Out & About

TexasTVNews

Well, it looks like Erin Coleman is leaving WSB, according to a post on her Facebook page. She says with one young child and another on the way, she wanted to move back to her hometown in Philadelphia. One wonders if she's "moving closer to her world". Any speculation who her replacement may be? Now, I know there's been lots of talk about Stefany Fisher going to Fox 5, but this could be a viable opening for her as well.

As far as talent within, my initial guess was Wendy Carona (maybe even Sophia Choi). I think Wendy Carona and Craig Lucie used to anchor together on weekend evenings before he got promoted to take John Bachman's place.

• Like 2

WFAA Meteorologist Ashton Altieri is leaving the ABC station after three years at the end of August. According to Carolyn Mungo, News Director at WFAA

said that Altieri is leaving to return home to Denver where his wife received a "wonderful promotion". In my opinion, Altieri might heading to 9NEWS (KUSA/NBC).

Source: UncleBarky (D/FW TV Critic Ed Bark)

http://www.unclebarky.com/dfw_files/0bcdde1c512c40e3f5a2df38aa87d552-3707.html

• Like 1

More likely she'll become an "eyewitness" to news on CBS3 or you can "count on it" that she'll appear on NBC10. They have anchor vacancies whereas 6ABC is "action"-packed with anchors.

She maybe headed to 6ABC but unlikely unless someone is leaving to go to the network. My guess is she is headed to NBC10 either as weekend evening anchor or 4pm& 6pm co anchor to replace Renee Chenault Fattah.

A couple of departures from WATN in Memphis:

- Meteorologist Lauren Raymer has left to take a position at the Memphis Oral School for the Deaf. Her last day was June 24th.

- Sports anchor Gil Tyree is no longer at the station as of this week. One of his final appearances on air was covering and doing play-by-play for the Memphis Tigers' Basketball Alumni Game last weekend.

• Like 2

Well, it looks like Erin Coleman is leaving WSB, according to a post on her Facebook page. She says with one young child and another on the way, she wanted to move back to her hometown in Philadelphia. One wonders if she's "moving closer to her world". Any speculation who her replacement may be? Now, I know there's been lots of talk about Stefany Fisher going to Fox 5, but this could be a viable opening for her as well.

No way in hell we'll see Stephany Fisher at WSB!

Speaking of which...it's been a full year now, and still, not a single peep from her on either Twitter or Facebook about possibly heading to Fox 5 (even after I tried dropping some hints including how she'll be more "dedicated, determined, dependable" than ever).

No way in hell we'll see Stephany Fisher at WSB!

Speaking of which...it's been a full year now, and still, not a single peep from her on either Twitter or Facebook about possibly heading to Fox 5 (even after I tried dropping some hints including how she'll be more "dedicated, determined, dependable" than ever).

Maybe Lisa Rayam, going to WSB, but Stephany Fisher joining FOX 5 has been speculation, so at this moment until a press release, or somebody close to any camp has any info it just speculation.

She maybe headed to 6ABC but unlikely unless someone is leaving to go to the network. My guess is she is headed to NBC10 either as weekend evening anchor or 4pm& 6pm co anchor to replace Renee Chenault Fattah.

Erin Coleman going WCAU, it probably true, but if they're trying to save money why not have Jacqueline London anchor all the newscast on WCAU? 4,5,6,11? I guess that unheard in a top 10 market?

• Like 3

A couple of departures from WATN in Memphis:

- Meteorologist Lauren Raymer has left to take a position at the Memphis Oral School for the Deaf. Her last day was June 24th.

- Sports anchor Gil Tyree is no longer at the station as of this week. One of his final appearances on air was covering and doing play-by-play for the Memphis Tigers' Basketball Alumni Game last weekend.

Tyree lost his son recently (his son played football at my alma mater). I wonder if that had anything to do with his departure.

• Like 2

After serving 19 years as WVEC's morning meteorologist, Craig Moeller is leaving the station for his hometown. He's been hired as chief meteorologist at KSDK in St. Louis.

http://www.13newsnow.com/entertainment/television/13news-nows-craig-moeller-to-become-chief-meteorologist-in-st-louis/261603864

I always pictured Craig to be the heir apparent for Jeff if/when he decides to call it quits. Glad to see he's moving to a WELL-DESERVED Chief spot though. With that being said,

1. Since Craig is the last of the original team on Daybreak, it'll be fun to see the send-off. Hopefully he gets one as big as Lasalle did (considering Lasalle just moved to the afternoons on the same station.)

2. The game of the replacements begins. Iisha to pull 7-days a week of mornings? Or will Evan move out of the shadows and into daytime television...or will we see Jim Lawrence out of retirement (a stretch)...

• Like 2

2. The game of the replacements begins. Iisha to pull 7-days a week of mornings? Or will Evan move out of the shadows and into daytime television...or will we see Jim Lawrence out of retirement (a stretch)...

I'd bet someone new will be hired to fill the spot. As for freelancers... Jim Lawrence, Cheryl Nelson, Karen Jones, or even Julie Wilcox could step in temporarily on the weekend while Evan or Iisha do Daybreak for a little while.

Speaking of stations short in the weather department, I know Chris Still has been called in to work for WSAV temporarily, as they are down to 2 mets (with 2 openings). He lost his position with WAGT when it was absorbed by Gray into WRDW, but I think remains employed by Media General.

• Like 5

KFMB has finally updated their Chopper 8 "beauty shots" for their helicopter opens. Here's one of the several fast shots they show.

And no, this isn't another KFMB "rumor." Back to your regular scheduled programming.

SavedImage_20160704_112617_05.thumb.jpg.ec4a7fb489800a36b1e7c72c20b84b1c.jpg

"ATX Uncensored(ish)" -- a comedy newscast that had been airing on CW affiliate KNVA in Austin -- has been canceled. The show didn't even make it a year. The timing -- just before Nexstar is set to finalize the Media General merger -- is interesting.

http://tvradio.blog.austin360.com/2016/07/01/the-cw-austin-cancels-atx-uncensoredish/

• Like 1

WHAT?! I can't envision Lisa Rayam on WSB; if anything else, her next move may be radio (V-103 could give her a show on Sunday afternoons opposite Monica Pearson's on Kiss 104).

Radio, in Atlanta, Yes, I can see that, but V-103, NO! Staff too heavy, and CBS is getting out of radio I see more cuts @ V, I don't see that happening. I see her going to any of the (3) outlets in TV, or radio, PR. Idk, just speculating-

• Like 1

"ATX Uncensored(ish)" -- a comedy newscast that had been airing on CW affiliate KNVA in Austin -- has been canceled. The show didn't even make it a year. The timing -- just before Nexstar is set to finalize the Media General merger -- is interesting.

http://tvradio.blog.austin360.com/2016/07/01/the-cw-austin-cancels-atx-uncensoredish/

A 'comedy newscast'?!? Sounds like something that would make KDAF's Newsfix seem like Masterpiece Theatre in comparison.

Thanks for that... Now I can remember to live stream his first newscast back home

A 'comedy newscast'?!? Sounds like something that would make KDAF's Newsfix seem like Masterpiece Theatre in comparison.

It was part "Weekend Update", part morning zoo roundtable riffing, part sponsored segments. I'm pretty sure that the only reason it existed is because they don't want to go from a full hour on KNVA at 9:00 straight into KXAN at 10:00 without a chance to reset (even though they do 2 1/2 hours on KXAN straight into 2 hours on KNVA in the morning.)