Out & About

TexasTVNews

It looks like some more folks are taking that buyout.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution states that WXIA's weekend anchor Keith Whitley, educational reporter Donna Lowry and reporter Kevin Rowson are taking Tegna buyouts.

It also stated that four photographers at the station are also taking buyouts.

And longtime KHOU reporter Doug Miller is also taking a buyout, too.

Big shakeup coming at WVEC?

VARTV is reporting longtime WVEC reporters Joe Flanagan and Velma Scaife have accepted an early retirement package from Tegna (Flanagan's been at the station for 32 years; Scaife for 30)

[MEDIA=twitter]719932156210999296[/MEDIA]

WJTV in Jackson has started a weekday 4 p.m. newscast. I haven't noticed it mentioned on this website, and I am just noticing it on television, so I am guessing it just debuted in the past few weeks. WLBT has had a newscast from 4-5 p.m. for several years now. WAPT has had a newsbrief between Ellen and Judge Judy at 4 p.m. for several years.

WJTV's newscast airs from 4-4:30 p.m. and is anchored by Terrance Friday.

KICU in San Francisco appears to have re-branded, based on this Twitter pic.

Cf84VoaUsAAURIv.jpg

I thought that was an It Came From The D Block joke.

Woah. I thought this was a joke too. Apparently not.

I still think it's a joke. Who's Twitter posted it? Link?

Why wouldn't they put KTVU Plus on 2.2? Wouldn't other FOX O&Os follow suit?

Is it someone's photoshop? My apologies if it is. It looked like someone took a photo of their TV with their phone. I saw on Twitter, but not from Lieberman.

As far as I know it's real...and starts Apr 25th.

It looks like some more folks are taking that buyout.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution states that WXIA's weekend anchor Keith Whitley, educational reporter Donna Lowry and reporter Kevin Rowson are taking Tegna buyouts.

It also stated that four photographers at the station are also taking buyouts.

Wonder who will Anchor Weekend Evenings now... Valerie Hoff is the 1st name that comes to mind, maybe Blayne or even Jeremy Campbell or could possibly somebody outta left field or a new hire like WSB and WGCL always seem to do?

Also they know if they offered Jon Shriek the buyout and he took it, Doug Richards would be right behind him probably, Richards came in 2007 after 21 yrs. at WAGA Fox5

Also note that Business/Consumer Editor/Help Desk Reporter Bill Liss was also eligible but Declined and will Continue to work for 11Alive for atleast to near future.

Jon Shriek(1979), Jerry Carnes(1986), Brenda Wood(1997), Chris Holcomb(1990), Jaye Watson(1999), Valerie Hoff (1999) and Jennifer Leslie (1998) were not offered but were eligible for the Buyout

• Like 1

Jon Shriek(1979), Jerry Carnes(1986), Brenda Wood(1997), Chris Holcomb(1990), Jaye Watson(1999), Valerie Hoff (1999) and Jennifer Leslie (1998) were not offered but were eligible for the Buyout

Of all those people, Shirek is the only one at 11 Alive who joined while it was still an ABC station (for at least one more year)?! WAGA has Morse Diggs, Randy Travis, and Dale Russell who've all been there since its CBS days.

Could "Fox 5 News Weekend with Deidra Dukes and Keith Whitney" be far behind?

• Like 5

[MEDIA=vimeo]161709192[/MEDIA]

Could this be a sign Fox is going to put KICU in the spectrum auction? Of all the SF stations, it has one of the highest values on the FCC list. KTVU Plus on 2.2 or 2.3 makes way more sense than KTVU Plus on 36, IMHO. Seems like that'd be confusing to viewers.