Out & About

TexasTVNews

3 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Hold the phone.

Nicco didn't do the 5p. He did the 11a & 4p. Sandhya does 5 & 6p.

Before Nicco…Spencer did 4 and 6 pre pandemic and before the rotation/change in shifts and Sandyha did 5 and 11

When they produced the weekday 9pm News on KOFY until it ended, they had Drew do the forecasts as well on the weekends (KGO 5, 6 and 11) with 2 days off during the weekdays and Sandyha would do 5, 9 and 11.

4 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Besides... they really don't need 6 meteorologists in SF... 

KPIX can use 1 or 2 more since they only have 3

Edited by SFTV

On 11/14/2022 at 8:56 PM, TheRob said:

After nearly a week of counting, media outlets now declaring Katie Hobbs beats former KSAZ anchor Kari Lake for Arizona governor.

And everyone at KSAZ breathes a sigh of relief.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

On 11/14/2022 at 7:56 PM, TheRob said:

After nearly a week of counting, media outlets now declaring Katie Hobbs beats former KSAZ anchor Kari Lake for Arizona governor.

Or as its put in the newsroom; 'former colleague with smelliest lunches in employee fridge finally gets her just desserts' 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

On 10/28/2022 at 6:57 PM, MD TV said:

Doreen Gentzler just announced her retirement from WRC-TV after 33 years, effective at the end of November:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/doreen-gentzler-retiring-from-news4-after-33-years/3194257/

Any word on her replacement? I’d like to see Shawn get the 11pm and Pat the 6pm. I wouldn’t mind seeing Eun cross over to evenings either.

I wonder if they’ll ever swap the 6:30pm half hour with NBC NN. 

34 minutes ago, MD TV said:

I'd assume it would be Shawn getting promoted, yeah.

Tonight was Doreen's last newscast. Here's the final 30 minutes of tonight's 6PM, which was entirely dedicated to her:

Complete with the “My Mood” closing theme, brilliant!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oliverolang said:

Complete with the “My Mood” closing theme, brilliant!

Jim Vance and George Michael are looking down in heaven right now wishing Doreen all the best in her retirement. Wishing JV, GM, were here today along with Bob Ryan, and Arch. It's just not the same without them.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

Jim Vance and George Michael are looking down in heaven right now wishing Doreen all the best in her retirement. Wishing JV, GM, were here today along with Bob Ryan, and Arch. It's just not the same without them.

Let's not forget the late, and equally legendary Wendy Reiger, who passed away earlier this year.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Well, fifty miles from DC, WBAL longtime anchor Stan Stovall also signed off tonight after 44 years. 

Some other clips from this week.

amd a clip from the FBI Academy! 

Oh here’s a true Baltimore thing.  The city puts salt boxes out for people to get salt for the winter. This winter they allowed people to paint them. So someone drew Stan on it.

The story from WBAL with additional photos and videos.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MD TV said:

I'd assume it would be Shawn getting promoted, yeah.

Tonight was Doreen's last newscast. Here's the final 30 minutes of tonight's 6PM, which was entirely dedicated to her:

I grew up watching her Congratulations on an outstanding career Doreen Gentzler!

Last night, Mike Hostettler said goodbye to WGAL and the Susquehanna Valley.  After 33 years at WGAL and before that at WEWS-TV in Cleveland (I'm sure I'm correct on that one, correct me please if I'm wrong) ... He will remain in the SusquValley while in his retirement.  Here's some of his best moments ... the very last video on the page is his farewell.  Congrats Hossy!!

https://www.wgal.com/article/wgal-news-8-sports-anchor-mike-hostetler-memorable-moments/42041782

-- Matt

• Sad 1

In response to Lane Kiffin being rumored to take the Auburn head coaching job he tweeted this...and this was WLOX anchor Hugh Keeton's response...

In contrary to the rumors, Lane just re-upped his tenure as coach at Ole Miss...

The funny part is, Ole Miss is in the Memphis market (Oxford) where Starkville is the home of rival Mississippi State!  And WCBI is actually based in Columbus, MS...part of the Columbus-Starkville-Tupelo market.

WCBI is on cable in Oxford, though.

Screenshot_20221126-113914_Twitter.jpg

Edited by tyrannical bastard
  • Sad 1