Out & About

TexasTVNews

https://www.pbrtv.com/powers-coming-to-wtae-tv/

WTAE-TV (4) announced Tuesday the appointment of Kristen Powers as co-anchor of the 11:00 p.m. weeknight newscast along side Mike Clark. Powers comes to Pittsburgh from Washington, D.C. where she has worked at Sinclair owned WJLA-TV (7).

In addition to Washington, Powers has also worked at stations in California. She has a master’s in Broadcast and Digital Journalism from Syracuse University. She earned her bachelor’s at Marquette University in her hometown – Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Powers says she’s admired Pittsburgh for years and is looking forward to calling the area home. She is also looking forward to getting involved with local charities. She will be on the air beginning in late June.

Edited by Superdude

2 hours ago, DENDude said:

KDVR/KFCT & KWGN have been loosing a lot of folks in the past month or so.  

I noticed that. And just before Rachel's departure Michael Kanopasek also left and his last day was yesterday the 23rd.  

The second half of this article has couple KDKA  personnel pieces, KDKA-TV Pittsburgh has hired Shawn Hoder as their new news director.

Wonder what changes will be made over the next several months?

Also, the article talks about the recent sharing of on-air meteorologists across various CBS O&O's.

https://triblive.com/aande/movies-tv/tv-talk-former-kdka-tv-reporter-julie-grant-announces-the-national-spelling-bee-pistol-premieres/

Edited by panewswatcher69
Corrected last name
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, panewswatcher69 said:

The second half of this article has couple KDKA  personnel pieces, KDKA-TV Pittsburgh has hired Shawn Hoder as their new news director.

Wonder what changes will be made over the next several months?

Also, the article talks about the recent sharing of on-air meteorologists across various CBS O&O's.

https://triblive.com/aande/movies-tv/tv-talk-former-kdka-tv-reporter-julie-grant-announces-the-national-spelling-bee-pistol-premieres/

Shawn Hoder didn't do well in Tampa with WTSP being TEGNA's experimental station. 

New GM Chris Cotugno has already stumbled with saying that Pittsburgh isn't a sports town. I'm very worried about Pittsburgh's long time ratings leader due to these two new hires. 

According to many people I know at the station. Moral has plummeted since Kathy Hostetter became the GM of WJZ in Baltimore. This is not good for KDKA. 

Screenshot_20220524-101519_Gmail.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

It starts to make me wonder if CBS will put some of their stations on the sale block.

I agree, especially the CW O&Os. Myself and others talked about this in the Nexstar Buying the CW? channel in more detail but I believe KDKA/WPCW will both be going to Nexstar after Nexstar takes over The CW. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

New GM Chris Cotugno has already stumbled with saying that Pittsburgh isn't a sports town. I'm very worried about Pittsburgh's long time ratings leader due to these two new hires. 

"Pittsburgh is not a sports town." Yeah, and New Yorkers aren't picky about their pizza. If these are the kind of people CBS are hiring to run their stations, some of you might have a point about a possible sale down the road. These are the actions of a company that doesn't see broadcasting as a priority.

• Like 6