Out & About

TexasTVNews

The retransmission dispute between Time Warner and Journal Broadcast Group is OVER!

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/224578771.html

Get a look at some of the channel numbers they got in other markets. One of them, Palm Springs, requires station rebrands!

• KMIR, branded as channel 6, is now channel 13: KPSE goes from 13 to 20.
  • KMTV Omaha is now channel...99.

That said, they kept the HD channel numbers the same, but what do you do if you are KMIR?

Wow, I know TWC threatened to do this during the CBS fight, but I'm still surprised they actually did it! That could have a lasting impact on these stations.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20130920/LIFESTYLES0103/309200005/KMIR-Time-Warner-Cable-Journal-Broadcast-Co-agreement?sf17456983=1

"(KMIR/KPSE GM Craig) Marrs said the channel change will require no re-branding efforts for the station. He estimated that about half the local audience used Time Warner Cable."

Looking like WJTV-Vi in Jackson, Mississippi will become CW affiliate.

Do you have a source or link of a source? Because I'm trying to find a link of info to verify what you just said.

More infomation about WJTV-Vi, soon to be Mississippi's CW.........

https://twitter.com/WJTV/status/380866066953420800

More infomation about WJTV-Vi, soon to be Mississippi's CW.........

https://twitter.com/WJTV/status/380866066953420800

1. Vampire Diaries ‏@tvdfansonline 19 Sep

@WJTV @CW_network And btw...thank you so much for doing this for the Jackson area CW viewers! :)

Details

2d1adc59c2625c6a5d655de2d6a4610a_normal.jpegWJTV News Channel 12 ‏@WJTV 19 Sep
    @tvdfansonline @CW_network Absolutely! We can't wait to get this party started!

Really? "We can't wait to get this party started!" Who's running their Twitter feed? A teenager?

http://www.wsbt.com/ got its new Internet Broadcasting site... and a new logo too it seems (I don't really like it, to be honest)

Ahhhh HELL NO!!!!! That shit is UGLY!!!! And I mean UGLY!!! No one put any sort of effort whatsoever in the logo. The old logo lasted almost two decades, which looked a trillion times better than this piece of crap. Whoever made that logo needs to be fired pronto!!!

It's not that bad. The old logo was good, but it was getting dated (although it held up well for all these years). The 22 does look a little "old" but I don't mind it.

Ahhhh HELL NO!!!!! That shit is UGLY!!!! And I mean UGLY!!! No one put any sort of effort whatsoever in the logo. The old logo lasted almost two decades, which looked a trillion times better than this piece of crap. Whoever made that logo needs to be fired pronto!!!

You crack me up CircleSeven. :D

It's not that bad. The old logo was good, but it was getting dated (although it held up well for all these years). The 22 does look a little "old" but I don't mind it.

You crack me up CircleSeven. :D

I'm not here to crack jokes. If this new logo would've been their old-old logo, I wouldn't mind. But getting rid of their close to two decades logo for this piece of garbage......

WSBT_2013_Logo.png

I dunno who were the ones to think of this Circle design. Logos are there to last. The Circle 7 (first TV cosmetic station standardization) has been around for 51 years. The CBS Eye logo, 62 years. WSBT's last logo, 19 years. I think this "thing" right here is not going to last even a few years.

Now this was the shit!! Even though it uses generic fonts, the logo is very iconic to the Michiana media, because of its creativeness and the longevity.

WSBT_logo.png

At least we still have WNDU.......

I'm not here to crack jokes. If this new logo would've been their old-old logo, I wouldn't mind. But getting rid of their close to two decades logo for this piece of garbage......

WSBT_2013_Logo.png

I dunno who were the ones to think of this Circle design. Logos are there to last. The Circle 7 (first TV cosmetic station standardization) has been around for 51 years. The CBS Eye logo, 62 years. WSBT's last logo, 19 years. I think this "thing" right here is not going to last even a few years.

Now this was the shit!! Even though it uses generic fonts, the logo is very iconic to the Michiana media, because of its creativeness and the longevity.

WSBT_logo.png

At least we still have WNDU.......

wsbtlogo-png.png

It's not terrible...not great either.

And I don't think the designer is going to be fired if they're using the logo. :)

It's not terrible...not great either.

And I don't think the designer is going to be fired if they're using the logo. :)

You're right, it's so-so. I saw the logo last week while getting a page link for a Wikipedia article on WSBT I'm editing soon. However, since that WSBT is still using its TVbD-designed logo on-air (based on the videos seen on its website), is there a timetable as to when the new logo and graphics will roll out on-air?

As mentioned in the No Emotion Box by susquvalleywgal, Doug Allen is leaving WGAL and Central PA. after a 28 year career as he and his wife will be relocating to the Carolinas to start up a business in the boating industry.

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/899081_Weatherman-Doug-Allen-leaving-WGAL.html

WBNS 10TV Sports Director Dom Tiberi return to air yesterday after the death of her daughter Maria, who died last week in a traffic accident.

All of us at TVNT send their prayers and condolences to Dom and to his wife and family, and his extended family at WBNS 10TV.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/09/26/dom-tiberi-takes-to-air-to-thank-central-ohio.html

WMAZ will carry The CW on its sub.

WMAZ posted yesterday that it will carry programming from the CW Television Network on its digital subchannel 13.2. Currently the programming is aired exclusively on a Cox Cable channel. Cox Cable will be carrying the new channel on cable channel 3. Other providers are also planning to add the channel soon. Along with the channel, WMAZ will be adding two new newscast on the new subchannel. It will have a half-hour morning newscast at 7am and a half-hour newscast after CW primetime programming at 10pm.

It would probably be impossible for Frontier to add the CW since they have two HD streams for Fox & ABC. I wouldn't see much of a problem if Morris would've add it on its sub, even with them having NBC & MyNet. And you know they're not going to knock on Register's door. In other words, why the CW didn't pursue having an OTA channel, seven years ago? The next question is going to be, if WMAZ is going to air The CW in HD as well. Some CW Plus affils are now carrying it in HD as we speak.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic