Out & About

TexasTVNews

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

KATU is not airing morning and afternoon news today so their staff can attend a mental health event. Their 11pm news will air as scheduled.

Is this a mandatory thing across all Sinclair stations? What will air in place of the newscasts?

Edited by mvcg66b3r

8 minutes ago, mvcg66b3r said:

Is this a mandatory thing across all Sinclair stations? What will air in place of the newscasts?

I don't see any evidence of this happening company-wide.

KATU is re-running some locally-produced specials from earlier in the year.

With Dean Stephens hanging it up in SC Low Country, so is Dominique Sachse. Dominique is leaving Houston's KPRC Channel 2 (NBC) after 28 years

at the top-rated NBC station. Sachse will be singing off on October 29th at 6pm. No word on who will succeed Dominque in the evening newscasts.

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2021/09/dominique-sachse-to-leave-kprc-2.html

1 hour ago, Greggo said:

More Houston TV news … 5p anchor Art Rascon is retiring from KTRK at the end of the year. His replacement will be … his son, Jacob Rascon. Jacob recently left KPRC, where he had been co-anchoring weekend mornings. 

In one day in one market alot of folks leaving.

Art Rascon is retiring and his son Jacob will step in his dad shoes next year.  Then others are leaving such as Marla Carter and the exit of Cory McGinnis.

Then over at KPRC the face of the station Dominique Sachse is leaving in October. This is a major news, because she been with the station

for a long time. WOW!

What going on at KTRK?  I wonder what has Dominique wanting to leave?

While it was shocking to hear them announce it today, I’m not completely shocked to hear their departures. Art has scaled back his work on the station and gave up the 6pm to work the 11am and 5pm. I thought he was a shoe-in to replace Dave Ward.

Dominique has been growing her presence heavily as a social media influencer. It was a matter of time before they made her choose one or another.

Folks, despite the departures of two of Houston's popular anchors, a Southeast Texas news anchor has relocated to Southern New England. Remember Tiffany Murphy left Beaumont's KFDM 6 News earlier this month, we now where she's landed. Tiffany is now at Providence's ABC 6 (WLNE) as the stations 4, 5, 6, and 11pm anchor.

Edited by TexasTVNews

Amanda Starrantino recently left WRTV and heads west to KPIX as Morning and Noon anchor.

She replaces Michelle Griego who left a few months ago to head back home to KCNC where she previously worked.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

Do we have a thread/list of all the non-vaxers that Gray jettisoned yesterday? 10 pm anchor Tom Tucker (who was just hired last month) and right-wing commentator Chris Berg are gone from KVLY/Fargo

https://www.inforum.com/entertainment/7212783-Chris-Berg-leaves-Valley-News-Live-as-companys-vaccine-deadline-arrives

From what I am reading, Amanda Barren from WSAZ is one. 

7 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

Do we have a thread/list of all the non-vaxers that Gray jettisoned yesterday? 10 pm anchor Tom Tucker (who was just hired last month) and right-wing commentator Chris Berg are gone from KVLY/Fargo

I wonder if that Tom Tucker (since he was in Palm Springs) inspired the same of the Family Guy news anchor 😂. Also I understand privacy concerns and all that, but you'd have to think he's re-paying his contract because he held back he wasn't compliant with their policy coming in the door and they had to waste all that money promoting him and now are starting at square one after a month.

Meanwhile Chris Berg reading that 'back story'...insufferable Al Bundy/past glory vibes 🙄. I'm sure he won't be missed at Gray, and the radio industry thanks that company for being blunt with their policies so the immuno-compromised know they need not apply there.

4 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Meanwhile Chris Berg reading that 'back story'...insufferable Al Bundy/past glory vibes 🙄. I'm sure he won't be missed at Gray, and the radio industry thanks that company for being blunt with their policies so the immuno-compromised know they need not apply there.

To Chris' credit, for full disclosure and to be fair, The Forum's parent company (Forum Comm.) owns KVLY's competitor WDAY/ABC. Of course they're going to spin this to make anyone at KVLY look worse than they really are.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

https://www.inforum.com/entertainment/7212783-Chris-Berg-leaves-Valley-News-Live-as-companys-vaccine-deadline-arrives

A few I know:

KXII - Tom Miller, meteorologist and Dan Thomas, lead anchor (their posts got deleted, but reports around social media)

KYTV - Linda Simmons, anchor/reporter

WLOX - Meggan Gray, anchor

WLUC - Karl Bohnak, chief meteorologist (went full conspiracy theorist in his response) and Sarah Blakely, lead anchor 

Those I know are confirmed, but there are likely many others. It seems old-timers are the most resistant, perhaps older journalists are much more conservative?