Out & About

TexasTVNews

WXII, KETV, WCVB, WLWT, WLKY, WBAL, WMUR, WPTZ and WGAL are the ones that broadcasts local news on their MeTV subchannels. WTAE broadcasts their 7:00pm weeknight newscast on their This TV subchannel.

Btw, what a surprise for KCCI to do this on Me-TV and not on their MyTV subchannel which is also home to H&I.

Maybe their agreement with MyTV/ H&I doesn't provide an out - MeTV's standard agreement allows certain time frames to be preempted.

It's been heavily-speculated here, but now it's official.

TVNewsCheck posted minutes ago that WDCW will have a new 10pm newscast beginning April 18th.

The new 10pm newscast will be produced out of Richmond's WTVR, with reporters & multimedia journalists being based out of DC. The anchor will be WTVR's 6 & 11pm anchor Candace Burns.

I hope this works out for them. WTVR is a great station (living in Fredericksburg I get DC and RVA channels) and I think if this is promoted right, it could impact FOX5 eventually.

• Like 1

According to FTVLive, Those voluntary buyouts are companywide.

yeah, 11 Alive is in some trouble RN, plus their ratings are getting worse, CBS 46 News has a Better Product now and as soon as CBS 46 Gets their Syndicate Sch. Straighten out, Bad things are gonna happen for 11 alive going forward

yeah, 11 Alive is in some trouble RN, plus their ratings are getting worse, CBS 46 News has a Better Product now and as soon as CBS 46 Gets their Syndicate Sch. Straighten out, Bad things are gonna happen for 11 alive going forward

It doesn't matter if 11Alive goes #4 or CBS 46 goes #3, the top 2 will always be WSB at #1 and WAGA at #2. They are just too good for 11Alive or CBS 46 to even pass them.

It doesn't matter if 11Alive goes #4 or CBS 46 goes #3, the top 2 will always be WSB at #1 and WAGA at #2. They are just too good for 11Alive or CBS 46 to even pass them.

Honestly i think in some ways CBS 46 is better than even WAGA Fox 5, Mainly in the Mornings and Noon. Solid and Consistent in their Presentation. Good God, Cant even watch GoodDay Atlanta Anymore, SO Disorganized!!! CBS 46's Problem is their Program Lineup is Horrible!! Their Syndication Lineup consists of; The 700 Club at 9:00 A.M. Locally Produced Atlanta Plugged-In at 12:30 p.m. Infomercials from 1:00-1:30 p.m. and Inside Edition and The Insider from 7:00-8:00 p.m.

• Like 3

Honestly i think in some ways CBS 46 is better than even WAGA Fox 5, Mainly in the Mornings and Noon. Solid and Consistent in their Presentation. Good God, Cant even watch GoodDay Atlanta Anymore, SO Disorganized!!! CBS 46's Problem is their Program Lineup is Horrible!! Their Syndication Lineup consists of; The 700 Club at 9:00 A.M. Locally Produced Atlanta Plugged-In at 12:30 p.m. Infomercials from 1:00-1:30 p.m. and Inside Edition and The Insider from 7:00-8:00 p.m.

That is a huge problem. But imagine if The 700 Club was gone in favor of more morning news at 9:00am, Atlanta Plugged-In was gone for an expansion of the noon news, Informercials would be gone for maybe The Insider at 1:00 and finally, Inside Edition moving to 7:30 after CBS 46 News at 7:00 (if they do decided to go there because after all, 11Alive no longer does it).

But another problem that I see is that because WGNX joined CBS at a time when WGNX's news department was very small and barely got enough traction, it caused a ratings freefall because then, more and more people were only sticking to WAGA when it became FOX because of continued news in several timeslots. Yes, more watched WSB but more and more switched to WAGA when the switch happened.

In summary... WGNX joined CBS when their news department and ratings were too small. And even if CBS is America's Most-Watched Network, it still hasn't helped WGCL to this day at all. That's my theory but I may be wrong.

That is a huge problem. But imagine if The 700 Club was gone in favor of more morning news at 9:00am, Atlanta Plugged-In was gone for an expansion of the noon news, Informercials would be gone for maybe The Insider at 1:00 and finally, Inside Edition moving to 7:30 after CBS 46 News at 7:00 (if they do decided to go there because after all, 11Alive no longer does it).

But another problem that I see is that because WGNX joined CBS at a time when WGNX's news department was very small and barely got enough traction, it caused a ratings freefall because then, more and more people were only sticking to WAGA when it became FOX because of continued news in several timeslots. Yes, more watched WSB but more and more switched to WAGA when the switch happened.

In summary... WGNX joined CBS when their news department and ratings were too small. And even if CBS is America's Most-Watched Network, it still hasn't helped WGCL to this day at all. That's my theory but I may be wrong.

Some of that not so much true. Prior to the switch WSB & WAGA battle for the top spot, and there were times where WAGA would beat WSB. After the 94 switch starting in 1995 WAGA's ratings had cracks and the ratings fell sharply especially during the early evening news at 5-7pm block. More switched to WXIA when the switch happened and during the 1996 rating book WXIA trailed WAGA and even trump WAGA in early evening news.

Here a ratings snap shot from late news in 95 & 96

Late News Nov 95

WSB/2 (ABC) 14.2

WAGA/5 (FOX) 9.1

WXIA/11 (NBC) 10.3

WGNX/46(CBS) 4.0

Late News Nov96

WSB/2 (ABC) 11.8

WAGA/5 (FOX) 8.6

WXIA/11 (NBC) 9.8

WGNX/46 (CBS) 4.0

Some of that not so much true. Prior to the switch WSB & WAGA battle for the top spot, and there were times where WAGA would beat WSB. After the 94 switch starting in 1995 WAGA's ratings had cracks and the ratings fell sharply especially during the early evening news at 5-7pm block. More switched to WXIA when the switch happened and during the 1996 rating book WXIA trailed WAGA and even trump WAGA in early evening news.

Late News Nov 95

WSB/2 (ABC) 14.2

WAGA/5 (FOX) 9.1

WXIA/11 (NBC) 10.3

WGNX/46(CBS) 4.0

Late News Nov96

WSB/2 (ABC) 11.8

WAGA/5 (FOX) 8.6

WXIA/11 (NBC) 9.8

WGNX/46 (CBS) 4.0

Wow. Had no idea. But in all fairness, I did say that I may be wrong and I admit that I was. I guess the affiliation switch at the time affected many FOX O&Os that became FOX, including WAGA.

Speaking of CBS 46, their Lastest hire, Natalie Rubino, the Current Weekend Morning anchor at WCTV in Tallahassee, FL

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wgcl-hires-natalie-rubino/165544

Way too big of a jump to be competitive. Going from weekend mornings at DMA 106 all the way to DMA 9 shows weakness at the station for sure. You'd expect at least 2 or 3 positions in between

Wow. Had no idea. But in all fairness, I did say that I may be wrong and I admit that I was. I guess the affiliation switch at the time affected many FOX O&Os that became FOX, including WAGA.

No, I wasn't jumping down your throat, but wanted to clarified on some points. Cleveland, Detroit, Atlanta, Milwaukee affiliates at that time the audience didn't jell to well with the affiliation switch in those markets. However, later on Atlanta, Cleveland those two FOX outlets did rebound. It all good, no worries.

News from Channel 12 in Market 12 from FTVLive:

KPNX ND Sandra Kotzambasis resigned after the station had two bad books. Former ND Mark Casey takes over in the interim.

Less than a decade ago, KPNX was the top dog in Phoenix. The two headed monster that is KPHO/KTVK can't be eating their lunch that badly these days (quite possibly KNXV may be the only bright spot in the Scripps legacy portfolio--no one ever posts the market's sweeps results anymore). Could it be that the station has caught TEGNitis, or isn't Vanessa Ruiz connecting with viewers that well?

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/3/8/phoenix

• Like 1

Late News Nov 95

WSB/2 (ABC) 14.2

WAGA/5 (FOX) 9.1

WXIA/11 (NBC) 10.3

WGNX/46(CBS) 4.0

Late News Nov96

WSB/2 (ABC) 11.8

WAGA/5 (FOX) 8.6

WXIA/11 (NBC) 9.8

WGNX/46 (CBS) 4.0

You gotta Remember till early of '99 they only had and 12:00 p.m Weekday and Nightly 11:00 p.m. Newscast When Tribune sold it to Meredith and they invested a lot more than tribune ever did into the station. their old studios where small and cramped then they had their current building built in 2000.

http://web.archive.org/web/19991231044839/http://www.cbs46.com/news/anchors.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/19991230105502/http://www.cbs46.com/news/moving.htm

• Like 2

Atlanta's Plugged in can work once they get a permanent host, Jennifer Valdez is supposedly to main host but is always out either sick or something else since having 3 kids now... make Kimberly Kennedy the full time host and move this show for an hour at 9 A.M. Put Y&R at 12:30 instead of 3 p.m. and Take one of the Stronger Shows from there Sister Station WPCH 17 (Peachtree TV) and put it at 3 p.m., Problem Solved. Maybe Hot Bench or Crime Watch Daily or even Divorce Court

• Like 3

You gotta Remember till early of '99 they only had and 12:00 p.m Weekday and Nightly 11:00 p.m. Newscast When Tribune sold it to Meredith and they invested a lot more than tribune ever did into the station. their old studios where small and cramped then they had their current building built in 2000.

http://web.archive.org/web/19991231044839/http://www.cbs46.com/news/anchors.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/19991230105502/http://www.cbs46.com/news/moving.htm

I remember when WGNX was an Indy outlet had a 7:30PM newscast, before switching to CBS. By 96 the 7pm news move to 6PM. They did see an influx with CBS' primetime ratings, but I agree Meredith did do a lot more with investing in a new building, resources and more newscast.

Atlanta's Plugged in can work once they get a permanent host, Jennifer Valdez is supposedly to main host but is always out either sick or something else since having 3 kids now... make Kimberly Kennedy the full time host and move this show for an hour at 9 A.M. Put Y&R at 12:30 instead of 3 p.m. and Take one of the Stronger Shows from there Sister Station WPCH 17 (Peachtree TV) and put it at 3 p.m., Problem Solved. Maybe Hot Bench or Crime Watch Daily or even Divorce Court

I don't see CBS46 moving Y&R unless CBS said so, because Y&R ratings at 3PM wins it time slot & beating WSB-TV. When your in last place you have to do some bold moves, and Y&R is a good lead-in to the 4PM news.

I think another bold move for CBS46 would be to take Wheel/Jeopardy from WXIA.

Also wish TEGNA would drop some $$$ on WXIA to be more competitive and maybe it time to drop the 11Alive moniker, but after 40 years would viewers really be upset because it no longer 11Alive? I know around 93/94 viewers were so pissed off about it no longer identify as 11ALIVE. :( :smash:

• Like 1

I remember when WGNX was an Indy outlet had a 7:30PM newscast, before switching to CBS. By 96 the 7pm news move to 6PM. They did see an influx with CBS' primetime ratings, but I agree Meredith did do a lot more with investing in a new building, resources and more newscast.

I don't see CBS46 moving Y&R unless CBS said so, because Y&R ratings at 3PM wins it time slot & beating WSB-TV. When your in last place you have to do some bold moves, and Y&R is a good lead-in to the 4PM news.

I think another bold move for CBS46 would be to take Wheel/Jeopardy from WXIA.

Also wish TEGNA would drop some $$$ on WXIA to be more competitive and maybe it time to drop the 11Alive moniker, but after 40 years would viewers really be upset because it no longer 11Alive? I know around 93/94 viewers were so pissed off about it no longer identify as 11ALIVE. :( :smash:

ok so leave Y&R at 3 but still put ATL Plugged IN at 9 a.m. for an hour and move my 3 p.m. suggestion to 12:30 - 1:30 p.m then

Also CBS 46 Getting Wheel/Jeopardy isn't as far fetched as some think, 11Alive doesn't have the pockets it used to and CBS46 and Mererdith has been doing good in the money department lately. and even thought their ratings are in the tank, 11Alive is to WXIA is ATL as Action News is to WSB or WPVI, Eyewitness News is to WABC or KABC. it's not going away anytime soon

• Like 1

ok so leave Y&R at 3 but still put ATL Plugged IN at 9 a.m. for an hour and move my 3 p.m. suggestion to 12:30 - 1:30 p.m then

Also CBS 46 Getting Wheel/Jeopardy isn't as far fetched as some think, 11Alive doesn't have the pockets it used to and CBS46 and Mererdith has been doing good in the money department lately. and even thought their ratings are in the tank, 11Alive is to WXIA is ATL as Action News is to WSB or WPVI, Eyewitness News is to WABC or KABC. it's not going away anytime soon

AT CBS46 would you shake up the anchor team or just makes some adjustments?