Out & About

TexasTVNews

On 5/10/2021 at 9:40 PM, Breaking News said:

Ken Rodriguez at FOX 5/WAGA-TV in Atlanta made a Facebook announcement.

Screenshot_2021-05-10 (1) Ken Rodriguez FOX 5 Facebook.png

I know who could be taking his place. 

Happy retirement Ken.

Edited by Nelson R.

1 hour ago, SFTV said:

Susie Steimle announced on Twitter that it’s her last week at KPIX.

Second, Emily Turner also leaving…

this is a third departure from KPIX this week with Veronica De La Cruz officially gone. 

Wait, Emily's also leaving? I thought it was Michelle? Unless it's both?? I remember when we were discussing who might or might not replace Michelle Griego and now both of the names tossed out there are leaving. KPIX is definitely in need of hiring newbies at this point, and hopefully it won't have to be another expensive move like poaching VDLC several years ago. The bench continues to deteriorate at KPIX. Also Susie's departure is a big loss because of her housing-focused reporting, a big issue in the Bay Area. sigh

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Wait, Emily's also leaving? I thought it was Michelle? Unless it's both?? I remember when we were discussing who might or might not replace Michelle Griego and now both of the names tossed out there are leaving. KPIX is definitely in need of hiring newbies at this point, and hopefully it won't have to be another expensive move like poaching VDLC several years ago. The bench continues to deteriorate at KPIX. Also Susie's departure is a big loss because of her housing-focused reporting, a big issue in the Bay Area. sigh

That “blog” reported Emily’s departure.

yes forgot about Michelle! That’s 4!

they just hired Justin Andrew’s. So that’s one replacement for a reporter position.

• Sad 1

Just now, SFTV said:

Justin Andrew’s

Yep, I noticed him too. It's good they've added someone new to the reporter pool, but it's definitely not enough. I hate the term as much as anyone else, but "staffing shortage" keeps permeating my thoughts as I think about working in journalism in this era, and/or living/working in the Bay, and/or working for CBS.

• Like 1

the legend is BACK!

Since the rebrand of Teleonce (from Univision Puerto Rico) in February, owner Liberman Media group has assembled a new news department for WLII-TV. They've enlisted Anchor Celimar Adames (who had a discrimination lawsuit vs WAPA after her removal off the anchor post at Noticentro) + Meteorologist Deborah Martorell, both formerly at WAPA-TV, of which they since resigned to join in. Nuria Zebasco, most recently at Telemundo, returns home after she + other colleagues were unceremoniously laid off when Univision shut down its news department in 2014. Luis Joel Aymat, current anchor of its incarnation Edicion Puerto Rico, will be retained as a sports anchor. They've also brought back the title Las Noticias, which heralds back to the original incarnation of the station's first era for 16 years before Univision took over in 2002.

Checking from social reaction, it appears the news has been well received from the public as a welcome change to local news often dominated by WAPA + Telemundo. Also Liberman has been investing in local programming at Teleonce by hiring one of the comedic talents also from WAPA to produce his own variety show. Target time for relaunch is somewhere around later July or August. Its news director, Enrique Kike Cruz arrived from WAPA after serving 38 years in the same role. 

https://www.tvboricuausa.com/2021/06/nuevo-noticiario-de-teleonce-se-llamara-las-noticias.html

• Like 1

In Columbus, WCMH early evening coanchor Darlene Hill is apparently leaving Columbus. Weekend anchor Jennifer Bullock announced tonight she is leaving weekends and moving to the 'early evening' newscasts. Darlene's Twitter seems to indicate she's returning to Chicago.

Edited by 8Viewer

The devastating collapsed condo building in Miami hits close to WSVN Chief Meteorologist Phil Ferro. Phil Godmother and Uncle were found in the rubble over the weekend. Prayers and condolences are with Phil Ferro's family at this very difficult time.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/miami-dade/7weathers-ferro-opens-up-about-losing-uncle-godmother-in-condo-collapse/

Edited by TexasTVNews
  • Sad 3

Another Hearst station is adding a 4pm-cast.

WTAE will be launching the new 4pm show beginning Tuesday (7/6).

Other changes to the station's lineup:

• Ellen is being moved from 4pm to 3pm.
  • Tamron is being moved from 3pm to 10am.
  • And Dr. Oz is being bumped from 10am to 1:07am after Nightline.
Edited by CircleSeven
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Another Hearst station is adding a 4pm-cast.

WTAE will be launching the new 4pm show beginning Tuesday (7/6).

Other changes to the station's lineup:

• Ellen is being moved from 4pm to 3pm.
  • Tamron is being moved from 3pm to 10am.
  • And Dr. Oz is being bumped from 10am to 1:07am after Nightline.

Not surprising. It was going to happen eventually. I actually thought it would happen after Ellen ended her run next year, but this works too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Major retirement announcement at WBTV.

He will be missed! ❤️

Literally one of the best in this city, I wish the best of luck to him on his retirement.