Out & About

TexasTVNews

Cheryl Jennings at KGO-ABC7 leaving the anchor desk for "special projects"

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/9/30/off-the-anchor-desk-in-san-francisco

Tonight was Cheryl's last night as an anchor. The 5:00 PM newscast ended with her reflections on past assignments.

http://abc7news.com/society/abc7s-cheryl-jennings-leaves-anchor-desk-for-special-assignments/1109842/

Later, Dan Ashley closed the 6:00 PM news with his thoughts on Cheryl's retirement from the anchor desk.

http://abc7news.com/society/what-really-matters-abc7s-veteran-anchor-cheryl-jennings/1110592/

• Like 1

"We FIRST told you last night at 11p" meaning the first time they first aired the story was at 11pm...not that they were the FIRST to tell anyone.

"We JUST checked" ....yesterday....

Kill me now...it's gonna get worse i promise.

Well, they'll still have their $500 Thursday night give away during sweeps...

How long before the ND gets the boot? KGTV had some nice momentum a while back giving them the #2 spot, then they messed things up and well it looks like they'll be feeding at the bottom for a while...

BTW, is it me or does Ariel Wesler look like he's about to fall asleep at any moment? That with his monotone voice...Zzz

Here's a quote from his FB post:

Sounds similar to what Martha Sugalski did when she left WESH; we all know what she ended up doing.

Where else could he end up in the Tampa Bay area? WFLA has Cate, WTSP has Roundtree and Billi, and WTVT has Wilson and just acquired Chris Cato. I'm not familiar with BN9 now since my parents have Fios so what else could he do unless it's a lateral move to mornings or weekends or maybe just special reporting?

I can only see him going to WFLA to be in a Wes Sarginson type of role and anchor only at 5.

• Like 2

Where else could he end up in the Tampa Bay area? WFLA has Cate, WTSP has Roundtree and Billi, and WTVT has Wilson and just acquired Chris Cato. I'm not familiar with BN9 now since my parents have Fios so what else could he do unless it's a lateral move to mornings or weekends or maybe just special reporting?

I can only see him going to WFLA to be in a Wes Sarginson type of role and anchor only at 5.

That's what I was thinking, too. I have a hunch Brendan's headed to Bay News 9; but it's just a hunch.

Well, they'll still have their $500 Thursday night give away during sweeps...

How long before the ND gets the boot? KGTV had some nice momentum a while back giving them the #2 spot, then they messed things up and well it looks like they'll be feeding at the bottom for a while...

BTW, is it me or does Ariel Wesler look like he's about to fall asleep at any moment? That with his monotone voice...Zzz

They will stick with Lupenski for the time being and give her a chance to......mess it up more.

As for Ariel...

He looks like Jared from Subway....and that's his new secret code name.

Or Cato can anchor on WTVT at 5:00pm with Linda Hurtado and at 11:00pm with Cynthia Smoot. Or he can be on at Noon and 5:00pm with Linda and have Cynthia solo anchor at 11:00pm.

• Like 1

So it looks like part of the changes KFMB will make in the Morning involves replacing meteorologist Kimi Evans. She mentioned in one of her twitter posts: "So thankful to have had the opportunity to fill-in at @CBS8!" Not too mention there was a job posting for AM meteorologist that was recently taken down.

So it looks like part of the changes KFMB will make in the Morning involves replacing meteorologist Kimi Evans. She mentioned in one of her twitter posts: "So thankful to have had the opportunity to fill-in at @CBS8!" Not too mention there was a job posting for AM meteorologist that was recently taken down.

That SUCKS!

Unless they hired Pat Brown.....then it's just half sucky.

The axe is falling again at Entravision — this time, all the morning newscasts are going away. Most of the talent was laid off, as well.

Has any real reason been given?

Crappy sales staff or prepping for sell?

It's obvious the political dollars will not be gracing Entravision.

I'm gonna miss the dancing WX hottie and the Bozo Clown news guy.

Has any real reason been given?

Crappy sales staff or prepping for sell?

It's obvious the political dollars will not be gracing Entravision.

I'm gonna miss the dancing WX hottie and the Bozo Clown news guy.

Who knows what Entravision's plans are. Every few years they make cuts left and right. KBNT had some cutbacks several years back, and they lost their weekend newscasts then. And just several months ago, they combined their 11pm newscasts from San Diego, Palm Springs and El Centro, originating mostly from San Diego (although they do local segments/inserts). I assume they're testing this out with the intent to shutter their Palm Springs and El Centro operations.

I don't feel like starting a new thread but I have a gripe about certain news apps such as NBC and ABC O&O and previously Hearst when they send out push alerts. You click the alert to view the message and and sometimes the app opens to what is essentially the stations website but first you get a splash page asking you to download the app before you can get to the news article while your already in the app.

Is there any specific reason for this such as the web and app CMS being completely different? Where pushing a web link is quicker than updating the app properly for breaking news?

• Like 2

KYOU News debuted in November of 2015 as a 10-minute news update at 9:00 p.m., not a full half-hour as I though it would debut as. But now after a month of being on-the-air, the program is now officially a full half-hour as of December 7th and with it, is now renamed from KYOU News Update to KYOU News at 9:00.

[MEDIA=twitter]674050251909685248[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

Tonight we have some sad news to report to you. Joe Moore, the long time anchor who spent more than four decades at NBC station WJHG has

passed away today from complications of a stroke he had suffered last Friday. Moore was 72. Tonight, we at TVNT would like to take the time to offer

our condolences to Joe Moore's family and his extended family at WJHG NewsChannel 7.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/longtime-florida-anchor-joe-moore-dies-at-72/160213

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/Joe-Moore-dies-361280411.html

• Like 3

XETV News Director Don Shafer is out according to FTVLive and TVSpy. He's been at the station for a little over 2 years.

Also from TVSpy, Heather Myers (ex-morning anchor at XETV) is expected to re-join CBS affiliate KFMB. Heather worked at KFMB for several years before moving down the street to XETV to become an anchor. She left the San Diego 6 just a few weeks ago. No word if both departures have anything to do with one another.

• Like 1

VARTV reports on its Twitter page that Ava-Joye Burnett is leaving Richmond's WRIC for Baltimore's WJZ in January. Meanwhile across the river, reporter Joe St. George left WTVR earlier this week for its sister station, KDVR in Denver.

The expansion at WDRB News continues...

[MEDIA=twitter]675474732582596608[/MEDIA]

To add to this, this will leave the 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. slot as the only common news time period where WDRB doesn't have a newscast (although I don't believe they have extended "WDRB in the Morning" into the 9:00 a.m. hour, and the new 11:00 p.m. show will be a weeknight-only newscast, so its news programming on Saturdays and Sundays will still be limited to the morning and 10:00 p.m. newscasts, since they don't have an early evening newscast on weekends either).

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic