Out & About

TexasTVNews

With the Delta Variant rising again, are the stations in your market taking a step back again?

KGO started to separate anchors again as of this morning.

they currently have 5 different set up options for its anchors to socially distance again.

1. Desk

2. Weather Center

3. Side Set

4. Newsroom

5. Lunchroom

Longtime WMBB anchor Jerry Brown has retired after 16 years at WMBB in Panama City. 

Prior to that, he was a longtime anchor at WDEF in Chattanooga along with stints in Macon, Tallahassee, Wichita Falls, and Wilimington, NC.

https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/anchor-jerry-brown-retires-from-wmbb/

I''ve noticed that Tom Lewis has been putting himself on the air.  Prior to his stint as News Director at WMBB, he spent 13 years at WJHG as their primary anchor, and even doubled as the News Director for about 5 years (from 2005-2010).  He also was a longtime morning show co-host on WPAP radio.

And prior to his time at WJHG, he anchored at......WMBB.

Could history repeat itself again?

Edited by tyrannical bastard
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 7:29 PM, SFTV said:

With the Delta Variant rising again, are the stations in your market taking a step back again?

KGO started to separate anchors again as of this morning.

they currently have 5 different set up options for its anchors to socially distance again.

1. Desk

2. Weather Center

3. Side Set

4. Newsroom

5. Lunchroom

In DC, WRC-TV's Sunday morning broadcast started social distancing anchors again.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Breaking News said:

WPTV's  being sold from our favorite guy- he has the latest about WPTV

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/8/3/we-are-selling-the-building

I just read this.  It is not WPTV, in fact the memo states WPTV facility will provide studio support if needed.  The address stated is not the WPTV studio address.  The memo specifically mentions the purchased media properties of iON (which was located separately in WPB), Newsy and Katz Networks.  I suggest you re-read this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NowBergen said:

I just read this.  It is not WPTV, in fact the memo states WPTV facility will provide studio support if needed.  The address stated is not the WPTV studio address.  The memo specifically mentions the purchased media properties of iON (which was located separately in WPB), Newsy and Katz Networks.  I suggest you re-read this.

my apologies

34 minutes ago, MartheJokester said:

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/8/11/from-out-of-the-swamp

Apparently Jeremy Kappell is back on the airwaves in Kentucky at WTVQ. I'm surprised Morris Multimedia didn't vet him but I doubt the viewers care too much though.

They get shredded in ratings anyway though by WKYT and WLEX.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MartheJokester said:

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/8/11/from-out-of-the-swamp

Apparently Jeremy Kappell is back on the airwaves in Kentucky at WTVQ. I'm surprised Morris Multimedia didn't vet him but I doubt the viewers care too much though.

Same place that hired Lee Cruse from WLEX after his "Royal Baby" flap....

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2019/05/23/wlex-18-lexington-kentucky-tv-host-lee-cruse-cuts-ties-british-royal-baby-comments/1203626001/

WTVQ is becoming the next "asylum" station, sort of like WVIR was several years back.  Especially when they hired major market bounced talent like David Rogers.

Speaking of Lee Cruse, he hosts a daily talk show on WTVQ with former his former co-host Hayley Harmon.  called "The Lee & Hayley Show".  Basically a re-do of their "Live with Lee & Hayley" from their WLEX days.

That's another thread in itself I've been meaning to start one of these days.  Many of the Morris stations carry it as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2019/05/23/wlex-18-lexington-kentucky-tv-host-lee-cruse-cuts-ties-british-royal-baby-comments/1203626001/

WTVQ is becoming the next "asylum" station, sort of like WVIR was several years back.  Especially when they hired major market bounced talent like David Rogers.

Speaking of Lee Cruse, he hosts a daily talk show on WTVQ with former his former co-host Hayley Harmon.  called "The Lee & Hayley Show".  Basically a re-do of their "Live with Lee & Hayley" from their WLEX days.

That's another thread in itself I've been meaning to start one of these days.  Many of the Morris stations carry it as well.

I'm actually a huge fan of that show. It's very refreshing compared to a most of the (advertorial) non-news stuff local stations tend to put out these days, and very underrated. For as much slack as I give Morris, I'm actually glad they took a chance on Lee and let him and Hayley make a comeback because a lot of other groups wouldn't have. 

I personally feel like he made an honest mistake. But at the same time, WTVQ is a better fit for the two. WLEX used to be a more lighthearted station under Cordillera - serious when they needed to be but they didn't take themselves too seriously either. The culture of LEX 18 is definitely changing under Scripps into a much more hard news-focused station and I just think it all happened for a reason. 

And yes, all but one of the Morris stations are currently or will carry it by the fall season. For unknown reasons, WDEF is the lone holdout. Guess they feel an hour and a half of Judge Judy from 4-5:30pm is a better use of time (I'm stunned they finally added a 5:30pm show though. In 2021). Gray's WBKO-DT2 in Bowling Green carries it as well.

Edited by sanewsguy
  • Like 2

I had said earlier that this was about to happen but didn't want to post about it until I saw the promo.  KPXJ is doing a 3pm newscast beginning on the 16th.

Alex Anderson will anchor, Joe Haynes will be on weather and Julie Parr will handle the Texarkana reports along with additional reports chiefly from Brandy Campbell.  Anderson also anchors at 4pm and does sports at 6, 9 and 10.

Edited by ColtFromGulfcoast
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Let’s not also forget WTVQ is also the station that hired Erica Bivens not long after she and Chelsea Ambriz were fired after they came to blows in public during their time at WSAZ. (Ambriz, meanwhile, is doing well over at WeatherNation)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

I had said earlier that this was about to happen but didn't want to post about it until I saw the promo. 

Alex Anderson will anchor, Joe Haynes will be on weather and Julie Parr will handle the Texarkana reports along with additional reports chiefly from Brandy Campbell.  Anderson also anchors at 4pm and does sports at 6, 9 and 10.

What station is this? I'm confused...