Out & About

TexasTVNews

On 9/11/2023 at 11:23 AM, Bsean said:

I wonder where Dagmar Midcap over at KNSD has been. She hasn't been on air in over a month and they've literally had every weather personality at the station filling in. This week and last week it's been Sheena Parveen from mornings. 

Update:

Dagmar is no longer with KNSD. They aired her goodbye message during the 4p news:

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/nbc-7s-dagmar-midcap-says-goodbye/3319537/

All this week, KNSD will be airing the latest Down to Earth with Dagmar trip to Madagascar.

1 minute ago, Media_1904 said:

Dagmar Midcap out at KNSD says goodbye during the 4pm newscast with a farewell video each day this week while she was in Madagascar 

Jinx 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Almost a month late, but found this:

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2023/9/12/a-bad-rap?format=amp

West Coast News Wrap, a half-hour newscast taken from the feeds of West Coast stations, launched last month on KTVU in the San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose market, then last night (10/2) the program premiered on KTTV/KCOP in Los Angeles. Fox Television plans to expand the show to other West Coast O&Os, and may even offer it to affiliates.

There’s even a YouTube channel for it: 

On 10/9/2023 at 9:54 AM, MD TV said:

I'm still curious as to who is filling that spot. I thought they were going with Sheena since she was working that shift for weeks, but now this week she is back to mornings. I'm thinking it'll be Francella, though Brooke is on today. 

This "cult" Dagmar was in.....was it any way related to the Ernest Angley Ministry?

Her first TV job was at WBNX-TV.  The onetime station manager was named Ronald Midcap.  I don't know if it was her ex-husband, but knowing all of the stuff there, it's likely the same family she was "arranged" to be married into.

From what I remember, she did voiceovers for promos, and even served as a kids host before "Patty" took over when they picked up the Fox Kids network in the WOIO/WJW affiliation swap.

14 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

This "cult" Dagmar was in.....was it any way related to the Ernest Angley Ministry?

Her first TV job was at WBNX-TV.  The onetime station manager was named Ronald Midcap.  I don't know if it was her ex-husband, but knowing all of the stuff there, it's likely the same family she was "arranged" to be married into.

From what I remember, she did voiceovers for promos, and even served as a kids host before "Patty" took over when they picked up the Fox Kids network in the WOIO/WJW affiliation swap.

I think she might have been married to his son of the same name. I have seen previous articles in which she described her upbringing as being part of a family that "evangelized all nations."

She also tweeted about Ernest Angley previously. 

10 hours ago, Samantha said:

I'm wondering if this is temporary or permanent?? I know Lindsay Riley is on maternity leave again...

On 10/10/2023 at 4:24 PM, Bsean said:

I'm still curious as to who is filling that spot. I thought they were going with Sheena since she was working that shift for weeks, but now this week she is back to mornings. I'm thinking it'll be Francella, though Brooke is on today. 

Continuing with the weather musical chairs, I saw Greg  Bledsoe doing the weather this morning.

On 10/21/2023 at 9:03 PM, ATLNewsExpert said:

WAGA meteorologist Ryan Beesly is leaving the industry.

https://fb.watch/nQeY9258VV/

I wish Ryan the very best in his future! 

I worked with him early in his career as he was wrapping up his degree at South Alabama, while doing fill-in weather in Biloxi.  He later got his first job in Albany, GA, then Knoxville, then landed his job in Atlanta.

WVEC chief met Jeff Lawson is retiring on November 15th. Edit: and I didn't notice at first, Tim Pandajis is returning to WVEC to become chief met.

https://www.13newsnow.com/article/about-us/chief-meteorologist-jeff-lawson-retiring-as-tim-pandajis-returns-to-13-news-now/291-977d93f2-50c3-4012-b786-e5f6b4c7ecc4

Edited by cg41386

Former WMC-TV anchor & reporter Kontji Anthony is returning to television. 

Anthony will officially take over as the host of WREG's Live at 9, which is getting reformatted as a lifestyle show, beginning November 13th. Promos have started airing as of today.