Out & About

TexasTVNews

6 hours ago, atlnews2 said:

WXIA’s Chief investigator Brendan Keefe has left the station to be the Chief investigator for WGCL. Non compete will keep him off Wgcl until April 

WGCL also stole another investigator from WXIA a few weeks back: Andy Pierrotti. Looks like Gray isn’t messing around when it comes to making CBS 46 a contender. 

• Like 3

I don't think I saw this posted anywhere, but Jen Lewis, former WAVY (Portsmouth/Norfolk) AM traffic reporter, joined WTKR (Norfolk) in the same capacity last month. She's still a midday radio host on 92.9 The Wave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

That’s old news, no? Frank stated it himself in January, and it was established when KTVU moved Mike Mibach to the evening/late news in April. He’s been “officially out” for a while now. I’m surprised TVSpy posted this as if it were a new development just because of a Facebook update.

• Like 1

I hope this is the right place for this question, but did I miss something of an announcement or what?!, went to VUit's website to view some Alaska news, did the Gray Media news department consolidation lambada hit the folks in Fairbanks,Alaska with the merging of KTVF NBC 11 with teeny weeny CBS13 KXDF, again did I miss an announcement or what?!?!

https://news.yahoo.com/political-analyst-loses-tv-job-151832492.html

Political analyst loses TV job after mocking Trump’s appearance, Georgia station says

A political commentator is out of a job after poking fun at former President Donald Trump’s appearance during a live telecast, according to a Georgia news outlet.

WSB-TV Atlanta cut ties with longtime analyst Bill Crane on Monday, Aug. 22, following his remarks about Trump’s “looming orange face” and influence in the upcoming midterm elections.

Crane’s comments, said during a live segment on Sunday, Aug. 21, “are not aligned with our commitment to fair and unbiased reporting and analysis,” Ray Carter, vice president and general manager for WSB-TV, said in a statement.

“As a result, we’re ending our relationship with Mr. Crane, effective immediately,” Carter said.

After news of his firing, Crane said he stood by his analysis but acknowledged his wording “could have been a bit more PC.”

• Sad 1

WTEN (Albany, NY) will start at 9am newscast on 9/12. 

They will now air live news from 4:30-10:00am. This makes it the longest live morning news in Albany. I wondered if this would happen because WTEN aired Dr. Oz/Good Dish at 9 and picked up Sherri for 10am and there isn’t much new syndicated content they could have put at 9am. 

The promo says meteorologist Jill Szwed and morning anchor Stephanie Rivas will anchor (it doesn’t appear Ryan and Christina who Stephanie anchors with from 4:30-9:00 will anchor the new broadcast).

7BE5BB65-6606-4179-B5AA-F875B6FC5906.jpeg

On 8/10/2022 at 8:33 AM, Nelson R. said:

Former WJZY anchor and reporter Lindsay Clein is now a 4 and 5pm anchor at WXII! Good for WXII! 

I I

I wondered what happened to her on WJZY. Sorry to see her go but a good move for her. But perhaps if WJZY had been smart enought to give her a permanent anchor spot there she would still be in Charlotte.

3 minutes ago, tylerSC said:

I wondered what happened to her on WJZY. Sorry to see her go but a good move for her. But perhaps if WJZY had been smart enought to give her a permanent anchor spot there she would still be in Charlotte.

You answered your own question. She should’ve at least got the noon and 4pm job. I could read between the lines that she was not happy about being replaced by Alicia Barnes. She stayed through her contract.

This is a bit old, but Westword wrote again about KDVR/KWGN departures. They basically transcribed some brief podcasts a reporter did last November describing her brief five years in TV news. She added a July 2022 update about waiting tables in Winter Park (she now works in marketing for the resort). "Devastating takedown" is not how I would describe it. Some people can handle the life and some people can't.

https://www.westword.com/news/ex-fox31-reporter-aimee-lewiss-devastating-takedown-of-tv-news-14792007

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheRob said:

This is a bit old, but Westword wrote again about KDVR/KWGN departures. They basically transcribed some brief podcasts a reporter did last November describing her brief five years in TV news. She added a July 2022 update about waiting tables in Winter Park (she now works in marketing for the resort). "Devastating takedown" is not how I would describe it. Some people can handle the life and some people can't.

https://www.westword.com/news/ex-fox31-reporter-aimee-lewiss-devastating-takedown-of-tv-news-14792007

KDVR & KWGN have been loosing a lot of folks the past few months.  And from what I can tell they currently have 7 on-air positions open right now all for the FOX Side of the operation-KDVR/KFCT.  They also have 9 technical slots open (Photographer, Master Control, ect for KWGN & KDVR/KFCT).   I have been following all of the departures on my blog over the past several months.   

Heather Hope (recently at San Diego's KFMB) joins WRIC here in Richmond. She'll be anchoring the new 8 News at 4 with Eric Philips and longtime chief meterologist John Bernier. The new newscast premieres Monday, September 12th. Dr. Phil moves from 4pm to 3pm, while The Drew Barrymore Show moves from 3pm to 12:30pm (the show's first-half hour will replace a daytime repeat of Jeopardy!) after 8 News at Noon.

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/richmond/meet-heather-hope-8news-newest-anchor/

Edited by tw-804

5 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Just in time for college football season, WEAR ABC 3's transmitter decided not to work...

https://weartv.com/news/local/channel-3-working-to-resolve-technical-difficulties

They are broadcasting the games on sister station WFGX My35.

And apparently also their website

On 3/7/2022 at 2:57 PM, Breaking News said:

Say what you will about WSB-TV & WGCL-TV and it looks like another Atlanta icon changing stations.  Karyn Greer who been at both WGCL & WXIA. She heading

over to WSB-TV.

https://www.ajc.com/life/radiotvtalk-blog/veteran-cbs46-anchor-karyn-greer-replacing-jovita-moore-as-wsb-tv-evening-anchor/4FEG6I4FJ5CU3F6BPHSXTXOCBE/

Little follow up. With Karyn Greer's arrival, WSB has announced the new Evening Anchor lineup, effective tonight (9/6).

• 4pm - Wendy Corona & Justin Farmer
  • 5pm - Karyn Greer & Jorge Estevez
  • 6pm - Linda Stouffer & Justin Farmer
  • 11pm - Wendy Corona & Jorge Estevez