Out & About

TexasTVNews

5 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Forgot about Shumway now that he’s in the morning. As for Highfield, he’s good, but he doesn’t fall in the same category as Rice, Stacy Smith, or Patrice King Brown. 

Oh I completely agree with you. IMHO, he was a better reporter than he is an anchor. He's not a terrible anchor by any means, but he was much better as a reporter. 

1 hour ago, Daybreak said:

Susan Koeppen and Kimberly Gill were excellent hires when they came on board back in 2011ish? So is Kim Gable and Kristen the lead female anchors in the evening now? 

There’s no female at 11–it’s the old

white man show. Taking KD back to its pre-Patti days. 

• Sad 2

So I noticed that WTTG decided to move up Judge Judy's 3pm hour to 2pm with TMZ Live occupying the 3pm hour. I also noticed that WDCA also aired TMZ Live at 4pm. Turns out WTTG airing TMZ Live was just a placeholder for a new 3pm show starting Monday called the DMV Zone.

Here's an interview with someone in management talking about that and the 11am show that debuted last month among other things concerning the station:

https://tvnewscheck.com/journalism/article/talking-tv-wttg-keeps-upping-the-ante-with-local-news-programming/

WVUE Chief Meteorologist David Bernard is stepping down to continue pursuing his master's in social work at Tulane University. Noon and 4 pm meteorologist Bruce Katz will take over David's position at the end of November. David has a similar separate message  for viewers.

Edited by PelicanGuy
grammar correction
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Megan Mitchell is joining WFAA from WLWT starting in January.

Thats a bummer, she had quite the following in Cincinnati and beyond. She could’ve easily slid right into the weekday morning seat and co-anchor with Kelly Rippin, especially since Colin Mayfield, just left for WCNC. I imagine WLWT tried to keep her, so it must have really been her choice. Just not sure it was smart to go from Hearst to TEGNA… 

5 minutes ago, ttvn2000 said:

Thats a bummer, she had quite the following in Cincinnati and beyond. She could’ve easily slid right into the weekday morning seat and co-anchor with Kelly Rippin, especially since Colin Mayfield, just left for WCNC. I imagine WLWT tried to keep her, so it must have really been her choice. Just not sure it was smart to go from Hearst to TEGNA… 

Sounds like she had an opportunity to do specific storytelling she wasn't going to be able to do in Cincy. 

Also, Tegna is one of the most LGBT friendly media companies out there. It's also overall just not a bad company to work for.
Edited by MidwestTV
  • Like 6

WSB-TV Chief Meteorologist Glenn has officially announced his retirement. His last day is November 22. Brad Nitz will be promoted to Chief Meteorologist. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsbtv.com/station/chief-meteorologist-glenn-burns-announces-his-retirement-after-40-years-wsb-tv/PV5LYYETZJCBTA42PLNH7L2KG4/%3FoutputType%3Damp

• Like 1

Occasionally I check out job posting for various groups and I notice for Scripps except for 2 or 3 stations almost all the stations have one or 2 openings when many routinely have upwards to 10-15. https://scripps.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Scripps_Careers

It’s possible the website is not updated, or Scripps went on a huge hiring spree in the last few weeks (highly unlikely). Even if you’re at full employment you want some job openings (especially in sales) so you’re always recruiting because there will be turnover. 

After this election season and the holidays and a possible recession in the near future it’s going to be a soft period for the news business. It’s possible we will see job freezes and even cuts and Scripps and other companies maybe gearing up for that.

Edited by doublejman69

Pretty big anchor shuffle announced this afternoon at KPRC/Houston: 11a, noon and 4p anchor Christine Noel is leaving. Weekday morning anchor Lisa Hernandez is her replacement. Former weekend morning anchor Sophia Ojeda is returning just a few months after she left to take over the weekday morning shift. Switch happens later this month. Lots of changes there since the new GM arrived. 

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2022/10/big-kprc-2-2022-anchor-changes.html

20 hours ago, SFTV said:

Such a big loss for KGO after being there for 16 years, I know he is glad that he’s coming home.

Interesting. I always thought it was odd that he was replaced on the morning show and put onto what seemed like a pretty meaningless 11am/4pm midday shift not too long ago.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, C Block said:

Interesting. I always thought it was odd that he was replaced on the morning show and put onto what seemed like a pretty meaningless 11am/4pm midday shift not too long ago.

I thought the same as well when they shifted Spencer Christian from 4 and 6pm weekdays to weekend evenings.

They have a huge weather team, with Mike leaving they’ll just have it like the old schedule and extend Drew to middays, Frances, Spencer or Lisa to replace for Mike’s shift at 4 and 5pm and with Sandyha at 6 and 11.

18 hours ago, SFTV said:

I thought the same as well when they shifted Spencer Christian from 4 and 6pm weekdays to weekend evenings.

They have a huge weather team, with Mike leaving they’ll just have it like the old schedule and extend Drew to middays, Frances, Spencer or Lisa to replace for Mike’s shift at 4 and 5pm and with Sandyha at 6 and 11.

Besides... they really don't need 6 meteorologists in SF... 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SFTV said:

Hold the phone.

Nicco didn't do the 5p. He did the 11a & 4p. Sandhya does 5 & 6p.

Edited by CircleSeven