Out & About

TexasTVNews

I wish, but no because the line of scrimmage is an invisible line and only appears in broadcasts of football games. Hasnt stopped commercials from featuring someone lifting the line of scrimmage and putting it farther back

Even a grumpy old salt like me thinks that's pretty badass.

But if they accidentally fly over an NFL game do they get the line of scrimmage in the shot?

Eat just meant that if the helicopters mapping system is so hi tech that it would automatically insert the correct line of scrimmage on screen.

• Like 3

Same set as before, only with an array of monitors as a backdrop.

Yes, and it's unlikely that KFOR will get a new set until the new building is constructed. I should have elaborated that what Wes Milbourne inferred was that preparations were ongoing at the site of the new facility in the lead-up to the start of the main construction process. So it took almost two years to get construction on the new KFOR/KAUT building to even begin.

• Like 1

Yes, and it's unlikely that KFOR will get a new set until the new building is constructed. I should have elaborated that what Wes Milbourne inferred was that preparations were ongoing at the site of the new facility in the lead-up to the start of the main construction process. So it took almost two years to get construction on the new KFOR/KAUT building to even begin.

Maybe it was the current set/building's way of telling KFOR to hurry the heck up with the new building.. Could be a giant fire trap before too long :-P

• Like 1

Maybe it was the current set/building's way of telling KFOR to hurry the heck up with the new building.. Could be a giant fire trap before too long :p

OOOOKAY, odd use of that emoji to follow that rib. But since no one got hurt in this incident, they did have a little levity with the thing on Wednesday's edition of KAUT's Rise and Shine, actually playing "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel at one point during the show.

Well, it looks like Ruben Galvan has returned to San Diego and resumed his position at XETV. Saw him reporting from Comic Con this morning. I had also seen marching in the pride parade on Saturday but I didn't think anything of it. Jim Patton and Lynda Martin also marched.

• Like 1

Well, it looks like Ruben Galvan has returned to San Diego and resumed his position at XETV. Saw him reporting from Comic Con this morning. I had also seen marching in the pride parade on Saturday but I didn't think anything of it. Jim Patton and Lynda Martin also marched.

So can we all assume Ruben has completed his "self discovery" tour?

What a crock of doo doo.

Galvan is lucky as hell XETV is taking him back.

• Like 2

Good news: A major job opening has been filled at WAGA!

Bad news: It's not Stephany Fisher (yet!), but Alyse Eady is coming from Little Rock to succeed Gurvir Dhindsa on Good Day Atlanta: http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2016/07/21/alyse-eady-takes-gurvir-dhindsas-spot-on-good-day-atlanta/

But I know very, very soon, Fox 5 will finally make the announcement all of Atlanta's been waiting for for a full year now.

KHOU 11 News reporter Kevin Reece who spent nine years at the Houston's CBS affiliate is joining WFAA. Reece will fill the spot vacated by video journalist/feature reporter Mike Castellucci, who left WFAA for Michigan State University.

http://www.unclebarky.com/dfw_files/828d6ca233d7c22ef06b13b518153996-3729.html

KSWB FOX 5 San Diego anchor Erica Fox will be leaving the station at the end of the week. She will be moving to Louisville, Kentucky to be closer to her husband and family. No word on who will replace her on the news at 9 am and 1pm.

Former WBAL and WBFF anchor Marianne Bannister's "Claire Marie Foundation" she created after her daughter died of adolescent melanoma got a PSA done by the cast of The Big Bang Theory. One of her relatives in California ran into their producers and they were touched with her story and decided to do something about it. You can view the PSA here: http://clairemariefoundation.org/

Kimi Evans, formerly of KFMB and XETV just popped up during the 11am news on KNSD. I'm not sure if she is freelancing or is a permanent part of the weather team. Interesting to note that the midday anchors/weather anchor are off the midday show today.

She just popped up again on the 5p. She doesn't look as hot on Ch-39....she looks tired....and the dress is not doing her any favors.

Bummer.

She just popped up again on the 5p. She doesn't look as hot on Ch-39....she looks tired....and the dress is not doing her any favors.

Bummer.

Well, she's no Dagmar Midcap...That's for sure. IDK, everytime I see her on KNSD, she seems out of place. It's not because I was used to seeing her on 8, but her presentation/personality just doesn't mesh with the dry-ish personalities over at NBC.

apparently things are worse for WMGT then i thought,

First Morning Met. Marco LA Manno left 2 months ago to go to SNN in Sarasota, FL Kristen Kennedy is his replacement

then Chief Meteorologist Chris Simmons Left 2 Weeks ago, No Replacement has been named

then just last week, 2 days before Taylor Terrell's death, Weekend Anchor/Reporter Alexa Rodriguez is leaving for a station in Greenville-spartanburg SC in August. (WHNS is that Station)

Plus their Longtime Chief Photographer Robert Hughes Died last month

http://www.41nbc.com/2016/06/27/longtime-41nbc-chief-photographer-dies/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Tough Times indeed for WMGT. plus right now, they are WAY Under Staffed then Most Small Market Stations Right now. 3 News Anchors (1 Morning and 2 Evening), 1 Full Time Reporter, 2 Mets. (Mornings and Weekends) and 1 Sports Anchor/Reporter

DCRTV reports that longtime WUSA 9 morning anchor Andrea Roane has been demoted from the morning and noon news, to strictly doing the noon news.

As a DC native, this one really pisses me off. I grew up watching her originally on the 6 and 11pm news with Gordon Peterson, later moving to mornings with Mike "Buck" Buchanan, later Mike Walter, and I was so happy to see her again when I came back home for good last spring.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic