Out & About

TexasTVNews

KTLA just came back on air. Their in studio background monitor is showing a sky blue color, and the anchor shot is poor in quality, definitely not HD. Newsroom and live shot quality is normal HD. Several monitors aren't working as well as the newsroom teleprompter isn't working.

Capture.JPG.51e66bc629d58cd950bd5c5dfdacbf43.JPG

There's a new chief meteorologist at CBS 11 (KTVT) and his name is Scott Padgett. Five months after Larry Mowry left for Chicago (WLS-TV), the station decided that instead of a nationwide search for Larry's replacement; they chose Scott to take the helm as lead weatherman for the stations 5, 6 & 10PM newscasts. Padgett joined KTVT three years ago this month as the new morning meteorologist replacing Garry Seith (now at KSDK).

http://www.unclebarky.com/dfw_files/4969c8e3761dce91a455e7657a022d91-3768.html

Congrats. He's a friend of mines and I'm glad CBS hired within with him.

• Like 1

Probably don't mean that much to some, but there will be CW affiliation switches in five markets this Monday.

• Savannah, GA (WGSA 35.1 to WSAV 3.2)
  • Cedar Rapids, IA (KWKB 20.1 to KWWL 7.2)
  • Alexandria, LA (KBCA 41.1 to KALB 5.3)
  • Fargo, ND (WDAY 6.2/WDAZ 8.2 to KXJB-LD 30.2)
  • Madison, WI (WBUW 57.1 to WMTV 15.2)

As replacements, KWKB is switching to This TV, WDAY-DT2 is switching to the Justice Network. WBUW & WGSA will be going indie. In primetime, WBUW will air TMZ Live & Dr. Phil. While WGSA will air a double run of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

Not sure of what KBCA is replacing in primetime.

Out of curiosity do the different network O&O's have a dedicated Washington correspondent serving the O&O stations only? I'm thinking something like the bureau reporter/teams that Scripps, Hearst, Sinclair and Cox have. Or do the O&Os have to duke it out with the entire affiliate base if they want a live report?

I would assume they would get O&O correspondents from their respective network news (i.e. NBC Today/Nightly News, GMA, etc) -- I know that WOOD-TV (even though they are not O&O) tend to interview/talk to a lot of NBC News national correspondents when major things happen.. So I would assume the same applies to the O&Os?? Just my educated guess...

A few reporter changes at WXYZ:

- Jane Park left WXYZ in June to be a full time mother. She had been there since 2014.

- Camille Amiri left for WJBK in June. She also came in 2014 (second stint at 7). This is her second stint at FOX 2.

Gino Vicci has joined WXYZ from WNEM in Saginaw. His debut was last Thursday. He had been at WNEM since 2012 and was a producer at WDIV before that.

• Like 2

why didn't they air fox news sunday at 9am from the start?

WSVN loves to pre-empt programming and FNS was no exception. It aired Monday Mornings at 4:00am prior to moving this. And now with FNS airing at 9:00am, TIF Sunday now airs in two blocks: 8:00-9:00 and 10:00-11:00am.

But if you ask me, it should've been shifted to 7:00-10:00am so that FNS can air at 10:00am.

• Like 2

WSVN loves to pre-empt programming and FNS was no exception. It aired Monday Mornings at 4:00am prior to moving this. And now with FNS airing at 9:00am, TIF Sunday now airs in two blocks: 8:00-9:00 and 10:00-11:00am.

But if you ask me, it should've been shifted to 7:00-10:00am so that FNS can air at 10:00am.

My thoughts exactly, it would make more sense to air it at 10 after their morning news.

• Like 1

how did fox let them get away with it for so long

• Like 1

how did fox let them get away with it for so long

Lack of (viable) English Language options for the market, and that WSVN is one of Fox's strongest stations. Where else would Fox go in the market? WPLG is happy with ABC, with the remaining English stations being O&O's (lumping WSFL in b/c of Tribune's ownership of The WB+ their now-expired agreement with The CW). None of the Spanish operators would sell in Miami, since it is a market where Spanish TV outrates, or is on par with their English Counterparts.

Lack of (viable) English Language options for the market, and that WSVN is one of Fox's strongest stations. Where else would Fox go in the market? WPLG is happy with ABC, with the remaining English stations being O&O's (lumping WSFL in b/c of Tribune's ownership of The WB+ their now-expired agreement with The CW). None of the Spanish operators would sell in Miami, since it is a market where Spanish TV outrates, or is on par with their English Counterparts.

Described it exactly right. Spanish is on par with English and WSVN usually likes to pre-empt FOX programming (except primetime) on weekends. Sometimes, they would delay a Bundesliga match from FOX and put it after FOX's Saturday late night programming.

FNS was at 4:00am on Monday mornings for more than a decade, maybe 15+ years from my recalls with research and TV listings and living here all my life.

Described it exactly right. Spanish is on par with English and WSVN usually likes to pre-empt FOX programming (except primetime) on weekends. Sometimes, they would delay a Bundesliga match from FOX and put it after FOX's Saturday late night programming.

FNS was at 4:00am on Monday mornings for more than a decade, maybe 15+ years from my recalls with research and TV listings and living here all my life.

Not to mention that WSVN started the trend of not clearing Fox Kids in 1993, which was later done by New World stations and caused them to lose the SatAM wars to Kids' WB.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic