Out & About

TexasTVNews

On 11/2/2023 at 10:58 PM, Recovering Producer said:

Alison Starling leaving WJLA after 20 years. Arguably the most recognizable talent at the station and one of the few remaining from the Allbritton ownership.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzJI46ou_xI/

Here's her exit interview:

In other DC news, WRC's Eun Yang has been off tv due to an Achilles tendon injury while playing pickelball:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz9U9IBLAhZ/

4 hours ago, MD TV said:

Eeek.  Gotta wonder if this is the end of the line for her. Jessica VanMeter would be an ideal replacement. (Just saying.)

Meanwhile, check out NewsOn newscast archives from the past 24 hours and fully realize that Betsy Kling is a rockstar: anchoring and doing weather last night at 11pm, then doing weather from 4:30-7am this morning and back at it starting at 4pm this afternoon.  

Good Day DC's Jeanette Reyes is leaving WTTG. She says it's focus on her kids. Reyes and her husband/morning compeditor Robert Burton from WJLA went viral for their humorous "news couple" social media videos.

Bittersweet because she's in the prime of her career. This feeds into the "can we have it all" discussion: successful careers, and time with family.

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 3

Jobina Fortson out at KGO 

Huge loss to ABC7 Mornings. She decided to leave on her own terms and wants to spend time with her family and head back home to Atlanta.

The bond, the chemistry is definitely real on and off air with the KGO crew. They even called themselves “cousins.”

the last half of the 7am streaming show was dedicated to her starting at the 25:15 mark of the video

https://abc7news.com/14154597/

• Like 1

From Cleveland: longtime WEWS anchor Danita Harris is leaving the Scripps' co-flagship. Her last day is scheduled for Dec. 21.

“Scripps and the management at WEWS offered me the option to stay...it was a decision that I made because I felt it was the best for me. I’m grateful that this bittersweet move was understood and respected by news management. They encourage and support my passion to be true to myself.” Those are her words.

But with all the heads dropping around Scripps stations recently, read between the lines.

Edited by Big Rollo Smokes

3 hours ago, Big Rollo Smokes said:

From Cleveland: longtime WEWS anchor Danita Harris is leaving the Scripps' co-flagship. Her last day is scheduled for Dec. 21.

“Scripps and the management at WEWS offered me the option to stay...it was a decision that I made because I felt it was the best for me. I’m grateful that this bittersweet move was understood and respected by news management. They encourage and support my passion to be true to myself.” Those are her words.

But with all the heads dropping around Scripps stations recently, read between the lines.

Wow, this has to be the biggest departure from WEWS since Ted Henry retired back in 2009.

I'll have to catch some of their newscasts in the next few weeks to see how "Scripps-i-fied" they've become.  A sad transformation for a station built and put on the air by Scripps to become what it is today.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Joe Scanlan, a former morning anchor (actually departed not too long ago) at KSNB (Local4) in York/Lincoln, Nebraska (licensed to Hastings) has been charged with a felony. The station says that his employment ended on November 3rd, and, according to court records, he has since relocated to Arlington, Texas.

Here’s the full article.

KNSD's weather team is now official:

-Sheena Parveen is still weekday mornings

-Greg Bledsoe is weekday evenings

-Brooke Martell is weekend mornings

-Francella Perez is weekend evenings

All bios are up on the website.

Edited by Bsean