Out & About

TexasTVNews

Sad news to report, a well known news anchor in my area was arrested on suspicion of DUI last night. The video of the anchor ramming the other car and getting arrested was overwhelming to watch. 

im not going to post it. You can put the puzzle pieces together and will most likely hear about it this weekend. 

1 hour ago, SFTV said:

Sad news to report, a well-known news anchor in my area was arrested on suspicion of DUI last night. The video of the anchor ramming the other car and getting arrested was overwhelming to watch. 

im not going to post it. You can put the puzzle pieces together and will most likely hear about it this weekend. 

I have a good feeling about who it is. His career is getting tarnished.

It's all over the news in the Bay Area. It's Frank Somerville. Sucks for him, but no need to withhold his name. If he didn't want to make the headlines, he shouldn't have gotten behind the wheel while intoxicated. I hope he gets help.

www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/bay-area-tv-anchor-frank-somerville-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui/

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2021 at 7:21 AM, ScottSchell said:

Weekend Meteorologist Clint Boone at KJRH has announced today (12/19) is his last day with 2News Oklahoma he has spent 3 years at 2 when Mike Collier hired him from KTUL.  He hasn’t announced plans for 2022 yet but said he will let people know soon.

Update on Clint Boone he has joined KOTV replacing Kendell Smith who’s with FOX Weather and Sawyer Wells who left the station yesterday to become a doctor (His replacement starts soon from what Sawyer told me).  Clint rejoins Travis Meyer who was his boss at KTUL in the mid 2000’s he will be on weekends starting next weekend. 

7CFF50F4-3B5F-449C-A163-A7BA47ED7FF0.png

Edited by ScottSchell

Lisa Budeau, who was a longtime anchor at KVLY until being dismissed last fall, has landed across town at WDAY. They're adding her as a third anchor in the same time slot she hosted at Valley News Live (5-7AM). (VNL ironically still hasn't found a replacement for Budeau since she left running with just one anchor)

https://www.inforum.com/news/local/longtime-local-anchor-lisa-budeau-joins-wdays-first-news-morning-show

20 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

ABC promoted the first ever (English-language network) Puerto Rico countdown on New Year's Rockin' Eve tonight (shhhh...Univision, Telemundo, and WAPA airing that for years doesn't count somehow)...

Completely forgetting that most of their affiliates don't usually like to start their news at 11:01/10:01 for no good reason, especially on a night where five minutes (and three minutes of ads) are already taken away for New York coverage. Both my ABC affiliates (WBAY and WISN) have hard master control clocks and went right to their news at 10 on the dot, and I'm sure a good percentage of ABC affiliates in the Central/Eastern Time Zones did too. Very bad planning on ABC and Media Rights Capital's part.

Making it worse? They didn't even count down for a full minute, it was on a broadcast delay, and when they did start the countdown, it was the top of the hour and there was no natural lead-in outside chaos on stage desperately getting the crowed to get hyped for the countdown, thus the affiliates made the right choice in going to news.

I'm not even going to get deep into the unmasked disaster that is CBS in Nashville tonight (say everyone is triple-vaxxed all you want, people will fake their cards and there's no breathing room in those crowd shots); at least the NBC coverage does have a mostly-masked crowd and compelling performances from Miley (Pete Davidson though...noooooo), and outside that bad clocking, ABC is fine, though the late-late night recorded performances from LA and previous years have been used as a primetime Plan B.

ETA - ABC also forgot that the Friday night Mega Millions drawing is a thing stations air (which originates at WSB and is always aired there and all Cox stations), so the San Juan countdown was also pre-empted for that.

Here's a video of a Puerto Rican family watching on WFTV in Orlando and their reaction.

O&O WPVI cut it off about two seconds after them to a commercial break.

Edited by WheelWarrior

Art Rascon signed off from KTRK’s midday and 5 pm news yesterday after 23 years. His son Jacob Rascon anchored yesterday’s midday newscast with his father and officially started today as a morning anchor. Still not entirely sure what happens to Samica Knight in this instance as she has been the morning anchor since 2015 and she’s not in any of the photos from today.

Edited by MorningNews

On 1/1/2022 at 10:08 AM, ScottSchell said:

Update on Clint Boone he has joined KOTV replacing Kendell Smith who’s with FOX Weather and Sawyer Wells who left the station yesterday to become a doctor (His replacement starts soon from what Sawyer told me).  Clint rejoins Travis Meyer who was his boss at KTUL in the mid 2000’s he will be on weekends starting next weekend. 

One more update Megan Gold is the second meteorologist for KOTV’s weekend team she will be on the Weekend Mornings while Clint will be Weekend Evenings they both started at 6 yesterday.  Megan is fresh out of school from OU and was part time at KY3 in Springfield so she’s no stranger to Oklahoma.

0D09785D-280C-401E-B826-71194FF32E7F.jpeg

Edited by ScottSchell

On 1/1/2022 at 10:08 AM, ScottSchell said:

Oklahoma’s “no non-competes” law really does help talent wreak havoc on their stations when they just pick up and cross the street and I’m here for the drama. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Oklahoma’s “no non-competes” law really does help talent wreak havoc on their stations when they just pick up and cross the street and I’m here for the drama. 

I honestly think it just depends on the contract conditions when Clint left he couldn’t announce where he was going until the contract was up so I think his contract was done at the end of December since that’s when he announced where he was heading.  Kinda like when Mike Collier left 8 he wasn’t actually supposed to be on air for another week but KJRH said screw it kicked Brett Anthony out during severe weather and had Mike go on.

2 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

I honestly think it just depends on the contract conditions when Clint left he couldn’t announce where he was going until the contract was up so I think his contract was done at the end of December since that’s when he announced where he was heading.  Kinda like when Mike Collier left 8 he wasn’t actually supposed to be on air for another week but KJRH said screw it kicked Brett Anthony out during severe weather and had Mike go on.

I just mean more of the fact that this can happen at all…

I believe the only other states this is really even possible are California and South Dakota. 

• Like 1

WOIO/WUAB has added Ana García and Cristina García to join Steven Hernández as part of the team for the new WTCL Telemundo Cleveland station starting on January 10.

https://www-cleveland19-com.translate.goog/2022/01/07/noticias-telemundo-llega-cleveland/?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc&fbclid=IwAR2C_iyHCBJs83QeXyy4SJs_SyBzY4wp-l6rl3ahDJHzfQe7_TcpYmzwhos

Big departure coming to D.C.

Longtime WTTG Meteorologist Sue Palka is retiring on March 23 after over 36 years at channel 5

She stated that while she's retiring from her weather duties, she could still be involved in some feature reporting & some live events from time to time.

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Sad 3

When did KMSG-LD (the MyNetwork successor to the now religious-KAIL) drop KFSN's 8pm news? Tried to record it tonight and they now have an hour of NewsNet in its place?

Maybe the contract ended and the super cheap folks at Cocola opted not to renew. That company is CHEAP.

On 1/12/2022 at 3:20 AM, east-tx-tv said:

After over 40 years anchoring and reporting at KFDA, Walt Howard has announced he will call it a day.

https://www.newschannel10.com/2022/01/11/tx-panhandle-journalism-icon-walt-howard-retires-after-more-than-40-years-newschannel-10

Walt Howard's goodbye, introduction of his replacement, and an on-set reception which included the naming of KFDA's news studio as the "Walt Howard Studio".

https://www.newschannel10.com/video/2022/01/14/walt-howard-final-show-newschannel/

• Like 1