Out & About

TexasTVNews

On 9/13/2022 at 10:40 AM, MD TV said:

I noticed that starting next week WDCA's 9PM newscast is moving to 8:30. So between Fox and DC News Now there's news on anytime between 4PM and Midnight.

Just catching up, but if you include Newschannel 8, I mean WJLA 24/7 (which is broadcast OTA on WIAV 58.3 - albeit ATSC 3.0), there’s constant local news from 11am until Midnight, and if you throw in Good Day DC, it’s straight through from 4am until Midnight… (all without cable TV!). (I’m not sure if LA has that full coverage, but they’re close…)

I’m not sure, though of WJLA 24/7’s current live vs. taped in the afternoon, though they were replaying the WJLA 12pm newshour at 1, live from 2-3, then repeating from 3-4.  lately, though, I’ve seen some live between 3&4 on the TV at work…

Jim

Edited by compubit
Added info on WJLA 24/7
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

Allison Latos leaving WSOC

Last newscast is tomorrow. Leaving TV altogether and staying in Charlotte. She really has been through a lot in 11 years with the cancer scare and the loss of one of her daughters. 

I felt like she has been there longer, but I've followed her career since WTOV because her and Natalie Pasquarella worked together at 'TOV and good 'ol Channel 9 for a long time. It sucks she won't be around but family matters more first.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Allison Latos leaving WSOC

Last newscast is tomorrow. Leaving TV altogether and staying in Charlotte. She really has been through a lot in 11 years with the cancer scare and the loss of one of her daughters. 

Yes, she has really grown up on WSOC, with all of her life changes and everyhing. Allison has been such a mainstay with WSOC. This was bittersweet news, and I am actually kind of sad to see her leave the airwaves. I am interested, on the flip side, who will take her role. She was originally on at 5:30 and 10, but in recent years, she has been backup for 5/6/7/10/11, and anchor at noon (with John Paul before he went to WPVI) and from time to time the Mornings.  I am interested to see who fills that role. 

3 hours ago, Daybreak said:

Evrod Cassimy is leaving WDIV after 9 years and is heading to WMAQ in Chicago later this year. 

https://www.clickondetroit.com/station/2022/09/22/morning-anchor-evrod-cassimy-leaving-wdiv-after-9-years/

It’s bizarre that he felt the need near the end of his post to say it was his choice to leave. Pure ego. Um, you’re going from Detroit to Chicago. It’s a clear promotion. No need to explain yourself other than you being afraid someone might think you were demoted … to a bigger market. 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 4

On 9/22/2022 at 3:27 PM, Daybreak said:

Evrod Cassimy is leaving WDIV after 9 years and is heading to WMAQ in Chicago later this year. 

https://www.clickondetroit.com/station/2022/09/22/morning-anchor-evrod-cassimy-leaving-wdiv-after-9-years/

Oh, I remember him from WWBT. A great get for NBC 5 Chicago.

20 minutes ago, LTSC1980 said:

Why did CBS owned WBFS & WSBK dropped MyNetworkTV?

Does MyNetwork provide any value to any station group outside of Fox Owned?  It's pretty useless with repeats you can find elsewhere. Have to admit, I never watch Ch 9 WWOR here. No one I know does.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NowBergen said:

Does MyNetwork provide any value to any station group outside of Fox Owned?  It's pretty useless with repeats you can find elsewhere. Have to admit, I never watch Ch 9 WWOR here. No one I know does.  

It doesn’t provide any value to anyone. Even if they are an O&O. WMYT has delayed their programming three hours since 2018, when they were still an O&O.

This article from 2019, written on the eve of the Disney merger, says it is worth something to Fox:

https://deadline.com/2019/02/mynetworktv-10-years-after-strategic-pivot-is-a-quiet-but-steady-engine-for-fox-1202566142/

But in any case, this is all the end result of something hastily put together after Fox's UPN stations were shut out of the creation of the CW.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:31 AM, NowBergen said:

If affiliates are dropping it, then certainly not. I'm pleased that WBFS dropped it as it opens up more local programming spots.