Out & About

TexasTVNews

5 minutes ago, 24994J said:

The post in this thread came first, and the news likely doesn't need its own thread.

I actually expanded on a possible sale of WPGH/WPNT in the thread so I think it is warranted. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Confused 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:08 AM, sanewsguy said:

When did KMSG-LD (the MyNetwork successor to the now religious-KAIL) drop KFSN's 8pm news? Tried to record it tonight and they now have an hour of NewsNet in its place?

Maybe the contract ended and the super cheap folks at Cocola opted not to renew. That company is CHEAP.

I think KFSN is still producing it? At last check on the schedules, KMSG still airs an hour of news at 8pm. Unless something has changed. Let me know.

4 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I think KFSN is still producing it? At last check on the schedules, KMSG still airs an hour of news at 8pm. Unless something has changed. Let me know.

I know it's come and gone a few times. KFSN just launched a 7pm streaming newscast, so unless it simulcasts on the other station (like KTRK's 9pm show), I'm guessing the off-network OTA newscast is gone.

Just now, 24994J said:

I know it's come and gone a few times. KFSN just launched a 7pm streaming newscast, so unless it simulcasts on the other station (like KTRK's 9pm show), I'm guessing the off-network OTA newscast is gone.

Oh I totally forgot about that. Damn.

Rob Roth retires from KTVU after 38 years

https://youtu.be/yJ55JWHhE_E

Maria Cid Medina is leaving KPIX next week. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaDt5xYPQZV/?utm_medium=copy_link

Morning Meteorologist Mary Lee is stepping down at KPIX, she will be freelancing on science and earth stories here and there. She also went viral earlier in February when her fiancé proposed to her in studio while taping a weather segment for CBS NEWS Bay Area.   

https://youtu.be/lg_HHHIAKDE

3 New Reporters join KGO

Tara Campbell from WOWT 

Karina Nova from WBNS. She already filled in anchoring this past weekend on the evening shows

Gloria Rodriguez from its O&O group WTVD. She will be mostly be reporting in the mornings.

Edited by SFTV

43 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Scott Jones is reporting that all CBS O&Os will launch a 9am newscast soon.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2022/3/7/more-news-in-b-more

Ok a couple things with this. 

1. Why is Denise anchoring this newscast? Doesn't she just do the 6pm? 

And 2. KDKA already does Pittsburgh Today Live at 9am (which is technically a lifestyle show), so I'm not sure why they'd start a 9am newscast when they already have a locally produced show that seems to be successful in that slot. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheSpeedKing said:

The end of Maury on WJZ? Never thought I'd see that day...

Wait: Isn’t Maury Povich calling it quits with his show at the end of this season?? That alone might be the reason why the show will soon be off WJZ’s airwaves…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, J1975am said:

Wait: Isn’t Maury Povich calling it quits with his show at the end of this season?? That alone might be the reason why the show will soon be off WJZ’s airwaves…..

And that's why CBS is doing this. Also in every other market, CBS can create a local news monopoly at this timeslot or create competition against independents/CW affiliates airing local news.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

Scott Jones is reporting that all CBS O&Os will launch a 9am newscast soon.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2022/3/7/more-news-in-b-more

2 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

I wonder if CBS will continue to offer LMAD at 9am or move it to a universal time at 2pm.

What is going to happen to Drew Barrymore on the O&O’s? I thought she was doing well enough to be renewed for another season.

24 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

What is going to happen to Drew Barrymore on the O&O’s? I thought she was doing well enough to be renewed for another season.

Would she be replacing Judge Judy at 4?  I guess CBS doesn't feel a 4 pm news broadcast competing against the ABC and NBC O&O's is worth it?

27 minutes ago, NowBergen said:

Would she be replacing Judge Judy at 4?  I guess CBS doesn't feel a 4 pm news broadcast competing against the ABC and NBC O&O's is worth it?

A lot of CBS O&O's don't air Judge Judy. KYW never did. Now they have a 4p newscast. I do agree that Drew Barrymore could move to that slot though (or she could start airing at 3 and Dr. Phil could move to 4). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

I wonder if CBS will continue to offer LMAD at 9am or move it to a universal time at 2pm.

WBTV could start a 9am newscast and move QC in the Morning to 10am if everyone moved LMAD to 3/2. Regardless, they need to start a 9am or 3pm newscast, there is no need for QC in the Morning AND QC at 3.

Edited by Nelson R.

KOKI FOX23’s Rick Maranon just announced he has been named the permanent weekend evening anchor he along with other reporters have been rotating the shift when Sara Whaley moved to the co anchor position there Monday-Friday.

Edited by ScottSchell

Say what you will about WSB-TV & WGCL-TV and it looks like another Atlanta icon changing stations.  Karyn Greer who been at both WGCL & WXIA. She heading

over to WSB-TV.

https://www.ajc.com/life/radiotvtalk-blog/veteran-cbs46-anchor-karyn-greer-replacing-jovita-moore-as-wsb-tv-evening-anchor/4FEG6I4FJ5CU3F6BPHSXTXOCBE/

Screenshot_20220307-153954_Instagram-1.jpg

Edited by Breaking News
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Breaking News said:

Say what you will about WSB-TV & WGCL-TV and it looks like another Atlanta icon changing stations.  Karyn Greer who been at both WGCL & WXIA. She heading

over to WSB-TV.

https://www.ajc.com/life/radiotvtalk-blog/veteran-cbs46-anchor-karyn-greer-replacing-jovita-moore-as-wsb-tv-evening-anchor/4FEG6I4FJ5CU3F6BPHSXTXOCBE/

WOW, that was definitely unexpected. Congrats to her though! It's rare that WSB will add someone from a last place station in the market even with her rich Atlanta History. 

4 hours ago, Breaking News said:

over to WSB-TV.

Who has been anchoring in Jovita’s place? It’s odd they would hire Karyn and not know which show(s) she’ll be on. 

2 hours ago, Greggo said:

Who has been anchoring in Jovita’s place? It’s odd they would hire Karyn and not know which show(s) she’ll be on. 

Likely 5 & 11 pm with Wendy Corona adding 6 pm duties in addition her 4 pm duties. I believe Wendy for the time being has been anchoring all of the evening shows.