Out & About

TexasTVNews

We missed this: Jason Marks (WAVY) and Erica Greenway (WTKR) exited their stations yesterday and today respectively. They're heading to California, but didn't say where in the state.

Robert Corbin VARTV on Twitter: "Married couple, Nexstar's @WAVY_News reporter @jasonmarkswavy and @WTKR3's anchor/reporter @ericagreenway, set to exit their respective stations... #hrva #VARTV" / Twitter

KREM broadcast some certain images they shouldn't have on the Sunday 6 p.m. newscast through a weather center monitor, and of course, it involves police and corporate investigation, and no doubt, the FCC will be there soon. Speculation is suggesting a WDBJ-level fine, but even worse since it involved the type of nudity that's more than Cinemax-level.

15 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

KMOV's Kim St. Onge has been fired by Meredith (and would have been fired by Gray if they had not aligned their policies).

And she does happen to mention a 'non-disclosure payment', which I had a feeling the Gray folks who separated but don't go to the media are happy enough about to accept. So she agreed to full masking and testing...but not being a part of meetings except on Zoom? I'd be bouncing if I could just watch news meetings in another room and stay there. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

Edited by mrschimpf
  • Like 1

One more fired by Gray over vaccine refusal:

KGNS - Barbara Campos, morning anchor

The common thread seems to be that nearly all those who were fired were in smaller markets (very few were in markets above 100) and in very red areas. Most of them also seemed to be those with high levels of experience. If that is the case, the bloodletting should be less when Tegna and Scripps impose theirs next month, since they are much more prevalent in larger markets.

Edited by GoldenShine9

2 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

One more fired by Gray over vaccine refusal:

KGNS - Barbara Campos, morning anchor

The common thread seems to be that nearly all those who were fired were in smaller markets (very few were in markets above 100) and in very red areas. Most of them also seemed to be those with high levels of experience.

Or else they seem to be very green and didn't get proper counsel about how to proceed. As I said above with the KMOV reporter (whose management moved heaven and earth to keep her on and she still tossed the toys from the pram), all of those who have left either have plenty to live on in retirement or think the industry has short memories and will just allow them to come back once a magic 'herd immunity, you don't have to get the vaccine!' line is crossed (and it's a hindsight relief that Ben Swann was canned from WGCL well before the pandemic).

The Tegna and Scripps lines fall just before the holidays, so there may be a few holdouts who will likely capitulate for family gatherings or getting to be part of the year-end promos. I know I'll be interested locally to see how the WTMJ newsroom falls, remembering the lawsuit a couple years back where a former employee had issues with co-workers pressuring their beliefs on him.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:13 AM, mrschimpf said:

The Tegna and Scripps lines fall just before the holidays, so there may be a few holdouts who will likely capitulate for family gatherings or getting to be part of the year-end promos. I know I'll be interested locally to see how the WTMJ newsroom falls, remembering the lawsuit a couple years back where a former employee had issues with co-workers pressuring their beliefs on him.

Scott Steele? Turn over at WTMJ has been significant since Scripps. It’s going  to difficult to track who is leaving on there own/ getting the boot for other reasons and who’s leaving because of no vaccine.

On 9/30/2021 at 7:50 PM, TexasTVNews said:

Folks, despite the departures of two of Houston's popular anchors, a Southeast Texas news anchor has relocated to Southern New England. Remember Tiffany Murphy left Beaumont's KFDM 6 News earlier this month, we now where she's landed. Tiffany is now at Providence's ABC 6 (WLNE) as the stations 4, 5, 6, and 11pm anchor.

Is she still at WLNE? She was there for a week and then disappeared.

13 minutes ago, SFTV said:

Kyla Grogan is leaving KTVU due to the internal issues that has been on going behind the scenes. I’m guessing the Frank Somerville fiasco was the ice breaker.

https://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2021/10/kyla-grogan-apparently-leaving-ktvu.html?m=1

Another case of Lieberman only getting the story 30% right and then making up the rest.

• Like 1