Out & About

TexasTVNews

Diana Diaz and Christine Cruz are still holding ship with Alex De Armas anchoring at times. Vivan Gonzalez has the 7 Weather and Stephen J. Gray and Laura Lane team up for 7 FastTrak Traffic.

They also have Omar Lewis and Lorena Estrada (anchors of the weekend morning newscast) reporting in the morning, throughout the week.

Ashley Jones has left WSVN and I had no idea until looking at her FB page just now and apparently, she left in August.

Which means the 4:00, 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30pm slot left by Danielle hasn't still been filled and Jeff Lennox has been filling-in in the meantime. And ever since former 'SVN-er Charles Billi left the station, Lynn has anchored with Reid Lamberty, some anchor after him in which I forgot and Danielle Knox.

It was Mike Marusarz (known as Mike Marza when he was at WSVN) who co-anchored with Lynn Martinez. He now co-anchors the 5 & 10 pm newscasts at KSHB in Kansas City, MO with his wife former WFOR morning anchor Rhiannon Ally. Mike also co-anchors the 6 pm newscast with Christa Dubill. As for Lynn's new co-anchor just give it to Jeff Lenox.

WGCL is returning to a Weekend Morning Newscast again... Details unknown at this time. also they are adding ANOTHER Met./Morning Reporter. the anchor will come from the current pool of talent at the station. Also either Jim Kosek or Jim Losnicka are fixing to leave. Hoping it is Jim that is leaving, his presentation just doesn't fit this station and it's direction anymore. Jim Losnicka would be a better choice. a great broadcaster and very knowledgeable about the technical terms of the weather. Time will tell over on 14th st.

• Like 3

It was Mike Marusarz (known as Mike Marza when he was at WSVN) who co-anchored with Lynn Martinez. He now co-anchors the 5 & 10 pm newscasts at KSHB in Kansas City, MO with his wife former WFOR morning anchor Rhiannon Ally. Mike also co-anchors the 6 pm newscast with Christa Dubill. As for Lynn's new co-anchor just give it to Jeff Lenox.

Oh yeah, that's right... Reid, then Mike Marza, then Danielle Knox and possibly soon... calling Jeff Lennox at 4:00, 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30pm.

For now, he's still weekend anchor with Robbin Simmons, who's been anchoring weekends for at least 15 years now at 'SVN.

'SVN is the station that's home to longtimers in the market... Nerey, Stevens, Martinez, Simmons, Ferro, Shapiro, DiPasquale, Campbell, Cameron, Gonzalez, Diaz, Cruz, Fraiser, Linsalata, Lowe... I can keep going and going.

• Like 4

Oh yeah, that's right... Reid, then Mike Marza, then Danielle Knox and possibly soon... calling Jeff Lennox at 4:00, 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30pm.

For now, he's still weekend anchor with Robbin Simmons, who's been anchoring weekends for at least 15 years now at 'SVN.

'SVN is the station that's home to longtimers in the market... Nerey, Stevens, Martinez, Simmons, Ferro, Shapiro, DiPasquale, Campbell, Cameron, Gonzalez, Diaz, Cruz, Fraiser, Linsalata, Lowe... I can keep going. and going.

That is true. But there are also some longtimers at other stations in South Florida

WTVJ: Trina Robinson and Jackie Nespral

WPLG: Todd Tongen (Was there in 1989 and hired off on Ann Bishop's Suggestion) and also Kristi Kreuger (guess you could put hmmm Laurie Jennings to the list who came back after WSVN)

WFOR: Poor Poor Elliot and I think Al Sunhine. Maybe Barry

I can see Rhonda do the 4 and 6 and Kimberly the 5 and 11. How long has Rhonda been doing mornings anyway?

Kimberly Gill was hired to replace Carmen and Carmen has been doing scaled back hours for a couple years. Never a question or contest for her replacement over there.

• Like 2

That is true. But there are also some longtimers at other stations in South Florida

WPLG: Todd Tongen (Was there in 1989 and hired off on Ann Bishop's Suggestion) and also Kristi Kreuger (guess you could put hmmm Laurie Jennings to the list who came back after WSVN)

Add Willard Shepard and Ari Odzer, both came in the early 90's for WTVJ

Al Sunshine retired in 2013.

WFOR has Hank Tester (ex-TVJer) and Peter D'Oench (WSVN 78-82, WPLG 89-04) though.

Then there's Michael Putney at PLG.

• Like 5

I'm going to need FTVLive to get it right. WIAT is not WOIO sister station (unless they are referencing them both being CBS affiliates) because WBRC is owned by Raycom...

The other thing these stations have in common is they're both circling the drain. However Nexstar may actually do WIAT a favor and whatever is going on at WEWS will bump up WOIO....

• Like 6

The other thing these stations have in common is they're both circling the drain. However Nexstar may actually do WIAT a favor and whatever is going on at WEWS will bump up WOIO....

Yeah I agree. When WEWS used to owned the market, and WOIO is looking better then there's a problem. 4th place is where WEWS should get used to.

Yeah I agree. When WEWS used to owned the market, and WOIO is looking better then there's a problem. 4th place is where WEWS should get used to.

I agree. There's nothing to draw anyone to WEWS anymore, whereas WOIO at least has the Sony game shows and CBS.

• Like 3

WGCL is returning to a Weekend Morning Newscast again... Details unknown at this time. also they are adding ANOTHER Met./Morning Reporter. the anchor will come from the current pool of talent at the station. Also either Jim Kosek or Jim Losnicka are fixing to leave. Hoping it is Kosek that is leaving, his presentation just doesn't fit this station and it's direction anymore. Jim Losnicka would be a better choice. a great broadcaster and very knowledgeable about the technical terms of the weather. Time will tell over on 14th st.

EDIT: Jim Loznicka has left WGCL as of this week. Kosek remains... for now. also Meghan Packer's name has been floated around as a Weekend Morning Anchor. nothing known about who will do weather as of now

WKYC easily can slide into a solid 2nd place and make serious gains at the expense of WEWS. Should WOIO rise to third place, it will be due to inertia.