Out & About

TexasTVNews

KJRH is going to try to do an hour long 6pm newscast for the second time they tried it a couple of years ago for a few months then scratched it due to low ratings.  The List will be moving to 4PM along with a new show at 4:30PM called Afternoon Focus.. Kelly Clarkson will stay at 3PM and 25 words or less will remain at 2 and 2:30PM.

Edited by ScottSchell

3 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

KJRH is going to try to do an hour long 6pm newscast for the second time they tried it a couple of years ago for a few months then scratched it due to low ratings.  The List will be moving to 4PM along with a new show at 4:30PM called Afternoon Focus.. Kelly Clarkson will stay at 3PM and 25 words or less will remain at 2 and 2:30PM.

Yeah that was crazy. They did so for like a month back in 2016, then changed it back to air The List at 6:30pm. I don't get why they expanded it only to then go back to a half-hour just a month later.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

KTAL has apparently launched something similar to what the CBS O&Os are doing on their CW partners. It's some sort of 1pm Newscast. 

Idk if this is permanent or what. Brittany Defran is the anchor. 

Are you sure this wasn't the local update during NBC News Daily?

• Like 1

And…on the same day Christi Paul debuts in her permanent role, Sara Shookman announced she is leaving WKYC to “spend more time with her family.”

https://www.wkyc.com/article/entertainment/television/programs/donovan-live/fresh-off-velosano-sara-shookman-joining-home-team/95-b8cc72b7-38f9-4aa5-bab7-f83f05541e17

She was pushed out…clearly.  

Edited by ttvn2000
  • Like 2

On 9/9/2022 at 5:17 PM, Breaking News said:

Now, all four of Cleveland's news stations are doing newscasts at 4PM.  With WOIO on at 3pm, I wouldn't be surprised if more stations start at 3 as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Looks like Gray is already building a strong farm team for the Meredith stations; meteorologist Cruz Medina departed WBAY over the Labor Day weekend and is moving to WSMV in Nashville. 😄 I watched him on WBAY over the last two years and he has a bright future ahead for sure!

WSB started a temporary 3pm newscast this week, lasting until the midterms are over. As a result, Tamron Hall is bumped until 1:36am.

And they outright admitted it's for political ad revenue:

https://www.ajc.com/life/radiotvtalk-blog/wsb-tv-newscast-temporarily-pre-empts-tamron-hall-talk-show-at-3-pm-until-midterm-elections/K2M3KLB4FVHATB5U33ZICKY53M/

• Confused 1
  • Concerned 1

24 minutes ago, MD TV said:

WSB started a temporary 3pm newscast this week, lasting until the midterms are over. As a result, Tamron Hall is bumped until 1:36am.

And they outright admitted it's for political ad revenue:

https://www.ajc.com/life/radiotvtalk-blog/wsb-tv-newscast-temporarily-pre-empts-tamron-hall-talk-show-at-3-pm-until-midterm-elections/K2M3KLB4FVHATB5U33ZICKY53M/

Your move WSOC. They could put Phil on WAXN to start a temporary 4:00 news and move Hot Bench and iCrime up and cut back Couples Court and Paternity Court to one airing each (the latter isn’t even in production and I don’t think Couples Court is either).

Edited by Nelson R.

14 minutes ago, TheRob said:

The latest Nexstar dumpster fire. With that audio leaked and the language he used, it would be hard to imagine him back at the anchor desk. He (allegedly) swore 40 times in 4 minutes, saying some really awful things to her. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Greggo said:

The latest Nexstar dumpster fire. With that audio leaked and the language he used, it would be hard to imagine him back at the anchor desk. He (allegedly) swore 40 times in 4 minutes, saying some really awful things to her. 

Look, I’m no Nexstar fan, but I wouldn’t blame the entire company over one idiot. Unless he exhibited the same behavior at KTVI (which we have no evidence of), they have no control over an individual employee acting like an abusive moron at another workplace. Even in that instance, most of the blame would go to local/regional management for their negligence, not corporate. I’m confident that KTVI will handle this appropriately (i.e., dump him).

• Like 5