Out & About

TexasTVNews

2 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

KXAN Chief Meteorologist David Yeomans is leaving after Wednesday

Their story says he’s going somewhere with “very different weather,” which would seem to indicate a station in the Northeast. 

Missed this one from Biloxi....

Longtime Chief Meteorologist Carrie Duncan retired from WLOX in January to take a new position doing PR for Ingalls Shipbuilding in nearby Pascagoula.

https://www.wlox.com/2024/01/11/wlox-chief-meteorologist-carrie-duncan-announces-retirement-television/

Eric Jeansonne was named as the new chief meteorologist and morning met Wesley Williams was named as "Senior Meteorologist"

https://www.wlox.com/video/2024/02/22/wlox-announces-new-chief-meteorologist-senior-meteorologist/

On 2/26/2024 at 4:37 PM, Greggo said:

Their story says he’s going somewhere with “very different weather,” which would seem to indicate a station in the Northeast. 

Or Chicago.

10 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

That is the big rumor I've now read from multiple sources...

Nexstar owns KXAN and WGN, where there‘s now an opening for another meteorologist since Tom left and Demetrius got bumped to nights from the midday shift. Maybe there?

Simone Jameson has reportedly been let go by WXIX, over these photos that she posted following a boxing workout on her station-branded social media.

(Note: FTVLive has posted several stories lately about reporters, like Jameson, who posted photos to their work accounts that most people, especially those outside the news business, would normally post to their personal social media.)

Edited by T.L. Hughes

1 hour ago, KRAP-TV said:

Former KUSA 9 News meteorologist Danielle Grant is joining KMGH Denver 7 News in April. This news comes as the current chief meteorologist at KMGH Mike Nelson plans his retirement later this year.

https://www.denver7.com/weather/experienced-colorado-meteorologist-danielle-grant-to-join-denver7-weather-team

Sounds like she will be taking the weekend position for now.  I know KMGH / KCDO had a weekend opening for sometime on the scrips employment page.   Good for her!!!!!

36 minutes ago, DENDude said:

Sounds like she will be taking the weekend position for now.  I know KMGH / KCDO had a weekend opening for sometime on the scrips employment page.   Good for her!!!!!

The former KMGH AND and I speculated that this might be the case.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:33 PM, T.L. Hughes said:

Simone Jameson has reportedly been let go by WXIX, over these photos that she posted following a boxing workout on her station-branded social media.

(Note: FTVLive has posted several stories lately about reporters, like Jameson, who posted photos to their work accounts that most people, especially those outside the news business, would normally post to their personal social media.)

this is why think reporters should get a *separate* friends only social media where they can post almost whatever they want. Keep your public profile clean and brand related.

EDIT: and block your job from seeing your IG story, maybe even block them totally if you can. 

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 6

KGO was down with gremlins taking over the station all morning simulcasting KABC until 6:45 this morning. 

Im suprised with an outage like that, they couldn’t even get anything running not even a newsroom cam.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2024 at 4:11 PM, Nelson R. said:

Sorry to see Molly Grantham abruptly depart WBTV, as she was apparently forced out the door after she declined to renew her contract which expires at the end of the month. Rather than allowing her honorably finish 20 years of service, she was abruptly kicked to the curb wih no appropriate farewell or final broadcast. I would speculate Gray TV offered her an unsatisfactory contract, but whatever the case it is a shame to see her treated so disrespectfully. I hope to see her join WSOC or some other station if she so chooses and a contract is offered. WBTV continues to lose longtime legacy talent, incuding Paul Cameron, Maureen O'Boyle, Eric Thomas, Steve Ohnesorge, David Whisnant, and Steve Crump. Losing heritage credentials and class act reputation. More inclined to watch WSOC.

• Like 3

Big news from the Big Apple: after nearly 34 years as an anchor at WCBS-TV, Dana Tyler is leaving the desk at the end of March. But she will be staying on as a special correspondent, of sorts.

In actuality, both she and co-anchor Dick Brennan are being moved off the 6:00 PM show in favor of the station's lead anchor team of Kristine Johnson and Maurice DuBois, who will now anchor all of WCBS-TV's evening newscasts. What role Brennan will have at CBS New York after the move is not yet known.

Edited by Big Rollo Smokes
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

5 hours ago, Big Rollo Smokes said:

Big news from the Big Apple: after nearly 34 years as an anchor at WCBS-TV, Dana Tyler is leaving the desk at the end of March. But she will be staying on as a special correspondent, of sorts.

In actuality, both she and co-anchor Dick Brennan are being moved off the 6:00 PM show in favor of the station's lead anchor team of Kristine Johnson and Maurice DuBois, who will now anchor all of WCBS-TV's evening newscasts. What role Brennan will have at CBS New York after the move is not yet known.

EDIT: The NY Post article says "stepping down" which suggests Dana Tyler's move is voluntary. However, Andrea Grymes was just removed as weekend morning co-anchor and posted on IG: "The CBS bosses are making some changes, and that includes a new co-anchor for Doug."

That being said, I'm skeptical about how voluntary Dana's reduction to fill in is. Next Tv says Dick Brennan will return to reporting, I also doubt that was voluntary: https://www.nexttv.com/news/wcbs-new-york-changes-6-pm-team 

Is there anywhere to find accurate updated ratings for NYC?

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

On 3/5/2024 at 4:11 PM, Nelson R. said:

On 3/7/2024 at 12:10 PM, tylerSC said:

Sorry to see Molly Grantham abruptly depart WBTV, as she was apparently forced out the door after she declined to renew her contract which expires at the end of the month. Rather than allowing her honorably finish 20 years of service, she was abruptly kicked to the curb wih no appropriate farewell or final broadcast. I would speculate Gray TV offered her an unsatisfactory contract, but whatever the case it is a shame to see her treated so disrespectfully. I hope to see her join WSOC or some other station if she so chooses and a contract is offered. WBTV continues to lose longtime legacy talent, incuding Paul Cameron, Maureen O'Boyle, Eric Thomas, Steve Ohnesorge, David Whisnant, and Steve Crump. Losing heritage credentials and class act reputation. More inclined to watch WSOC.

WBTV statement on Molly Grantham https://www.wbtv.com/2024/03/08/wbtv-statement-molly-grantham/

I hated how it went down. It appeared they might have had some sort of going away party for her off camera according to some pictures I saw last night on Facebook but she certainly deserved an on camera sendoff.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 2