offered a job wonder if she would replace Natasha on the morning shows or join Eric on weekend evenings?

Natasha has developed a pretty loyal and fierce set of fans...and KGO knows that.

• Like 2

Natasha has developed a pretty loyal and fierce set of fans...and KGO knows that.

I understand that social medias a big deal now a days. But how does a large following Tampa turn into high ratings in San Francisco.

I understand that social medias a big deal now a days. But how does a large following Tampa turn into high ratings in San Francisco.

Natasha has cult status....not sure what Dion Lim brings to the equation,

Where does in the article does it say anything about Natasha? For all we know, they could be looking to make changes on the PM newscasts. Or IIRC, doesn't Eric solo anchor on weekends? There's another spot for Dion

• Like 2

Natasha has cult status....not sure what Dion Lim brings to the equation,

Word.

When she was here in SD, the dudes would drool just by looking at her. Hell, Natasha caused an accident one time. I blame it on her goddess figure:

• Like 3

I doubt they wanna move Kristen or Ama so likely Dion will join Eric on weekend evenings (if offered a job).

It doesn't mention Natasha...but it should.

All hail Natasha...queen of whatever.

Honestly, I don't think they would want to touch the AM show. They spent all that time and got flak for blowing up the morning news team in favor of Reggie and Natasha. Why mess with a long-term project? I mean, there's a reason why they went with two unknowns in the market. Give it some time, since the other stations in town seem to be digging their own graves with all the instability. I mean, the only station that's really going to give them headaches is KNTV.

Word.

When she was here in SD, the dudes would drool just by looking at her. Hell, Natasha caused an accident one time. I blame it on her goddess figure:

Rich Lieberman definitely won't be starved for content on his blog.

• Like 2

KOVR forgot to take their news Bug off this morning during Let's Make a deal but then went into dead air for a while. i have no idea whats going on with them and CBS.

EDIT: this has never happened before. apparently during the price is right they showed nothing but this ID for the whole entire commercial break. it also slipped in the enforcer theme for a split second. isn't it rare to see a CBS station show an ID these days?

IMG_20170407_103258.thumb.jpg.255179ea4a096511feac58e763f122fd.jpg

• Like 2

Just looking at that (besides the picture of the TV screen), I can see a lot of misalignment. The CBS eye from the 13, the KOVR ID text is too far to the right...

On a far more serious note, the body of WCSH meteorologist Tom Johnston was found in Auburn, Maine after he had been reported missing since Monday. The police investigation is currently focusing on apparent suicide as the motive.

KOVR forgot to take their news Bug off this morning during Let's Make a deal but then went into dead air for a while. i have no idea whats going on with them and CBS.

EDIT: this has never happened before. apparently during the price is right they showed nothing but this ID for the whole entire commercial break. it also slipped in the enforcer theme for a split second. isn't it rare to see a CBS station show an ID these days?

[ATTACH=full]3822[/ATTACH]

Sounds like an old fashioned meltdown in the control room.

Its rare for ANY station to show an ID like that these days. Not just CBS ones, but with any affiliation. PERIOD.

Sounds like an old fashioned meltdown in the control room.

Yup...

And the activated the OSS

(the)

Oh

Shit

Slide

Cuz they used to be on 35mm slides ready to go in the tele-cine carousal. Usually the words "oh shit" were spoken just before this slide was taken to air.

(That should keep the youngsters busy on google for a few minutes.)

Its rare for ANY station to show an ID like that these days. Not just CBS ones, but with any affiliation. PERIOD.

yeah KTXL and KCRA occasionally does it. (KCRA uses news reporters in their ID sometimes but only from and to NBC Programming.) as far as networks go they don't because theyr'e all promos now.

on a serious note i know nexstar stations are using helicopter footage when there's breaking news but some stations with news broadcasts are using Facebook live now. I've only seen this with CBS O&Os.

Beginning April 17th, WOFL will air NewsEdge 11@11, that will feature news & weather for 11 minutes commercial-free. Then at 11:15, the station will air a 15-regional sports highlight show Fox 35 SportsZone.

I think other FOX stations with 90 minutes of news at night would do well to adopt this format. They could even highlight college and high school sports to fill the time.

• Like 2

I thought there was no need for standby slides these days.

• Like 1

KRIV/Houston main anchor Melinda Spaulding just announced on social media that she's stepping down from the 5 and 9 p.m. newscasts to spend more time with her family.

[MEDIA=twitter]851553363573432320[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

KRIV/Houston main anchor Melinda Spaulding just announced on social media that she's stepping down from the 5 and 9 p.m. newscasts to spend more time with her family.

[MEDIA=twitter]851553363573432320[/MEDIA]

"Spending more time with family..."

That joke writes itself.

Her family was never important in the past?

How is she sure they want to spend time with HER after all these years of total neglect?

Will she just be "That lady that was on TeeVee'? to her family?

What if she doesn't really have ANY family?

OK...

Pets count....just don't play production music all day for them.

• Like 4

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic