Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out & About

rkolsen

Please update any bookmarks you may have for Out and About.

Message added by rkolsen

The Weekend is here, AFC/NFC Championship this Sunday, enjoy it all. Have a good weekend, good golf, good tennis, or whatever makes you happy!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

The Weekend is here, AFC/NFC Championship this Sunday, enjoy it all. Have a good weekend, good golf, good tennis, or whatever makes you happy!

Marrrrrvin Zindler..... Eyeeeeeewitness News!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

There's also some good College Basketball and NBA action going on this MLK weekend too

On 1/19/2019 at 2:32 AM, TexasTVNews said:

On 1/19/2019 at 2:06 PM, TheRolyPoly said:

Marrrrrvin Zindler..... Eyeeeeeewitness News!

Thank you, Marvin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2019 at 2:50 AM, Northerner said:

I think there's gonna be a rebranding/refresh really soon, lol.

Not sure if that’s a compliment for MSNBC - we are talking about a person who has a gold toilet and his primary residence is golden and marble. Hardly the type for style advice. 

Edited by rkolsen
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

Not sure if that’s a compliment for MSNBC - we are talking about a person who has a gold toilet and his primary residence is golden and marble. Hardly the type for style advice. 

I heard that on Morning Joe this morning that he loves MSNBC graphics vs. FOX... I had to LMAO :classic_biggrin: He in love with the Chryon.

20 hours ago, Breaking News said:

I heard that on Morning Joe this morning that he loves MSNBC graphics vs. FOX... I had to LMAO :classic_biggrin: He in love with the Chryon.

Simpler to read.  Especially when MSNBC ditched the ticker.  Trump's preferred L3s would be ones with pictures probably.

• Like 1

Starting next week, KPIX is launching a 7pm newscast right after CBS Evening News with Jeff Glor at 6:30. 

Looks like they ate trying to compete with KTVU since they have a 7pm newscast on KTVU Plus

WOW another newscast for KPIX 5 Eyewitness News...first their 6:30 news is moving to 5:30 and now a 7pm news to compete against KTVU Plus. 

2 minutes ago, JacobC said:

WOW another newscast for KPIX 5 Eyewitness News...first their 6:30 news is moving to 5:30 and now a 7pm news to compete against KTVU Plus. 

Also, the weekend setup is still the same.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TresGriffin said:

ACK! WXIA’s new logo...

53E3FD3A-07A8-4395-8C3D-DCC6FA978A8B.jpeg

I don’t think it’s a good logo for me I feel like we’re back in the 80s

11 minutes ago, JacobC said:

They had a 7pm newscast back in the late 60's/early 70's:

The_San_Francisco_Examiner_Mon__May_13__1968_.thumb.jpg.84817b5d6e913aa3ddab16eeb648d028.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hmaxhanson said:

How the hell did John Weston get all his pals on that mic flag?

1 hour ago, hmaxhanson said:

The_San_Francisco_Examiner_Mon__May_13__1968_.thumb.jpg.84817b5d6e913aa3ddab16eeb648d028.jpg

Who was the real John Weston?

That name sounds so '70s ...and SO made up.

I bet his real name was Melvin Schoonable or Jack Weaselface.

You guys can search him if you want...I'm having Vodka Tonics with my new buddy...

John Weston.

Edited by Eat News
Changed John Weston to the slanty letters to look cooler and more dynamic...John Weston...Your Channel 5 NewsBuddy!

Looks like KRON — and perhaps more Nexstar stations — are venturing into 24/7 news.

Which reminded the geek in me of their NewsCenter 4 “24 Hour News — Every Day, Every Hour” days.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, NateinFLA said:

Looks like KRON — and perhaps more Nexstar stations — are venturing into 24/7 news.

Which reminded the geek in me of their NewsCenter 4 “24 Hour News — Every Day, Every Hour” days.

Sounds more like a revival of BayTV, a joint-venture of KRON and TCI/AT&T (it was shuttered just prior to AT&T Broadband being gobbled up by Comcast).

But no one ever did the 24-Hour News format better than CityPulse.

Edited by Spectrum27

31 minutes ago, Spectrum27 said:

Sounds more like a revival of BayTV, a joint-venture of KRON and TCI/AT&T (it was shuttered just prior to AT&T Broadband being gobbled up by Comcast).

But no one ever did the 24-Hour News format better than CityPulse.

I so agree! Citytv was really ON all the time with their CityPulse Newsflashes.

• Like 2

WGME had to evacuate their studios due to flooding; they're doing their newscasts out of a makeshift newsroom set.
DxtO0q6W0AAxk-L.jpg

cap_wgme-2019-jan24-5p_00_04_37_01.jpg

cap_wgme-2019-jan24-5p_00_02_46_02.jpg

Edited by newsbot

30 minutes ago, newsbot said:

WGME had to evacuate their studios due to flooding; they're doing their newscasts out of a makeshift newsroom set.
DxtO0q6W0AAxk-L.jpg

WGME might want to consider doing what we did at KBEX-TV during our last flood.

We purchased these nice inflatable news sets from Alibaba.com.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-Popular-Inflatable-Bar-Inflatable-Service_60298572502.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.26.edac7ea1J8fThQ

162080904_Inflatablekbexset.jpg.9b24e0b6303096825a600e0d3b3880fc.jpg

Now we can broadcast live when our area floods. We just get a few cameramen on tire innertubes and LIVEU's...and we can drift along and still broadcast...while keeping dry.

The sets also come in festive colors, and you can even order sets with your station branding...order plenty in case a few get punctured or sink.

Edited by Eat News
Crayon Pop-Bing Bing (delinquent version) https://youtu.be/r0yii3pPNKw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4