Out & About

TexasTVNews

Question have there been any weather personalities that have transfer from weather to news? We see many go from sports to news, but has there been some go from weather to news?

Rob Marciano does the news from time to time. He's filled in for Dan on GMA weekend.

• Like 3

KTVI in St. Louis is starting an 11:00 pm weeknight newscast on January 18:

http://fox2now.com/2016/01/01/jasmine-huda-to-join-fox-2s-shirley-washington-for-new-11pm-newscast/

KTVI tried an 11:00 p.m. news back in the '70s (as an ABC affiliate).

KTVI is just doing this to sell local ads and save syndication money. That's the only reason we go past 10:30 at WDAF-TV. We're typically in the 3.0-rating range by the time the newscast ends.

KTVI tried an 11:00 p.m. news back in the '70s (as an ABC affiliate).

KTVI is just doing this to sell local ads and save syndication money. That's the only reason we go past 10:30 at WDAF-TV. We're typically in the 3.0-rating range by the time the newscast ends.

I like WDAF FOX 4. I think they're really good. In fact, I think in the last major ratings period, WDAF won in every timeslot except weeknights at 6:00 and 10:00pm but is a strong #2 in those timeslots.

Btw, why isn't WDAF on at 10:30pm on Saturdays?

• Like 1

Question have there been any weather personalities that have transfer from weather to news? We see many go from sports to news, but has there been some go from weather to news?

Ed Greene at KCNC anchored their (now-cancelled) 4pm news back in 2004 before he moved to weather.

KXTV used to have Kings Games but stopped in favor of CSN:BA. The New Golden1 Arena Will probably have a CSN Studio inside. Funny how they still use the old comcast logo but use NBC Peacocks for their Bugs with only 1 ID containing the NBC Jingle.

Didn't Sean McWhatsHisFace at KPHO go from weather to main anchor?

• Like 2

Didn't Sean McWhatsHisFace at KPHO go from weather to main anchor?

Yup, Sean McLaughlin. He was hired more to replace Kent Dana than to do weather. He had been at KPNX then went to do weather for NBC Weather Plus and MSNBC (he often appeared on dayside programs).

• Like 1

After 24 years in the industry. Kristen Cusato out at KUSI to become a Communications Manager at a Medical Institite across town. Tonight was her final broadcast.

For us locals who didnt see it, did she mention which one? Just curious as Susan Taylor (formerly of KNSD for those living outside of SD) works for Scripps Health. (Started by the same family as Scripps Howard Broadcasting but NOT affiliated with the health system)

• Like 3

For us locals who didnt see it, did she mention which one? Just curious as Susan Taylor (formerly of KNSD for those living outside of SD) works for Scripps Health. (Started by the same family as Scripps Howard Broadcasting but NOT affiliated with the health system)

Yes she mentioned she will be in La Jolla at Sanford Burnham

Isn't Scripps health with the Scripps company and works with them for content?

I like WDAF FOX 4. I think they're really good. In fact, I think in the last major ratings period, WDAF won in every timeslot except weeknights at 6:00 and 10:00pm but is a strong #2 in those timeslots.

Btw, why isn't WDAF on at 10:30pm on Saturdays?

I'm not sure. That's generally our worst-rated newscast. I imagine the meteorologist and the male anchor, who also do the morning shows on weekends, are happy to have the extra half-hour of sleep.

I'm not sure. That's generally our worst-rated newscast. I imagine the meteorologist and the male anchor, who also do the morning shows on weekends, are happy to have the extra half-hour of sleep.

I ask because I haven't seen a station in CST go for an hour-long, 7 nights a week at 10:00pm even though there are CST stations that do on both Saturdays and Sundays (KENS 5, KTBS 3, KMOV 4, etc.) plus in San Antonio, there's hour-long news at 10:00pm, 7 nights a week with KSAT 12 doing so on weeknights and KENS 5 doing so on weekends.

A new weather personality started today on Good Morning San Diego (KUSI). I did not catch her name but the anchor desk called her Francesca.

Francella Perez. It looks like she was at KWHY in LA, and was probably part of the MundoFOX cuts. Either way, she looked way too nervous this morning.

• Like 3

Francella Perez. It looks like she was at KWHY in LA, and was probably part of the MundoFOX cuts. Either way, she looked way too nervous this morning.

She is fun to look at for 2min and 30sec

It doesn't sound like English is her primary language, but she dresses nice and has a bangin lil body.

• Like 1

Guest Former Member 207

I mentioned this in the D-Block section of the site, but because of the heavy rains here in Southern California, the Los Angeles River (which serves more or less as a storm channel for most of its route through L.A. County) almost flooded today. I bring this up because CBS LA posted a time-lapse video from this morning, and the river cuts directly through CBS Studio Center; the broadcast center that houses KCBS and KCAL, three soundstages, and an office building sit north of the river, while the rest of the lot is south of the river banks.

I mentioned this in the D-Block section of the site, but because of the heavy rains here in Southern California, the Los Angeles River (which serves more or less as a storm channel for most of its route through L.A. County) almost flooded today. I bring this up because CBS LA posted a time-lapse video from this morning, and the river cuts directly through CBS Studio Center; the broadcast center that houses KCBS and KCAL, three soundstages, and an office building sit north of the river, while the rest of the lot is south of the river banks.

The Brokaw News Center is right next to the river as well. I think there's a garage or parking immediately next to the river. [MEDIA=instagram]BAKqfSbIG_V[/MEDIA]

Just thinking out loud but WBAL had a listing out for an Anchor/Reporter about a month ago. I don't think anyone is leaving but maybe they were considering / planning a 4PM newscast with Meredith Vieira being canceled?